The Amber Machine v The Junior Leagues

ATLIS

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a job done style of performance from us. Some slack passing in the midfield made up by some terrific defending that helped us keep control of the game.
Boys looked off the pace a little bit. Cadden needs to learn to pass.
Apart from that, Carrick was terrific today as was Mackin in the air. Josh put in the type of shift you would expect but Halkett as usual gets MOTM for me. Won everything in the air, and a couple of great tackles especially in the first half puts him there for me.
Maley fills me with fear so id be hoping we can get another fairly experienced young keeper in in January. The ball boys caught more balls than he did.

Yeah Maley flaps at high balls and his kicking is poor, thankfully he didn't have too much to deal with in the way of saves. Gallagher was fantastic today, swept up anything that got in behind us, and all 3 defenders dealt with all the high balls.

First half we looked like we were really needing this game before we play QoS next Sat, our passing was poor and we didn't look match sharp at all, 2nd half was a lot better but also looked like Glenafton faded after putting in a power of work in the first half. Josh Mullin was superb down the wing and what a ball in for Mackin's 2nd goal. Wee Knox was entertaining when he came on too, some great mazy runs through the Glenafton defence.

Good interview on the OS twitter feed by Hoppy, mentioning Mackin only being 20 and how they're working hard to get his fitness up, he's a good finisher but still needs to do a lot more running off the ball, great week for him though, 5 goals in 2 games this week.

Good Glenafton support, 276? and very vocal, good that their team did them proud

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Carrick was terrific today

Really? He's been shite for a good while now and would actually be fairly happy to see him free up a wage in January.

Big Mackin is staking his claim now and as LF says, working on his fitness. No doubt about it he's a natural finisher but needs to do more off the ball which he's working on. Carrick on the other hand runs around daft doing not much else, he has no first touch and can't hold the ball up as a result. He was being constantly disposed by a Junior team today - as was Longridge. Come January I'd hope be punt both of them and try get someone in on that wage as they're slacking.

Said today about Mackin, he does nothing but score goals. Literally nothing but still manages to have a huge impact :D Shades of White about him

I'd rather see Knox up front over Carrick as he offers more, Knox will take someone on and has a cracking first touch. Has got a good eye for a pass as well, and in that respect I'd also rather Cadden up front over Carrick.

38 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

How many fans did glenafton take up .more than livi ?

BBC have total attendance at 48,892 and there was about 200 or so Glens' fans. Half of Livi roaring out in attendance

Really? He's been shite for a good while now and would actually be fairly happy to see him free up a wage in January.

Big Mackin is staking his claim now and as LF says, working on his fitness. No doubt about it he's a natural finisher but needs to do more off the ball which he's working on. Carrick on the other hand runs around daft doing not much else, he has no first touch and can't hold the ball up as a result. He was being constantly disposed by a Junior team today - as was Longridge. Come January I'd hope be punt both of them and try get someone in on that wage as they're slacking.

Said today about Mackin, he does nothing but score goals. Literally nothing but still manages to have a huge impact [emoji3] Shades of White about him

I'd rather see Knox up front over Carrick as he offers more, Knox will take someone on and has a cracking first touch. Has got a good eye for a pass as well, and in that respect I'd also rather Cadden up front over Carrick.

Yes I thought he was excellent. Great energy and unlucky to be called offside for his goal.
His run and touch to Mullin for the second goal was brilliant as well. Unlucky not to get a header in the first half too.

I think Glenafton deserve a lot of credit for keeping taking the game to us rather than playing eleven men behind the ball.

Yes; we did end up playing a number of fringe player but we never had less than seven first team starters on the field.

Two Glenafton players who caught the eye were obviously their goalkeeper who rarely seemed to put a foot wrong the entire game and the number eleven who seemed to sprint everywhere; incredible drive and stamina particularly when you think he's probably only able to dedicate a fraction of his week to fitness training. 

2 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Mackin contributes nothing and doesn't work hard enough.

Does nothing, scores goals. Once Hoppy gets his fitness to where he needs to be then I suspect he'll be a big player for us

3 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Mackin contributes nothing and doesn't work hard enough.

I'd quite happily continue to watch him do nothing but score at the rate he is. Hoppy has said that fitness is something they're working on with him and so far his goals have been invaluable for us. At the start of the season there was a lot of chat about us lacking an out and out goalscorer with Buchanan leaving...Mackin might just be that goal machine we need in this league

7 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Mackin contributes nothing off the ball and doesn't work hard enough.

FTFY

Two well taken goals, but there are some teams we'll play where Mackin would be a passenger and contribute to us dropping points, sometimes scoring goals isn't enough.  I'd have Mullen over Mackin every day of the week.

Archived