Pars v Livi

Gallagher should have been on after their second, waiting until half time to make any sort of change absolutely killed the game for us. Hopefully a wee learning curve for Hopkin and one we can learn from.

Agree that the tackle on Penrice should have been a yellow, regardless of whether it was offside or not. You can't crunch someone like that and not have any sort of punishment, would be daft not to.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Cheers.

Agree with Hoppy that it should've been a booking for that tackle on Penrice but you can't give a penalty too, not when it was given offside, Hoppy's getting carried away there lol.

He really should have made a change in the first half to try and get to HT 2-0 down and regroup, it was patently obvious Mullin was being skinned by Aird, think I saw him coming inside at least 4 times, just before he scored he'd had a pop that went over the bar after coming right through us, and even the first goal started when Aird came past Byrne and Mullin to cut inside. McMillan might have stopped the 3rd goal from happening had he been brought on for Josh Mullin after we conceded the 2nd goal,  i'd have brought on Gallagher too instead of waiting till HT, not just saying that in hindsight either, I could see we were being ripped apart right from the first goal when Aird had already ripped Mullin twice.

Done and dusted now anyway and still think Hoppy is doing a great job, we did well in the prev two games with that starting line up with Toddy in defence (Gallagher being suspended for 2 game) but it didn't work against Dunfermline.

Don't think you guys are too far off challenging for the play-offs tbh. Feet are being firmly kept on the ground according to Shaun Byrne - full article will be published later on in the week on my website. Good guy and a player who has the potential to do well in the game if he keeps on improving. 

Archived