Arbroath vs Airdrieonians

12 hours ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

Just watching the highlights again, who was number 6 for Airdrie? He was in an absolute rage for the whole match, it's hilarious.

Yes it is Dean Cairns, an under 20 of the full time plan brought in along with other under 20s, by our departed Chairman, Mr Wotherspoon,( along with his financial commitment to that 3 year plan). He is really a central defender but gives his all wherever he plays, and given his limited abilities in midfield. We also noticed that he always throws his hands up in the air when something goes wrong( on occasions his own bad pass) but it shows he cares I suppose, unless he always wants to blame others- he did have loads of errors on Saturday from so many others that his arms were worn out by No 7! As for the black diamond it does seem bizarre that we don't wear the white one when there is no colour clash. I think of our team on Saturday (much the same as a better performance against Ayr) we had Goalie(loan) RB( Loan) CB(Loan) CF (loan) all under 20; of the rest only McDonald and Conroy have at least four seasons under their belt. Furtado is in 2nd season/ our number 7 Stewart in third season/CB McIntosh third/ and the other midfielder came from Motherwell under 20, so we are really inexperienced. Just a pity they all made errors on the day.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the highlights there, absolutely no hiding place for about 4 of they goals, couple of well worked goals for Arbroath, and even though individual mistakes gave the guys the opportunities, they still have to finish them off and put in the effort to get into the positions to take advantage so kudos for that.

I defended McCord to the hilt on the Raith thread pre-season and I stick by my backing of him, he is technically one of the most gifted lower league footballers since Darren Smith (Brechin), IMO of course. That finish though....

Watched the highlights there, absolutely no hiding place for about 4 of they goals, couple of well worked goals for Arbroath, and even though individual mistakes gave the guys the opportunities, they still have to finish them off and put in the effort to get into the positions to take advantage so kudos for that.

I defended McCord to the hilt on the Raith thread pre-season and I stick by my backing of him, he is technically one of the most gifted lower league footballers since Darren Smith (Brechin), IMO of course. That finish though....

If you watch the Arbroath version of the highlights you'll see more of the build up and a few more of our good chances. [emoji6]

Should've been 10.

Archived