Dundee United v Inverness Caley 21/10/17

As I'm sure you all interested and waiting with excitement there is still no baby. Today is actually the due date but apparently only 5% of babies are actually born on their due date. If my unborn son is waiting until the game tomorrow so that I might get the "your wife has gone into labour" announcement over the tannoy then that is very thoughtful of him. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I'm sure you all interested and waiting with excitement there is still no baby. Today is actually the due date but apparently only 5% of babies are actually born on their due date. If my unborn son is waiting until the game tomorrow so that I might get the "your wife has gone into labour" announcement over the tannoy then that is very thoughtful of him. 

It’ll be a strange sight when everyone in the stand uses it as an excuse to leave.

32 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

That announcement during the Hamilton game was my highlight of last season.

4 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I hope your old man's going to be there to offer you a lift if that happens as no c**t else will.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

This must have been one of the last times we played United at Tannadice? What a day...

What a fucking looper. Even at the time it was clear that he'd just thrown his toys everywhere.  Don't remember watching this clip before, but you can see the physio trying desperately  to find something wrong with him, and eventually giving up and accepting that he really had  just had a  complete meltdown. 

Tomorrow will be the first away game I've missed this season. Hoping that the absence from the stands of my  abject pessimism and infectious self-loathing will lead to a dramatic upturn in fortunes and performance level and that we'll canter to a 3-0 win. Doubt it though.  

Grand. Normally just go to Trades in the centre but being driven through today and parking near the ground.

ETA: Is The Ambassador still open? Sure we've been there before but I thought I had read it had closed down.

Grand. Normally just go to Trades in the centre but being driven through today and parking near the ground.

North Ellen Street is good for parking too. Literally 3-5 minutes away from the ground and it's never too busy. Roll up at 2.45 usually and get parked no bother.

Then from there Shotz (big pool place and has big screens) would be my preference. If not there then one of the pubs around the Hilltown.

But there's a fair whack to choose from.

4 J's which is across the road from Shotz, the Troll which is a tiny wee pub around the corner from them both has it, the Barrels, Bowbridge over towards the hilltown then the Clep Bar, Frews and Ambassador which are up on Clepington Road all have it too.

ETA: by it I mean BT Sport

ETA: Is The Ambassador still open? Sure we've been there before but I thought I had read it had closed down.

Aberdeen fans trashed it a while back and it closed down to get fixed up I think but positive it's still open aye.

Archived