Battle of the Brechin and Border Bumpkins

33 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Nithsdale Wanderer is a complete roaster, and clearly trolling with his schtick about Naysmith having issues with Lyle.

Why is it I have to break everything down so as people get the point.

To repeat, there is no justification to leave Lyle out on performance related issues.

Therefore, there must be another reason.

I am not saying the Manager has any issue with Lyle but simply asking the question why he leaves him out.

It must be injury or something more mysterious, wouldn't you say ?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Dobbie drought continues. Our defenders can’t be far off outscoring our strikers now.

Last season set pieces were our weakness, they are our saviour this time round.

We'll be missing our biggest goal scoring threat for 2 games now after that late red card!! ☹️

just seen there's two red cards at the end of the game anyone who's there wanna shed some light on what happened

Bit of a disagreement over who's throw in it was I think. Kerr with a half arsed case of sticking the heed in, with Love reacting, resulting in some serious pushing and shoving. Totally out of the blue considering there wasn't even a yellow throughout the rest of the game.

Disappointed not to get anything from that. We arguably had the best chances, yet squandered most of them (great save from Martin in one of them), Layne's first half miss being the most notable. On the plus side, I'd be very surprised to play all these teams again and not get at least one win. Just a matter of time until our luck changes...

Well played today lads .On another day might ve scored a few .Good to see team freshened up. A decent game I thought Queens have some talent in their team .. I felt Isaac looked up for it and certainly not his worst outing in a red shirt. Great header matched by tremendous save as for 1 on 1 if s been playing regulary he probably scores.
Two reds at end were justified. Think about lot of folk going off Ally Love now . One player who's not Championship standard .A lot of good performance s today with Connor and Watty really doing well

36 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Bit of a disagreement over who's throw in it was I think. Kerr with a half arsed case of sticking the heed in, with Love reacting, resulting in some serious pushing and shoving. Totally out of the blue considering there wasn't even a yellow throughout the rest of the game.

Other way about. The only head involved was Love's. Kerr, who had just kicked the ball away to be fair, reacts by shoving him away, two hands to the chest. Both teams then inflame the situation by making it a stramash needlessly. Kerr gets himself away from it. Two yellows would have done for me.

Well that was a struggle.

I thought the 2 red cards were both justified and indeed Brownlie could easily have had one first half for a hand/arm in the face of a Brechin player which the ref didn`t see. 

Both sides had some chances and in all honesty I wouldn`t have begrudged Brechin a point.

It`s pretty telling that we ended up playing 451 ( or maybe 4-1-4-1)and getting deeper and deeper at 1-0 albeit Dobbie should have scored when clean through.  Our lack of someone in midfield who can control a game really stood out towards the end. 

Fine save from Martin in the 2nd half- couple of comments round us that it was his first save of the season :lol:

Anyway, 3 welcome points. not easy on the eye though.

Archived