Cowdenbeath v Stirling Albion

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Easy.

A special message to the Cowden fan going mental at a few of us standing in the terrace. Get it right up ye.

At least he turned up. I didn't. Also, he probably didn't have anything to get exvited about on the pitch.

At least he turned up. I didn't. Also, he probably didn't have anything to get exvited about on the pitch.

Tbf every Cowden fan was sound apart from this guy, in all honesty I hope you lot stay up after speaking to a few of your support.

Just home from the game and delighted we managed to bag the 3 points.

We were a totally different side to the one that went out of the cup last Saturday and in all honesty the game was never really in doubt.

Cowdenbeath may not be a good team, they certainly look short of ideas going forward and in the final 3rd, but they were well organised, hard to break down and physical in their approach, so it wasn’t an easy afternoon.

We played well throughout. Binnie and the Back 4 we’re confident and I don’t remember any shakey moments. That may have been more to do with Cowden’s lack of firepower and creativity, but credit where credit is due, the lads did well.

We won the game in Midfiekd and moving forward however and during the 90 minutes we played some really good football. Black & Robertson were bossing the Midfield, really imposed themselves into the game and when Caddis & Morrison got onto the ball, they were making things happen. Morrison once again looked like a player who is playing way below the level he should be and was exceptional. I’ve said it before but I worry when we lose him.

Darren Smith & Peter MacDonald were there usual selves, did really well, holding up the ball and finding space to run into. Both caused problems for the Cowden defence and it really wasn’t a surprise to see both find the net. The disappointment was seeing Peaso score and instantly signal that he needed to come off.

Special shoutout to his replacement however. There have been a few question marks over Neil McLaughlan’s head since he joined the club, but this afternoon he showed what he was really about and worked tireless upfront and, quite frankly, played a blinder.

Everything you would expect Peaso to do, McLaughlin was doing, and he had a little bit more pace and running about him. Throughout the 2nd half, some of the football that was being played, was great to watch and he was playing a big part of that. Is he ready for First Team football, i’m still not sure, but there is no doubt that a few more appearance like this and Dave MacKay will have another selection dilemma on his hands.

All in all an enjoyable afternoon against a ridged Cowdenbeath. I was please with everything I seen, can’t wait to Stenny now.

Well done Binos

21 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Tbf every Cowden fan was sound apart from this guy, in all honesty I hope you lot stay up after speaking to a few of your support.

I'm getting worried for you Jake this Albion being top of the league has affected you being friendly to Cowden:lol:

6 minutes ago, Matty1945 said:

Did cowden even have a shot on target. Not that i can recall

They did have a couple in the second half and if they had scored !! when we were 2-0 up might have made a different game of it but when we scored our 3rd it was all over. 

I'm getting worried for you Jake this Albion being top of the league has affected you being friendly to Cowden:lol:

:lol:

Last season was funny, but genuinely don't want you lot to go down this season, apart from that gimp that had a problem with a few of us standing in the terrace, i wish the worst on him.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Billy Brown trying to outdo  the Alex Smith Stirling Albion team from 1980/81 season.:(

I would not wish that on any team tbh, I still remember those days many years ago and I think Jesus Christ how bad we were back then. 

6 minutes ago, rhliston said:

I would not wish that on any team tbh, I still remember those days many years ago and I think Jesus Christ how bad we were back then. 

I remember the season after that I went to my 1st ever game at Annfield which not surprisingly ended up a 0-0 draw:lol:

Jake, did you not point out to him that when you come through the turnstiles there is a big sign saying ‘Away Support’ pointing to the steps towards the terrace??

Find it quite bizarre that someone would have an issue actually. I’ve been to Cowden countless amounts of times, and this is only the 2nd time I wasn’t on that terrace.

Jake, did you not point out to him that when you come through the turnstiles there is a big sign saying ‘Away Support’ pointing to the steps towards the terrace??

Find it quite bizarre that someone would have an issue actually. I’ve been to Cowden countless amounts of times, and this is only the 2nd time I wasn’t on that terrace.

No, we just gave him it awful when we scored the 3rd and he left.

Just now, JakeSAFC said:

Easy.

A special message to the Cowden fan going mental at a few of us standing in the terrace. Get it right up ye.

there shouldn't ever be any issue between supporters standing near each other on the same terrace, people who watch footy at this level tend not to be dicks

Archived