The Amber Machine v The Junior Leagues

ATLIS

22 hours ago, LiviLion said:

If clubs can't agree on a price then usual league prices for the hosts apply. The fact it's  £20 instead of £18 for me shows Livingston wanted the high price, which is disappointing. Would be happy to be proved wrong though.

It's the Glenafton fans I feel most sorry for, used to seeing their team for a bit under a tenner and now 2 adults and a concession will see them £50 out of pocket before they've parked the car, had something to eat etc.. Livi fans are used to these prices every week but would have been nice to have a lower price and a bigger crowd. You just have to look at the Facebook/Twitter posts to see how many fans and neutrals were planning on heading to this and now aren't. 

Twitter and FB are full of fannies that like to moan about everything, not like football forums at all. :whistle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll line up something like this.

Alexander

Gallagher                Halkett                  Lithgow

Mullin           Byrne           Pittman           Jacobs                  Cadden/Knox

Mullen              Mackin

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think we'll line up something like this.

Alexander

Gallagher                Halkett                  Lithgow

Mullin           Byrne           Pittman           Jacobs                  Cadden/Knox

Mullen              Mackin

Maley
         Gallagher                                    Halkett                            Lithgow

Mullin                          Pittman           Byrne          Penrice                      Knox      

Mackin             Mullen

Could see us use Rafa up top instead of Mackin tbh, maybe Brown is fit now too?

Just now, ATLIS said:

Maley
         Gallagher                                    Halkett                            Lithgow

Mullin                          Pittman           Byrne          Penrice                      Knox      

Mackin             Mullen

Could see us use Rafa up top instead of Mackin tbh, maybe Brown is fit now too?

Don't think Penrice will play, if he's going back to Thistle in Jan they wont want him cup tied.

Maley hasn't played in any other cup games this season so didn't think he'd play in the biggest one, lower opposition than prev games right enough but it is still the Scottish cup and we'll be taking it seriously. Seen him in an article saying he was prepared for this game if needed but have my doubts he'll start.

46 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

£20 to get in is disgusting! Boycott the match and protest outside before, during and after the game will make the powers that be take notice, sadly this will never happen and as long as there's plenty people paying this ridiculous price it will only get worse.

They changed it to £18 #FanPower

Still shocking pricing tho.

2 hours ago, east fife for life said:

£20 to get in is disgusting! Boycott the match and protest outside before, during and after the game will make the powers that be take notice, sadly this will never happen and as long as there's plenty people paying this ridiculous price it will only get worse.

It's £18 now, great price for the privilege of watching the Amber Machine.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:38, Durnford said:

Irrespective of what I think of the pricing of the game etc. it does seem disrespectful to Glenafton supporters to not turn up for the game on the basis of the cost and the fact that they aren't perceived as a "glamour tie".

Several Glenafton fans have quoted this as the biggest game in their history so I feel we should, at least, turn up and give them some well deserved banter. Hopefully result aside they will fondly remember their visit to the Vale and we will do our best to offer a proper welcome.

We make a big thing about the importance of supporting our local side and not being drawn, like unfortunately so many other blinkered individuals, to the gruesome twosome. These guys are supporting their local side and I for one applaud their dedication (even if we are going to wipe the floor with them on Saturday) :thumsup2

Your are quite correct about the price of entry to this game it probably wont make any difference to the Glenafton support on the day and will only mean your catering will not be as busy as it could have been. The whole village is buzzing for this game with at least three buses traveling plus cars and apart from our Scottish Junior Cup wins and appearances  this is one of the biggest games in the History of Glenafton, and if we can make an effort to support our team surely those that are more used to paying these prices  can turn up to support their team and give us a day to remember no matter what.

1 hour ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Your are quite correct about the price of entry to this game it probably wont make any difference to the Glenafton support on the day and will only mean your catering will not be as busy as it could have been. The whole village is buzzing for this game with at least three buses traveling plus cars and apart from our Scottish Junior Cup wins and appearances  this is one of the biggest games in the History of Glenafton, and if we can make an effort to support our team surely those that are more used to paying these prices  can turn up to support their team and give us a day to remember no matter what.

Do you want to advertise to all the local burglers (not so honest men) on a public board that the village is likely to be full of empty homes any time soon?

3 hours ago, mozam76 said:

I know its not a "statement" as such, but the content and general tone of John Wards FB post is worrying.

What worries me more is the total lack or any real marketing or advertising. Others mentioned about games like the Partick one where the entry cost was, I thing £10 or £12 but no-one other than the die-hards knew about it.  Stuff is advertised on the official site but, if you don't visit it, you're not going to know.

Unfortunately the sad fact is that if someone comes in with a cash offer for any of our players we'll have to think very carefully.

36 minutes ago, Durnford said:

What worries me more is the total lack or any real marketing or advertising. Others mentioned about games like the Partick one where the entry cost was, I thing £10 or £12 but no-one other than the die-hards knew about it.  Stuff is advertised on the official site but, if you don't visit it, you're not going to know.

Unfortunately the sad fact is that if someone comes in with a cash offer for any of our players we'll have to think very carefully.

We've already knocked back Sevco's first offer for Knox so we can't be that desperate.

Archived