UEFA solidarity payment

Guest Flash

I seem to remember reading before that there's some sort of ruling that it has to be used on youth development. So whilst it's a nice windfall, it's not exactly going to help Hamilton pay the bills, for example.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I seem to remember reading before that there's some sort of ruling that it has to be used on youth development. So whilst it's a nice windfall, it's not exactly going to help Hamilton pay the bills, for example.

There's nothing stopping clubs moving their existing youth funding to other projects.

17 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Hamilton will be able to use this money to pay their youth players' and staff's wages, and then use the money which they were going to use for that to pay the first team etc.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Hamilton will be able to use this money to pay their youth players' and staff's wages, and then use the money which they were going to use for that to pay the first team etc.

Except they won't, because they haven't got any money now.

6 hours ago, Crusader Knight said:

I thought that solidarity payments were only paid to teams who competed in Europe -

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/02/41/82/71/2418271_DOWNLOAD.pdf

No? 

Think there are two types of solidarity payment - one to the teams who played in Europe and one to the national leagues of teams who get to Champions League group stage.

I guess it must be a UEFA ruling because it wouldn’t make sense for the SPFL to be able to allocate a general receipt to only some of their members. 

19 minutes ago, Flash said:

Think there are two types of solidarity payment - one to the teams who played in Europe and one to the national leagues of teams who get to Champions League group stage.

I guess it must be a UEFA ruling because it wouldn’t make sense for the SPFL to be able to allocate a general receipt to only some of their members. 

Wouldn't stop them trying

• 1 year later...

Archived