The Amber Machine v The Junior Leagues

ATLIS

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that much of a hike for Livi fans but feel it should've been a bit lower considering what Glenafton fans will be used to paying. The club have been pretty good at pricing our games the last 2 seasons too, we were lower than Airdrie and Alloa last season and are lower than Dumbarton this season so i'm not going to be throwing a hissy fit about it, feel more sympathetic to Glenafton.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

As you say you would be better off with a hospitality package for the Meadowbank suite:lol:

Is £20 your normal league price?

£18-£20 are our gate prices this season, same as all the other teams we'll be charging the likes of Utd the higher price. I think we're one of the lowest Championship gate price, I know Dumbarton are £20-£22 , and Morton and St Mirren have been higher than us too. Looks like Glenafton didn't agree to whatever it was we were wanting to charge and it went to whatever we usually charge for our gate, the higher end right enough but don't know how it works when there is 2 different prices depending on what teams we're playing.

This has obviously been agreed between the two clubs, somehow - if they couldn't, the rules state the prices revert to the normal league prices of the host club. That's not much, given it's usually £18.

A fucking stupid decision, and even if the prices are altered, not sure I'll bother. This really does require some clarification, otherwise the goodwill that John Ward and co. have built up amongst supporters in the past year or so will evaporate pretty quickly.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

£18-£20 are our gate prices this season, same as all the other teams we'll be charging the likes of Utd the higher price. I think we're one of the lowest Championship gate price, I know Dumbarton are £20-£22 , and Morton and St Mirren have been higher than us too. Looks like Glenafton didn't agree to whatever it was we were wanting to charge and it went to whatever we usually charge for our gate, the higher end right enough but don't know how it works when there is 2 different prices depending on what teams we're playing.

Are you sure the Dundee United game was £20; the official site advertised £18?

14 minutes ago, Afro said:

This has obviously been agreed between the two clubs, somehow - if they couldn't, the rules state the prices revert to the normal league prices of the host club. That's not much, given it's usually £18.

A fucking stupid decision, and even if the prices are altered, not sure I'll bother. This really does require some clarification, otherwise the goodwill that John Ward and co. have built up amongst supporters in the past year or so will evaporate pretty quickly.

It is agreed between the two clubs taking part. We had a similar situation at the beginning of the season when playing Partick (and I believe Sunderland in the friendly) where we wanted to lower admission prices to encourage a bumper crowd but were restricted in doing so.

Visiting sides have travel and accommodation costs to recover so its understandable but I do feel that a lower gate price could have encouraged far more to attend.

6 hours ago, Durnford said:

It is agreed between the two clubs taking part. We had a similar situation at the beginning of the season when playing Partick (and I believe Sunderland in the friendly) where we wanted to lower admission prices to encourage a bumper crowd but were restricted in doing so.

Visiting sides have travel and accommodation costs to recover so its understandable but I do feel that a lower gate price could have encouraged far more to attend.

If clubs can't agree on a price then usual league prices for the hosts apply. The fact it's  £20 instead of £18 for me shows Livingston wanted the high price, which is disappointing. Would be happy to be proved wrong though.

It's the Glenafton fans I feel most sorry for, used to seeing their team for a bit under a tenner and now 2 adults and a concession will see them £50 out of pocket before they've parked the car, had something to eat etc.. Livi fans are used to these prices every week but would have been nice to have a lower price and a bigger crowd. You just have to look at the Facebook/Twitter posts to see how many fans and neutrals were planning on heading to this and now aren't. 

Glenafton are well within their rights to try and maximise any money they make out of this tie; however, those running the show at Livi should be recognising that this was an opportunity to encourage people along at a lower price than normal league games, against new opposition where, with respect, we are heavy favourites to win. As I said in my first post, the prices had to be agreed; if they couldn't, then normal league game prices would've kicked in. IIRC for one of the friendlies, Livi clarified the price was due to both clubs having to agree them, and most folk were on board with it thereafter.

It seems to me that someone, on one of the sides at least, has seriously overestimated the interest in this game. The crowd will take a hammering on Saturday, of that I'm sure. I would defy anyone to defend this pricing - there's no way we should be charging more for a cup tie against a Junior team than a normal league match.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

If clubs can't agree on a price then usual league prices for the hosts apply. The fact it's  £20 instead of £18 for me shows Livingston wanted the high price, which is disappointing. Would be happy to be proved wrong though.

It's the Glenafton fans I feel most sorry for, used to seeing their team for a bit under a tenner and now 2 adults and a concession will see them £50 out of pocket before they've parked the car, had something to eat etc.. Livi fans are used to these prices every week but would have been nice to have a lower price and a bigger crowd. You just have to look at the Facebook/Twitter posts to see how many fans and neutrals were planning on heading to this and now aren't. 

That's the bit I don't get, other than that i'm not too fussed about the price. I would've liked it to have been as low as we could've had it to try and be a bit more price friendly to Glenafton fans, I know how I felt when Hibs were screwing us with their gate prices, but for Livi fans it isn't that much of an increase on what we pay for League games, and we'll get charged more than £20 for some away games in the Championship this season. As it stands though Livi have left themselves open to a backlash with this price, whether it is all their fault or not. 

A  piss take of a price at this stage in the competition certainly, but they'll know it's a game the Glens fans won't want to miss so it won't have a massive effect on their numbers.  Glens should just appreciate a lot of it will see it's way back to the coffers of their club and enjoy the day. 

Irrespective of what I think of the pricing of the game etc. it does seem disrespectful to Glenafton supporters to not turn up for the game on the basis of the cost and the fact that they aren't perceived as a "glamour tie".

Several Glenafton fans have quoted this as the biggest game in their history so I feel we should, at least, turn up and give them some well deserved banter. Hopefully result aside they will fondly remember their visit to the Vale and we will do our best to offer a proper welcome.

We make a big thing about the importance of supporting our local side and not being drawn, like unfortunately so many other blinkered individuals, to the gruesome twosome. These guys are supporting their local side and I for one applaud their dedication (even if we are going to wipe the floor with them on Saturday) :thumsup2

Just now, Durnford said:

Irrespective of what I think of the pricing of the game etc. it does seem disrespectful to Glenafton supporters to not turn up for the game on the basis of the cost and the fact that they aren't perceived as a "glamour tie".

Several Glenafton fans have quoted this as the biggest game in their history so I feel we should, at least, turn up and give them some well deserved banter. Hopefully result aside they will fondly remember their visit to the Vale and we will do our best to offer a proper welcome.

We make a big thing about the importance of supporting our local side and not being drawn, like unfortunately so many other blinkered individuals, to the gruesome twosome. These guys are supporting their local side and I for one applaud their dedication (even if we are going to wipe the floor with them on Saturday) :thumsup2

Aye LiviLion has already done that on the junior thread.:lol:

Archived