Battle of the Brechin and Border Bumpkins

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thought it was a terrific game to be honest and deserved a lot more than one goal. I thought we deserved to win it over the piece but I'm sure the Brechin guys would say they deserved at least a point. The pace of the game first half in particular was frightening. Thought Brechin maybe ran out of legs a bit in the second half but were still in it right to the end.

Layne could have had a couple with Martin producing one good save and the other placed wide. Marshall also got an early header from someone else (Crighton?) off the line. However, at the other end Dobbie should have played Murray in for a tap in, there was one first half incident where about three different Brechin player made goal saving blocks with their bodies, Fordyce hit the bar, and he also scored albeit a handball was given that I didn't spot but nobody seemed to be complaining about. And then there was that save from Dykes which was absolutely world class from Smith!  And that was just the first half!!

Second half had less goalmouth action but Kerr scored, Martin produced an excellent save from Layne's header, Smith another excellent half block from Dobbie's shot when clean in on goal, Lyle had a succession of headers miss target and right at the end a Brechin header flashed across the face of goal.

And as if all that wasn't enough entertainment we added an injury time 22 player stramash over not very much which saw Love and Kerr red carded.  There was little in it and yellow cards or just a good talking to would have been fine but the referee certainly wasn't helped by both teams turning it into something more than it needed to be.

A good day's entertainment though and an important three points, tempered by the problem of potentially losing Marshall (and Kerr possibly) for a lengthy period.

These pictures suggest at least one of the red cards was absolutely spot on.

211017%2028%20a%20head%20from%20love.jpg

211017%2030%20a%20knee%20from%20love.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wee bit unlucky today i thought . Made a decent start and on another day would have scored. Orsi (i think ) also had ball in net second half and the whole team put in another hard working shift. We knew it wasnt going to be easy in this league and you have to put to bed any chances that come our way.  I am still living the dream this season and am far from downbeat about things  ( with or without the City Clubs help ) . I've always been a realist in this that staying up will be difficult but i'm going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. The comments on here about the Morton game .....i agree we had nothing up front against Morton  but take from it the way we defended . We were very  good against the Morton and it took a scrappy goal to undo us. Like i said at the start of the season it could be a long time in coming round again if we do go down so always look for a positive and stop the greeting . If games lasted 80 mins we'd be mid table . Message to any players thinking about getting themselves sent off for "scrapping " . If you're going to do it for f**ks sake stand and exchange real punches like proper mannies.  Now Mcgeever  and Jacko will have to share the pear drops out with Love in the stand and we all know that 3 sharing one bag of pear drops is only going to end in tears. 

19 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I understand the Morton game was woeful but I have witnessed quite a few games this season where we had a right go , the last one being the St Mirren game.  We were anything but  negative that day. 

There is hope. Opposing supporters have witnessed it too.  All we need is a bit more luck with final balls and of course someone who is prepared to shoot at any opportunity...............and most of all a referee not afraid to favour the " smaller "  team . 

Who is the major sponsor we lost due to the City Club opening BTW ? 

It was not called the city club at the time ask your mate Ken he will steer you in the right direction

16 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Used to look forward to match day but not this season with Dodds negative tactics.More supporters getting pissed off now when will the committee wake up and smell the coffee.Also a poor show if fans would rather be in the mafia led City Club than support the team.

Don't hang you hat on me as one of the fans that is pissed off with committee I am only unhappy with some of the tactics overall think the club are doing OK in what is very difficult league. I thought yesterday was much much better and we were very unlucky not to get at least a draw out of this one. Great performances from young Conner, Fusco and the stand out for me being Liam Watt and you cannot fault the effort of the whole team ( almost all ) but the  lack of a goal scorer is hurting us and I am afraid Issac is not the answer, he was the only negative for me yesterday and not just for his bad miss but for his overall performance if you are not going to put in the effort you have to be special but I am afraid in my opinion special he is not.

Did I witness one of our " level headed supporters" in complete meltdown with the ref :thumsup2

6 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

These pictures suggest at least one of the red cards was absolutely spot on.

211017%2028%20a%20head%20from%20love.jpg

211017%2030%20a%20knee%20from%20love.jpg

Any chance Queens might appeal the red card for Kerr?  From those pictures it looks like Kerr is defending himself unless there was afters?

Any chance Queens might appeal the red card for Kerr?  From those pictures it looks like Kerr is defending himself unless there was afters?

Once he pays for repairs to City's dressing room door he may get off with a yellow [emoji48]. Ally Loves a neep and not good enough for this level .

I m in a minority who thought Isaac looked busier yesterday .Unlucky we his first shot that keeper did well too save at his post .
As for his miss it's hardly a Van Vossen is it? If he s playing regular and more confident he d ve done better ( saying that he deserved to be benched for his efforts so far this season ) and his header produced a wonder save . When Isaac and Connor went off I felt we fell out of it a tad .. But no to be fair I felt Isaac looked better yesterday .
Ally Love comes on and run s about like a heedless chicken at times and criticises his team mates a lot I ve noticed .He's not the worst player I ve seen don t get me wrong .
PS His strike against Aberdeen in preseason Goal of the season for me [emoji106]

6 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

I m in a minority who thought Isaac looked busier yesterday .Unlucky we his first shot that keeper did well too save at his post .
As for his miss it's hardly a Van Vossen is it? If he s playing regular and more confident he d ve done better ( saying that he deserved to be benched for his efforts so far this season ) and his header produced a wonder save . When Isaac and Connor went off I felt we fell out of it a tad .. But no to be fair I felt Isaac looked better yesterday .
Ally Love comes on and run s about like a heedless chicken at times and criticises his team mates a lot I ve noticed .He's not the worst player I ve seen don t get me wrong .
PS His strike against Aberdeen in preseason Goal of the season for me emoji106.png

Are you an SNP councillor:P these are two simple enough questions  Is Issac better than him ? and good enough for this level ?

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Looks like Love was giving it the full Glesga package  and should rightly be punished by club and the authorities.  As for Kerr, he played his part initially by phyisically stopping Love getting the ball for the throw when we were pushing for the equaliser.  There was a bit of afters from Kerr but understandable after being Malkied .   A red was possibly justified for retaliation as per the rule book. 

22 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Na I think you ll find last week's tactics were poor . No one had a bad game but we were never going to score against poorest team we ve faced yet .
We re all upbeat course we are .But last week in the pub after s the first time I ve heard folk starting to get down about game plan. We ll all know why it s that way but we have to attack mate . Remember folk are still paying money to be entertained.
I m no Alex Ferguson but I know if we don't attack we re relegated.

Last week was obviously a one off as we were back to competing well again yesterday. A bit more luck and we would have won that .  Most weeks we do attack and entertain. The effort was certainly appreciated by those who stayed behind to applaud the players off the pitch. 

The wins are not far away. 

19 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Looks like Love was giving it the full Glesga package  and should rightly be punished by club and the authorities.  As for Kerr, he played his part initially by phyisically stopping Love getting the ball for the throw when we were pushing for the equaliser.  There was a bit of afters from Kerr but understandable after being Malkied .   A red was possibly justified for retaliation as per the rule book. 

He doesnt really do anything other than push Love away with hands to the chest. Dont think its remotely a sending off.

Last week was obviously a one off as we were back to competing well again yesterday. A bit more luck and we would have won that .  Most weeks we do attack and entertain. The effort was certainly appreciated by those who stayed behind to applaud the players off the pitch. 
The wins are not far away. 

Yesterday was 100% improvement. And I felt freshening things up helped .Some guys were grumbling about their favourites being dropped or rested but guys coming in definitely are nt weakening team. All good

Qos a poor team so it doesn’t take much...

...We will get a win as this league is full of not so good teams.

Well if you can't beat a "poor team" like us at home who will you beat?

Other than what looked like a fantastic save by Martin you would certainly have scored today.

You're surely mistaken? Martin doesn't make saves remember, the big flop...

As for Kerr, he played his part initially by phyisically stopping Love getting the ball for the throw when we were pushing for the equaliser.  There was a bit of afters from Kerr but understandable after being Malkied .   A red was possibly justified for retaliation as per the rule book. 

I'm not sure blocking a player from getting the ball is even a yellow. I can't ever recall seeing a goalkeeper receiving one after a penalty certainly. I'd have to see the video footage but looking at those photos there is only one aggressor there. I'd be disappointed if we don't appeal the decision going by those photos.

29 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Very important three points, would say next week is as important if we want play offs. Hopefully aren't as serious as first thought

Based on yesterday I thought you looked a pretty average team and would have thought the payoffs were a bit out of your reach, but maybe yesterday was just a poor day at the office for QOS

Archived