Newcastle Up For Sale

I'm sure I'm not the only one on Tyneside to be disillusioned by the Ashley Era and Sports Direct Dynasty. Would take a lot to get me back to St James'. The fans are great but the club has sold it's soul. Investment from the middle or far east will only see the Mags becoming even more of a capitalist's wet dream. Unless there is wholesale change, my turnstile cash will be going to the many Geordie non-league teams where I know it's going to be reinvested in the local community rather than put on the first ship heading down the Tyne to a Caribbean tax haven. 

13 hours ago, TartanTyneArmy said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one on Tyneside to be disillusioned by the Ashley Era and Sports Direct Dynasty. Would take a lot to get me back to St James'. The fans are great but the club has sold it's soul. Investment from the middle or far east will only see the Mags becoming even more of a capitalist's wet dream. Unless there is wholesale change, my turnstile cash will be going to the many Geordie non-league teams where I know it's going to be reinvested in the local community rather than put on the first ship heading down the Tyne to a Caribbean tax haven. 

Yes I'm sure Newcastle won't turn it round until they're run like a junior team.

19 hours ago, gannonball said:

Can see them being a very attractive proposition for foreign investment looking to challenge the top end,they also don't need to find plastic fans like Man City or Chelsea had to.

I agree, NUFC does look an attractive investment for some mega rich investor. For the size of the club they've achieved next to f#*k all over the years but (sorry for the cliché) the potential is there with a strong fan base and big stadium.

14 minutes ago, Northboy said:

I agree, NUFC does look an attractive investment for some mega rich investor. For the size of the club they've achieved next to f#*k all over the years but (sorry for the cliché) the potential is there with a strong fan base and big stadium.

Yes, it has huge potential, especially as it is the only league club in area (including suburbs etc) with a population of around a million. There is scope to expand the stadium further.  Ashley will make a big profit but he could, assuming he does sell, have made a lot more with the right investment.

On 17/10/2017 at 14:40, Bishop Briggs said:

Yes, it has huge potential, especially as it is the only league club in area (including suburbs etc) with a population of around a million. There is scope to expand the stadium further.  Ashley will make a big profit but he could, assuming he does sell, have made a lot more with the right investment.

Think you've probably included places like South Shields and Boldon in that figure, where the slight majority of people support Sunderland, but it doesn't take away from the potential. It's a region absolutely mad for football if someone managed to actually get it 'right'. Only thing is, as killiepiemuncher has already mentioned, players are very reluctant to move to that area. Too far away from London. Pathetic.

3 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Think you've probably included places like South Shields and Boldon in that figure, where the slight majority of people support Sunderland, but it doesn't take away from the potential. It's a region absolutely mad for football if someone managed to actually get it 'right'. Only thing is, as killiepiemuncher has already mentioned, players are very reluctant to move to that area. Too far away from London. Pathetic.

British Airways operate regular flights from Newcastle to Heathrow (75 minutes) so that should not be a problem. The top players use private jets anyway.

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

If you pay it they will come.

Yes. Money can be a big attraction. 

Archived