Pars v Livi

That's true but was always known for being a hot headed guy, always liable to be sent off and fly into tackles. We have that in the middle of the park now in the right way, actually winning the ball

He's been sent off once in the last 3 1/2 seasons. It's not exactly the worst record for a defender.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

That we are being underestimated, I think. Works in our favour.

Pretty much.

Even after we dominated and beat Dundee Utd their manager and players are in denial that we were the better team.  We make every team we play look bad but apparently it was just coincidental that they all keep having off days while playing us, and they are better footballing teams that have got drawn into a battle with us. Looks like Talbot is ready for a battle though so Dunfermline will be ok, he'll deal with us single handedly so they can get on with playing silky football.

47 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So previously Livi fans were upset Pars fans thought Livingston would win, but now they're raging that some now think they won't? What a strange bunch.

For me, it's more a reflection on the attitude of the player and perhaps the wider team rather than the fans (who should be more confident). If it is, it will work in our favour. 

Upset, raging, riled, do you boys write for the tabloids with your exaggerated descriptions. :lol:

Exactly EL, I never mentioned the fans, it was the players and managers comments I referred to. They don't seem to rate Livi and it has come back on them in games, and even after beating them they still come out with the same comments they did pre match. 

As for other teams fans, not really bothered if they rate us or not, but most have been fair post match and only thing I've said on here is I get nervous when fans all say they're going to lose in match threads, from experience it has a habit of going bad for us, all superstition though, like the MoTM award last week being a jinx, we still won after Hoppy got presented with it.

Jason Talbot will always be a fav of mine. Clearly hope he has a stinker today but wish him well otherwise!

btw, I don’t think he was wrong with his comments in that interview re other senior players deciding to move on once he had made the decision to go. I know that Jason was very close with the Jacobs brothers for example and they all stayed with us through thick and thin (lots of thin with the series of shysters we’ve had for owners over the years). I know they all had opportunities to leave sooner and I imagine the closeness of the group kept them together and when one decided to leave it was easier for the others to go too.

Really looking forward to the game today. Will be tough for us to keep our winning run going as Dunfermline have lots of goals in the team. If we have the same work rate as recent weeks then we should take something from the game though.

Bit of revisionism going on regarding Talbot; poster on the previous page is right in what he said, it looked like he was away back down South and eventually wound back up at us after nothing came to fruition for him. Would never begrudge a player a chance to play at a higher level given where we were at the time but it was hardly uninterrupted service to us. :lol:

He was a cracking player for us, susceptible to the odd bout of red mist kicking in but it was the right time for him to go IMO. Signed off with a cup win and a great run of form in the league, maybe could've stayed for a testimonial as he says but he's not a player in the same mould as Keaghan, for example. Not sure Longridge is a better player, tbf.

I wonder if the team was picked before the SFA updated their suspensions page? It a fairly ridiculous that fans know the disciplinary procedures better than the SFA disciplinary committee but it's not the first time they've had totally wrong information up. Surprised McManus is on the bench. It'll be interesting to see if it's Aird or Higginbotham on the left. I'd imagine it'll be Aird but who knows. One thing that's for sure is it'll be 4-4-2. And sorry Livi fans, turns out you are in the Cowdenbeath end and not the Main Stand as I'd assumed.

Archived