Heart of Midlothian vs Saint Johnstone 2017-10-21

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say we're feeling overly optimistic about this game to be honest, just looking forward to a different day out and one off experience at Murrayfield. 

Though having O'Halloran back is a massive boost so long as he can keep within the lines marked on the pitch and doesn't go all Forrest Gump on us!

They also have such ballers as Brian Easton, Keith Watson and Paul Paton. St Johnstone -2 is bet of the day.
We’re equally shite so 0-0 may be an accurate prediction

See if you're gonna try and make a joke (which are meant to be funny I should add) at least chose a player which isn't an internationalist and one who isn't even at the club any more!

Actually add in the fact Hearts would have loved Easton for about 4 seasons now given the farcical left backs you've had. [emoji23][emoji23]

I'd take a 0-0 to be perfectly honest.

52 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

They know something we don't, given a laddie we booted for being significantly worse than Brad McKay is suddenly good enough to handle the RED HOT FIREPOWER of Isma and Laffs. I'm taking a 0-0 shitfest in this one.

He has played against you lot before, with a bit of success I may add. 

See if you're gonna try and make a joke (which are meant to be funny I should add) at least chose a player which isn't an internationalist and one who isn't even at the club any more!

Actually add in the fact Hearts would have loved Easton for about 4 seasons now given the farcical left backs you've had. [emoji23][emoji23]

I'd take a 0-0 to be perfectly honest.

Ooft! Taken my hand off with that bite widge!
The “he’s an internationalist” does not wash. Half the shysters we signed in January were internationalists and absolutely rotten.
All three players listed are on the St Johnstone website. Maybe you should email them.
At no point would I ever have loved Brian Easton. He’d probably have done a job but you can’t BOOO at someone who just does a job. f**k that.

Ooft! Taken my hand off with that bite widge!
The “he’s an internationalist” does not wash. Half the shysters we signed in January were internationalists and absolutely rotten.
All three players listed are on the St Johnstone website. Maybe you should email them.
At no point would I ever have loved Brian Easton. He’d probably have done a job but you can’t BOOO at someone who just does a job. f**k that.

I'm not being entirely serious, anyone who's been on this site long enough should know that. [emoji23]

The fact I even mentioned Paton is an internationalist should have been the give away. [emoji23][emoji23]

I stand by my Brian Easton comment though, that's the one serious thing in there as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not being entirely serious, anyone who's been on this site long enough should know that. [emoji23]

The fact I even mentioned Paton is an internationalist should have been the give away. [emoji23][emoji23]

I stand by my Brian Easton comment though, that's the one serious thing in there as far as I'm concerned.

Fair. I had no idea which one was the internationalist tbh, looking at the 3 it could be any of them.
I also stand by comment re Easton.

42 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I stand corrected, after seeing he was hooked in a 2-2 bounce game last May. Treat him kindly, for he shall always be the one who slipped through our fingers.

Spoiler

He's shite, m8

And this is Saint Johnstone’s Achilles heel. They may have a Northern Irish superstar but NI and Hearts assistant coach Austin MacPhee will have folders full of analysis on every aspect of his game. Even a footballing legend like Patton will have a weakness and MacPhee will know how to exploit it.

44 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

He was and remains a horrendous footballer, though.  Hopefully the silky young Hearts team can prevail against Tommy Wright's squad of geriatric hammer throwers.

22 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

And this is Saint Johnstone’s Achilles heel. They may have a Northern Irish superstar but NI and Hearts assistant coach Austin MacPhee will have folders full of analysis on every aspect of his game. Even a footballing legend like Patton will have a weakness and MacPhee will know how to exploit it.

Tbf I think everyone can see his weakness is playing football.

We'll just use him to get big laff sent off/crippled.

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Tbf I think everyone can see his weakness is playing football.

We'll just use him to get big laff sent off/crippled.

Could say the same about most of the St Johnstone team. A bunch of talentless thugs and wind-up merchants. 

What’s the appetite around the Saints support for attending this once in a lifetime game at Murrayfield? I’ll be there with a group of mates. My dad (who’s head is screwed on when it comes to football) said there could be 3000 away fans :lol: I about spat my tea out. Think he had got a bit carried away there. That said, how strong is the novelty factor?

What’s the appetite around the Saints support for attending this once in a lifetime game at Murrayfield? I’ll be there with a group of mates. My dad (who’s head is screwed on when it comes to football) said there could be 3000 away fans [emoji38] I about spat my tea out. Think he had got a bit carried away there. That said, how strong is the novelty factor?

I doubt it'll be that high, maybe break 1000 I'd have thought. Biggest non-Tayside crowd I can remember is the ~1400 we took to Pittodrie a few seasons back. Planning to get a ticket at some point this week so I'll ask how many been sold and see if they tell me.

Archived