Dirty Rovers v The Resurgent QP

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dirty Rovers :) The Alligator Park :lol:  The only way this could be topped is by discovering that Shawheadrover is one of the Fishwife's sons............. "C'mon Gerry (Colgan), you're not playing rugby now!":thumsup2

Oh dear Shawhead Rover has never heard of the concept of keeping your powder dry.

I have a grudging admiration for the Spiders of late. The have produced some cracking played over the last 10 years or so. It’s no coincidence that Rovers’ recent achievements from the Paul Martin era onwards  has had no small thanks to a host of ex-QP players- PM even managed to get a shift out of Danny Ferry FFS.

Our Home form has not been great but as Aloysius has pointed to I think we will be looking to carry on the form against Raith- but.....would take nothing for granted from this Rovers team.

First time this season queens have actually looked solid at the back, no nonsense defending and we looked fairly decent on the attack. Playing Orr with Donnelly in behind was a brilliant idea and by far and away that was Donnellys best performance. Very good at linking up play and didn't need to chase down the defenders. Pleased for Orr scoring. He has his limitations but hes a physical player and if he keeps getting the type of service he was getting today, i can see him scoring a few more. 

Excellent result. I liked the look of the line up before the first ball was kicked. The removal of Burns gave more balance and mobility to the midfield and flanks. Galt was a bit unlucky but he has not shone in recent games. We were technically superior and the defence looked more like a QP defence. Donnelly playing in his correct position made all the difference to the coherence of the attack. He had a belter. Please Gus, take note and no changes unless enforced.

From a Rovers perspective: very disappointing. I've only managed to a couple of matches this season and have missed all the positives. Defensive shambles, midfield ineffective, attack impotent. I didn't understand why Vitoria was withdrawn and Higgins remained. We're chasing the game and we substitute a centre half for a centre half, with no apparent injury. And, with reluctance, I just don't think the boy Lightbody is up to it. The only player with pass marks from me would be McLaughlin.

Archived