Pars v Livi

Was always going to be a tough game this regardless of the Dunfermline fans thoughts before the game. 

I was also surprised to see Todorov playing at the back with Gallagher on the bench, hindsight though eh. 

2 brilliant goals from outside the area and a deflection in the first half had the game won at half time but we gave a good account of ourselves second half, although I got the feeling Dunfermline just downed tools and wanted to see the game out.

Persepctive, we are still 3rd in the league despite today's result, I still want 8th or above. 

On a side note again our fans are absolutely deluded, some of the shouts and abuse they gave out was just ludicrous today, seem to be coming from the "DBM" and when someone confronted them about it he was shouted down with abuse, I have no time for fans like them, we are 3rd in the league, have a word with youselfs, and I'm by no means a happy clapper. 

We move on, Brechin next week, a good chance to bounce back. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said after the first game that they'd be challenging for the play offs and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. When they played football they looked decent and when they didn't they were streetwise enough to pull a shirt, clip a heel or whatever to break up the play. They didn't have an answer to Aird's pace and when we got the ball wide on both sides we looked dangerous. While 3-0 was a bit flattering at half time, we hit the post and forced 2 or 3 decent saves in the second half so 3-1 was probably about right. It had nothing at all to do with my pre-match bet of 3-1 either.

Tbf didn't look anywhere near offside. 

Even post-match, your manager is refusing to accept that the offside comes before the foul. In his audio (available on dafc.co.uk), he is claiming that it should have been a penalty, even though offside was given... Whistle went before the challenge was made. Play had been stopped. Wouldn’t have complained if Morris had been booked, but it couldn’t possibly have been a penalty, as play had already been stopped. That’s not even complicated. He’s not debating the offside, he’s asking why Livingston weren’t given a penalty, after play had been stopped.

Pretty enjoyable match and pretty even although why did Livi not start the guy with the terribly died hair at the back he looked pretty tidy once he came on although Alexander had his poor moments. Aird was great today and I think Higgy should have been hooked he didn't look right after he went up for a challenge with number 4.

First half was awful from us, worst 45 of the season without a shadow of a doubt. Possibly quite naive from Hopkin today sticking with Todorov at the back and having Mullin next to him, certainly Gallagher starting should've been a certainty. First goal was a tough one to take, poor mistake from Longridge but the vast majority of the time, Alexander's kicking that clear of the pair in front of him. Other two goals were fantastic finishes, albeit predictable from our POV; surely after the second it would've been noted by the management that we were getting reamed down that side. In saying that, it was a wonderful save from Murdoch to keep it 1-0 just after the goal. That goes in and it's a different game.

Second half was a far more competent display, correct subs were made and McMillan looked quite handy. Ran out of steam by the time it really counted, I imagine Hopkin was taking issue with the force of the tackle on Penrice (I don't think he was offside btw). What's the procedure on that kind of issue? Could make a case that it's dangerous play given the ball was gone by about 4/5 yards by the time Penrice gets chopped down.

Fair play to Dunfermline, thought they'd be top four at the end of the season and see no reason why they won't be based on that today. If we'd played the whole game as we did in the second half I'd have fancied us to take something. It's a poor result but it's important to bear in mind where we are with this squad. The part timers and day trippers couldn't wait to get laid into the team today, poor form.

Roll on next week.

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Even post-match, your manager is refusing to accept that the offside comes before the foul. In his audio (available on dafc.co.uk), he is claiming that it should have been a penalty, even though offside was given... Whistle went before the challenge was made. Play had been stopped. Wouldn’t have complained if Morris had been booked, but it couldn’t possibly have been a penalty, as play had already been stopped. That’s not even complicated. He’s not debating the offside, he’s asking why Livingston weren’t given a penalty, after play had been stopped.

Yeh seen a qoute, pretty odd, I was more disappointed with the offside call that looked tight to me as it was a certain penalty of there was no flag. 

Anyway well done to Dunfermline, worthy winners, glad we made it respectable second half, could've been a doing if we had a second half similar to the first, although 2 quality goals and a shocker from us was the difference, we never really got carved open. 

We move on, long season, Dunfermline one of the harder places to go in the league. 

Was always going to be a tough game this regardless of the Dunfermline fans thoughts before the game. 
I was also surprised to see Todorov playing at the back with Gallagher on the bench, hindsight though eh. 
2 brilliant goals from outside the area and a deflection in the first half had the game won at half time but we gave a good account of ourselves second half, although I got the feeling Dunfermline just downed tools and wanted to see the game out.
Persepctive, we are still 3rd in the league despite today's result, I still want 8th or above. 
On a side note again our fans are absolutely deluded, some of the shouts and abuse they gave out was just ludicrous today, seem to be coming from the "DBM" and when someone confronted them about it he was shouted down with abuse, I have no time for fans like them, we are 3rd in the league, have a word with youselfs, and I'm by no means a happy clapper. 
We move on, Brechin next week, a good chance to bounce back. 

Andy, I spoke to you a couple of times at the game today and you're a good lad, but wouldn't wanna go about casting blame on other fans and the DBM. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Livi were poor today, poorest performance of the season but we've already proven we're a decent side. Hopefully just a 1 off today.

Thought it was a penalty too but wasn't given that's that.

Hoppy got it wrong today, we needed Toddy up front and defensively we were all over the place for the 2nd and 3rd goals, freak goal for the opener but Aird scored a great individual goal for the 2nd, Higginbotham had far too much time to pick his spot for the 3rd, but again, it was well put away.

Hoppy at least indentified the problem and made changes at HT, we were much better with Todorov up front and Gallagher & McMillan in defence, not Jacko's best day either and Rafa coming on for him gave us a bit of flair up front too. We really needed to get a goal in the fist 10 mins after the break though and Dunfermline were always going to be picking us off on the counter when we were pushing for a goal, fortunately we didn't concede again but scored too late to put any pressure on Dunfermline.

Just have to take it on the chin and get back up for the Brechin game

Well played Dunfermline, comfortable win for you after a great first half. 

Mostly good today but still easy to see how we drop points. Can be lethal going forward but also switch off completely at times and lose stupid goals. Honestly felt we played better in the early part of the second half than we did in the first and felt we were going to add another couple of goals. Then we tried to "see it out", which is obviously not our strength.

Aird was excellent. He scored a fabulous solo goal and provided a good assist for Higgy's 2nd. I thought he was a terrible signing but he'll be a massive addition if he can play like that on a regular basis. Good to see Cardle back but he's got some competition based on today.

As has been mentioned, Morris was imperious today. Absolutely strolled the game; I think his recent call-up has done wonders for his confidence. Weren't any failures for us really but certainly was pretty far off our best, which is definitely a good thing.

Felt Livi ran out of ideas very quickly and resorted to long balls, which got them absolutely nowhere. They had a brief flurry at the end but it was a poor display. As for Hopkin ranting about not getting a penalty when an offside had already been given, ooffttt. Hope he calms down and realises how daft he sounds.

20 points from 10 games is very good going. Will be tough at Caley next week, who seem to have turned the corner a little bit. Draw wouldn't be a disaster but we're more than capable of winning again.

We were very poor today and thoroughly beaten and it all came from a horrible error for the first goal, if we didn't concede that I believe we'd have played a lot better.

From the fans side of things there was a lot of criticism and although it can be over the top and slandering the players doesn't help I don't believe you can't criticise the players because of things like our budgets smaller than theirs. Our team is more than capable of beating them and budget has nothing to do with us playing poorly. So I'm in the middle when it comes to that one.

31 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Andy, I spoke to you a couple of times at the game today and you're a good lad, but wouldn't wanna go about casting blame on other fans and the DBM. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Livi were poor today, poorest performance of the season but we've already proven we're a decent side. Hopefully just a 1 off today.

No blame on any of the fans at all, it wasn't a great performance but as I've said on the forum I think it's incredibly harsh to criticise the team after today, they have had one bad 45 minutes away from home in 2017 and the fans absolutely hounded the team, I think they deserve a wee bit of slack. 

Dunfermline have had 2 shots at goal in the first half and gone 3-0 up, how can anyone legislate for that ? 

As you say everyone is entitled to an opinion I've nothing against that just think what I was hearing today was uncalled for after the start we've made. 

i thought we played well in the first half today second half we were not at the standard as we were in the first half i thought Ashcroft and Morris were fantastic today and i thought Nat was lucky not to get booked he gave away some fouls but i am a happy man with the result today i have seen it from this season from game by game in the first half were on fire and we can score goals for a start so we will take it game by game and hopefully go up to inverness with full of confidence and get a win.COYP

Don't want to moan but the two livvy forwards and most of their team got away with an incredible amount of pushing and fouling at high balls. The ref missed 90% of it despite our players pointing it out.

As I said previously, they were right on the limit of what you see players managing to get away with in this league. They were certainly making their presence felt.

A few of our players will be feeling mild whiplash tomorrow.

Not Nat though, his suffering will have been limited to mild irritation.

Everyone's got their right to voice an opinion, and I was certainly pretty fucked off that we were 3-0 down after 35 minutes. What I'm not really a fan of is all the ultra part-timers who come out the woodwork in these heady times, and start laying in the team as if they're experts on the squad. Probably won't see them for a while yet so that's a saving grace.

Hopkin really mucked that up today. I was not looking forward to this at all, really rate Livingston as a team.  But for whatever reason, he decided to go direct long ball in the first half against us - madness.  He was caught out big style with that nonsense seeing as our two big 6ft+ lumps dealt with everything easily.  It is surely obvious to everyone now that if you go 5 in the middle against Nat and Splaine/Shiels then you get control of the game.  He just bypassed that and played right into our hands.  We were ok today, yet find ourselves 3-0 up at half time.  Game was dead.  Second half bringing on Gallagher and switching to a more composed football style got them more joy - no surprise.

we'll take that as a result. Happy days.

Archived