Battle of the Brechin and Border Bumpkins

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Must win for Queens if any interest in staying in touch of top four.

With the greatest of respect to Brechin we should always be looking to beat a winless team who are bottom of the league regardless of our aspirations.

Anyone who considers us as contenders for the top 4 are dreaming though. We need to win these kind of games to stave off any concerns about the relegation playoffs.

With the greatest of respect to Brechin we should always be looking to beat a winless team who are bottom of the league regardless of our aspirations.

Anyone who considers us as contenders for the top 4 are dreaming though. We need to win these kind of games to stave off any concerns about the relegation playoffs.

With Queens penchant for making life extremely difficult for ourselves it naturally wouldn't surprise me if we end up looking downwards rather than upwards.In all honesty though, having watched Q1 unfold surely a top 4 finish has to be a very realistic goal for us? I haven't seen us outplayed yet (no doubt that will be on the horizon) and our haul of 12 points is the absolute worst case scenario based on what I have seen.

I think there is a real risk that we over estimate the opposition because in the context of this league it is bang average . The big difference this season that I can see is that we are limiting teams to very few chances - if we continue to do that one would assume that Dobbie and Co will start converting a higher percentage of chances.

The biggest negativity I see is the question mark over the Manager and his ability to get wins in these tight matches against our rivals. To date he has a very poor record in this regard.

For me thinking big is to dream about the title but top 4 should be a realistic goal surely?

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

With Queens penchant for making life extremely difficult for ourselves it naturally wouldn't surprise me if we end up looking downwards rather than upwards.In all honesty though, having watched Q1 unfold surely a top 4 finish has to be a very realistic goal for us? I haven't seen us outplayed yet (no doubt that will be on the horizon) and our haul of 12 points is the absolute worst case scenario based on what I have seen.

I think there is a real risk that we over estimate the opposition because in the context of this league it is bang average . The big difference this season that I can see is that we are limiting teams to very few chances - if we continue to do that one would assume that Dobbie and Co will start converting a higher percentage of chances.

The biggest negativity I see is the question mark over the Manager and his ability to get wins in these tight matches against our rivals. To date he has a very poor record in this regard.

For me thinking big is to dream about the title but top 4 should be a realistic goal surely?

St Mirren completely bossed us for 90 minutes without getting out of second gear.  Dundee United beat us despite playing most of the game with ten men.  Both of these teams should have the resources to be comfortably out of sight of us come May and I would imagine will make up the top 2.

I would rank us along with Livingston, Dunfermline and Morton as "best of the rest", or probably more accurately "least worst of the rest".  There isn't much between these teams but so far our results against them have been 2 draws and a defeat.  The draw with Livingston is the only decent result out of those as it was away from home.  The defeat to Morton was very disappointing and the draw with Dunfermline does us no favours if we are aiming for the playoffs.

You would expect Falkirk to recover in the same fashion as St Mirren last season, and I would still fancy them to finish ahead of us.  They are only 5 points adrift despite a woeful start.

Dumbarton will hold their own as always, and whilst I doubt they will be near the promotion playoff they will have a big say in who is, due to their ability to beat anyone on any given day.

ICT and Brechin look doomed, and even when Inverness inevitably sack Robertson I don't see them making a sudden charge up the league.

Every season since the playoffs were introduced we've stated that our aim has been to reach them, and I don't have a problem with that.  Hoping to finish fourth out of ten is hardly reaching for the stars.  Ahead of this season though, I had that target more out of hope than expectation, and I have seen nothing to change that view.  We have too many weaknesses throughout the team to be considered anything other than outsiders for the playoffs.

With Chris “Harry” Kane missing we’ll need to wait another week for his first league goal. Maybe this week will see Alan “The Cat” Martin’s first diving save of the season.  The cat in question being Bagpuss.

20 minutes ago, Flash said:

With Chris “Harry” Kane missing we’ll need to wait another week for his first league goal. Maybe this week will see Alan “The Cat” Martin’s first diving save of the season.  The cat in question being Bagpuss.

It's fair to say our two most heralded signings have failed to live up to the hype.

6 hours ago, Flash said:

But Emily loved him.

Archived