Battle of the Brechin and Border Bumpkins

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well if you can't beat a "poor team" like us at home who will you beat?

You're surely mistaken? Martin doesn't make saves remember, the big flop...

I'm not sure blocking a player from getting the ball is even a yellow. I can't ever recall seeing a goalkeeper receiving one after a penalty certainly. I'd have to see the video footage but looking at those photos there is only one aggressor there. I'd be disappointed if we don't appeal the decision going by those photos.

Retaliation comes after the aggression . As I said, the photos don't show the afters.  From what I can remember quite a few players waded in with handbags too ! 8);)

Edit......BTW I am not condoning Love for one minute.  He deserved a red and deserves all the punishment thrown at him. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Retaliation comes after the aggression . As I said, the photos don't show the afters.  From what I can remember quite a few players waded in with handbags too ! 8)[emoji6]

Edit......BTW I am not condoning Love for one minute.  He deserved a red and deserves all the punishment thrown at him. 

No I never took it as you condoning Love, more trying to justify Kerr's red which is fair enough. The video footage will hopefully clear it all up. I think the photos are enough proof to show Love's Red was the correct decision, the jury is still out on Kerr.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He doesnt really do anything other than push Love away with hands to the chest. Dont think its remotely a sending off.

Rankin is saying Kerr face is a mess so there was contact from Love..

Wonder if the club will appeal does it not cost the club a bit if money if you lose the appeal.

Do you think it is worth a appeal Kerr does push Love with both hands .

If no appeal will Kerr be out for 3 games thought it was only 2 games 

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He doesnt really do anything other than push Love away with hands to the chest. Dont think its remotely a sending off.

If it was done in an aggressive or violent manner then pushing an opponent,  irrespective of where on the body he is pushed, is a red card offence,  or used to be before such behaviour seemingly became acceptable and when  referees applied the rules with some consistency. 

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Based on yesterday I thought you looked a pretty average team and would have thought the payoffs were a bit out of your reach, but maybe yesterday was just a poor day at the office for QOS

Come back when Brechin reach average and your views may be worth heeding. 

26 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If it was done in an aggressive or violent manner then pushing an opponent,  irrespective of where on the body he is pushed, is a red card offence,  or used to be before such behaviour seemingly became acceptable and when  referees applied the rules with some consistency. 

Come back when Brechin reach average and your views may be worth heeding. 

1483819851.png

I thought the game was entertaining with both teams trying to win.

I was happy with the freshen up of players and I do not feel any of them let the side down. Layne did have three chances which would suggest he is at least getting into the right positions - any of our previous strikers had three chances like that? And maybe playing more often one might have gone in. I also though he was better at holding the ball up than McLean or Orsi. 

Thought Graham a little unlucky to be benched but like I say everyone did well - I have no idea why we have not had several wins, we have only been done over a couple of times and mostly loosing by the odd goal.

I would not be holly offended if it was the same starting team again.

As for the red card - did nae see it but what I was told and was not mentioned is the Love went to pick ball up only to be pushed head first into hoardings and then it all went a bit nuts. Either way it is a clear red for a nut from a nut. 

Folk also mention a challenge from Lynas in the first half on Marshall - from where I was it was Marshal who went over the ball  but came off worst. Either I applaud the players efforts and ignore the half wits.

Next week.

Gutted to come away with nothing again when I think we were worthy of a point. Lady Luck just isn't shining on us at the moment.

Must say I was surprised to see Orsi and in particular Graham dropped, but in hindsight I think it benefitted us to freshen the team up. Watt and Isaac did well enough. Isaac on another day could've had a hat trick - as mentioned earlier he is getting into the right positions, just needs to work on his finishing. That said he couldn't have done much more with a couple of his efforts which produced excellent saves from Martin.

We are earning plenty of plaudits from opposition fans for the way we are performing, unfortunately it doesn't make the league table any prettier to look at.

Have to say I was expecting us to get our first win out of the last two games at home so to come out of it with two defeats and no goals is disappointing. We're not far away though, it'll come.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not yet but it will be in a day or two. I have the footage of the fracas though. Both clubs had it before we even reached Dundee on the return journey.

If there is even the littlest hint of controversy it will probably not make the final edited version then . 

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not yet but it will be in a day or two. I have the footage of the fracas though. Both clubs had it before we even reached Dundee on the return journey.

So do you think Queens will appeal the sending off ?.

On 22/10/2017 at 10:43, Best Team in Angus said:

Based on yesterday I thought you looked a pretty average team and would have thought the payoffs were a bit out of your reach, but maybe yesterday was just a poor day at the office for QOS

Pretty average seems about right. Reckon statistics would say we need to be above average to make the playoffs...

Archived