Cowdenbeath v Stirling Albion

It’s back to League business this Saturday for both teams following both Clubs exit at the hands of lower League opposition in the Scottish Cup.

For the Albion just hope the players respond to what must be an embarrassing defeat at the hands of LHTV. Given our position at the top I hope to come away from Central Park with all three points, that’s on paper anyway but we usually find it difficult their.

Just hope Binnie is back in goals, otherwise if Foden is playing then that’s worth a goal of a start to Cowdenbeath. Also hope our defence puts up a better performance than Saturday, still we can score goals but it’s stopping them at the other end is our problem.

Predication Cowdenbeath 1 Albion 3. [emoji39]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s back to League business this Saturday for both teams following both Clubs exit at the hands of lower League opposition in the Scottish Cup.

For the Albion just hope the players respond to what must be an embarrassing defeat at the hands of LHTV. Given our position at the top I hope to come away from Central Park with all three points, that’s on paper anyway but we usually find it difficult their.

Just hope Binnie is back in goals, otherwise if Foden is playing then that’s worth a goal of a start to Cowdenbeath. Also hope our defence puts up a better performance than Saturday, still we can score goals but it’s stopping them at the other end is our problem.

Predication Cowdenbeath 1 Albion 3. [emoji39]

Thanks for the goal. Even a virtual goal makes me happy.

9 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

If Foden starts then Cowden will win, or at least score.

Would like to think the players want to bounce back after last weekends embarrassment. Morrison's back which is a massive bonus.

:lol: 

Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Stirling Albion.

3 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

You have obviously never seen Foden in action, basically giving you a goal if he starts.

I watched the highlights of you game with Lothian he had a nightmare I would doubt he would start on Saturday after that.

Can anyone give me an insight as to why Stirling odds have risen from 4/5 to 11/10, even Stirling Double Chance (to win or draw) is 1/3! Contemplating a large punt on this but just want to double check to see if I've missed something?!

Appreciate Stirling had a horrendous result on Saturday in the cup but so did Cowdenbeath and having watched the highlights it looked like it should've been 3 or 4 nil.

Stirling have scored at least 2 goals in every league match this season and Cowdenbeath haven't scored a goal from open play in their last 8 matches, surely Stirling are overpriced but I don't understand why the bookies have increased the odds. Any insight as to what I might be missing?

4 hours ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Can anyone give me an insight as to why Stirling odds have risen from 4/5 to 11/10, even Stirling Double Chance (to win or draw) is 1/3! Contemplating a large punt on this but just want to double check to see if I've missed something?!

Appreciate Stirling had a horrendous result on Saturday in the cup but so did Cowdenbeath and having watched the highlights it looked like it should've been 3 or 4 nil.

Stirling have scored at least 2 goals in every league match this season and Cowdenbeath haven't scored a goal from open play in their last 8 matches, surely Stirling are overpriced but I don't understand why the bookies have increased the odds. Any insight as to what I might be missing?

Wouldn't like to try and get into the minds of bookies/punters, but I suspect our defeat last week was much more of a shock than Cowden's defeat in their minds, given that East Kilbride almost won the play off game last season against the Beath and LTHV thrashed us despite being 2 leagues below us. Would say 11/10 is a reasonable reflection.  

Get on it. Albion should be odds on. Cowden should be 10/1 to score.

Cowden have failed to score a goal in their last 8 games, we're averaging 2 a game. We're top of the league, they are bottom. We're much better away from home, they're just shite. This is going one way.

Cowden win.

6 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Cowden have failed to score a goal in their last 8 games, we're averaging 2 a game. We're top of the league, they are bottom. We're much better away from home, they're just shite. This is going one way.

Cowden win.

I agree with your evidence but not your conclusion.

Heading through to the game with my son on Saturday and even he said to me last Saturday "if that Goalkeeper is playing can we head home?" [emoji23]

I have never known a trip to Central Park being an easy place to play football, despite how they have been playing during that time.

Saturday will be no different, it'll be a tough game and despite them being bottom of the league, they still don't concede many goals.

i still fancy our chances and am praying for some kind of bounce from Saturday, but doubt it'll be an easy game like some of the Cowden fans on here are suggesting.

Stirling should win this game of course,  but maybe Cowden will be good enough to take something as the blue defence is good.

I believe the Binos have played better away from home this season though, and have the firepower to score THE goal needed to win this one!

Whatever happens Albion will still be top on Saturday night.  

Archived