WWE 2k18

Killiesquirrel

Couldn't find a thread for this!
Came out officially today - enjoying it to be honest.
Only played the career so far and it's an improvement on last year.
The online stuff looks decent, qualifying for PPVs etc.
Anyone else got it?

There doesn't appear to be much of an improvement graphic wise from 17 from what I've seen. Is that the case?

I'd say the engine does look a lot better.  Certainly the character models do, crowd looks a bit more varied, and the female wrestlers now look less haunted.  Other than that there's not a huge amount of difference.

Spent ages getting the custom character to look and play how I wanted in preparation for going into a career.  Then opened it and found out you have to start with an absolute jobber, with very little customisation options.  Raging.  The free-roam parts are a bit odd - can see what they're trying to do with it, but it's a bit shit at the moment.  Just hobbling around back stage talking to people then eventually finding your way into a match.

I got this last Friday for my son (ha ha) and we have been playing it for a bit. Apart from his obession for playing with AJ Styles its been good so far, although not tried online yet. I have a feeling i'd get beat pretty easily.

I've not bought a WWE game in a few years so to me it seems like an improvement on the last one I played (WWE2k13 IIRC).

The content creators in the Community Creations who set the requirement of having certain unlockable superstars unlocked or certain editions of the game as parameters for you to be able to download their stuff can all get in the fucking sea

On 10/20/2017 at 16:29, Dave1875 said:

The content creators in the Community Creations who set the requirement of having certain unlockable superstars unlocked or certain editions of the game as parameters for you to be able to download their stuff can all get in the fucking sea

Is it the creators themselves though?  Looked to me like they were using items that were locked, rather than setting it themselves consciously.  Did think it was odd that Pete Dunne required you to have unlocked Stunning Steve Austin right enough.

Is it the creators themselves though?  Looked to me like they were using items that were locked, rather than setting it themselves consciously.  Did think it was odd that Pete Dunne required you to have unlocked Stunning Steve Austin right enough.

Yup. I retract my previous comment. Did notice this when I bought the accelerator and unlocked all legends, belts and arenas (£3.99 over spending hours farming just to unlock a couple legends? Easy choice) and all the created content bar the ones with stuff from the Cena edition were downloadable. Would rather spend all my VC on myPro since it seems to be the thing this year

Archived