Pars v Livi

I want to make clear that I do agree with a lot of the complaints. AJ doesn't have a plan B, we have very poor depth in midfield and can be ropey at the back etc.

These are all problems everyone knew about before the season started though. It's not a sudden development. We'll win a few games and we'll be outplayed in others. We're not great but it's not a great quality league so we still have a very good chance of a top four place.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Their negativity is coming from 1 goal in 3 games and losing & drawing their last 2 league games andy, before that they were flying though so nothing can be taken for granted. All games are tough and if we're not at our best we'll get punished, but if we are playing as we have been then i'm sure we'll get something from the game.

I was disappointed at drawing our first game against them with the way the game panned out, but this is a different game and they're playing at home, so a draw again would be a decent result, as long as we can keep our undefeated run going to keep the players confidence up i'll be happy.

Yeh I understand that but Dumfries isn't an easy place to go, a point is acceptable surely ? They lost to Falkirk in the challenge cup but had a few players out because of injury, suspension and international call ups, and lost to Dundee Utd a team most expect to win the league, it's hardly a disaster. 

Im just not buying all the negativity, this will be a tough tough game for us, we will need to be at our best to get anything. 

55 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Our support is filled with hysterical, fickle, knicker-wetting fannies.

You're welcome.

I think every club has them tbh, we've got our fair share of those kind of fans too, some of the shouts I hear especially at home games can be ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I want to make clear that I do agree with a lot of the complaints. AJ doesn't have a plan B, we have very poor depth in midfield and can be ropey at the back etc.

These are all problems everyone knew about before the season started though. It's not a sudden development. We'll win a few games and we'll be outplayed in others. We're not great but it's not a great quality league so we still have a very good chance of a top four place.

Loads of folk got carried away with the early season form and the Hearts cup win, which was truly bewildering, as many of them were the same folk who got hugely carried away over the pre-season friendly results. It's like they're new to football, but shockingly almost all of them have been fans for years, decades even.

The sensible folk could see that, whilst we've had a great start, it wasn't going to continue like that, and that we'll hit a patch where the form is poor (indeed we're probably in that now). The issues with the team are obvious and are now manifesting themselves, yet we had folk thinking we'd romp the league. I think we'll finish in a playoff place like you say, and to me that would be a very successful season.

Absolutely. I'm not convinced we're *that* much better than last season, where we did well to end up 5th.

3rd/4th this year would be great. We'd have an outside chance at promotion, get one or two bumped crowds into EEP for the play-offs. Of course, 5th or worse would definitely lead to questions about AJ's future but let's not start panicking over one bad result.

52 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I think every club has them tbh, we've got our fair share of those kind of fans too, some of the shouts I hear especially at home games can be ridiculous. 

Tail end of last season, league pretty much already won, 1-0 up and we made a slightly defensive sub and there were shouts of "You're fucking clueless Hopkin" :lol:

Haven't heard them in a while, sure it'll change once we start losing a game.

11 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Tail end of last season, league pretty much already won, 1-0 up and we made a slightly defensive sub and there were shouts of "You're fucking clueless Hopkin" :lol:

Haven't heard them in a while, sure it'll change once we start losing a game.

We've got a c**t up the back of the Norrie who always loses the plot during every single match. Usually calls an opposition player or the ref a peado. Makes wrestling/FIFA jokes to the gormless guffaws of his wankstain mates.

Hope he gets mowed down by the team bus before Saturday' game.

27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We've got a c**t up the back of the Norrie who always loses the plot during every single match. Usually calls an opposition player or the ref a peado. Makes wrestling/FIFA jokes to the gormless guffaws of his wankstain mates.

Hope he gets mowed down by the team bus before Saturday' game.

@Chicken Wing @Stellaboz; this sounds like someone we might know...

On 17/10/2017 at 15:38, Poet of the Macabre said:

Very happy to see Shaun Byrne doing well. Think he needed a fresh start.

Byrne has been absolute tremendous since he joined us. He would be 1 of the first names on team sheet for me. Very good footballer and does a power of work for the team. If he keeps his performances up can see a few teams sniffing about along with a few of our other players 

17 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Byrne has been absolute tremendous since he joined us. He would be 1 of the first names on team sheet for me. Very good footballer and does a power of work for the team. If he keeps his performances up can see a few teams sniffing about along with a few of our other players 

Had some superb games for us.. but then he'd vanish. There was a cup game against Raith when we were in League One and he was ferocious - smashed into every tackle and bossed the game. Then he'd be totally anonymous for the next couple of games. No doubt the talent was in there but getting a performance out of him each week seemed to be the problem. 

Archived