Pars v Livi

Forgot about Jacko being played there, yeah that would explain how we conceded 2 goals from free kicks put high into our box, with Lithgow, Dec and Halkett we're normally pretty solid defending set pieces. Showed how much of a miss Lithgow was in that game, he's been outstanding this season.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we score first we'll win. AJ needs to change things up formation wise though. At  the moment he's just going with the same thing every week hoping it'll change.

I definitely think we're poorer without Cardle. Odd, as he got injured early against St.Mirren and we went on to hump them 3-0, then we defeated Brechin away but we've been absolutely pisen going forward since then. Very poor against Dundee Utd, Falkirk and now QoS.

United game was very poor, no arguments. However, Falkirk is like saying we played poorly in a testimonial/friendly and if we were poor at Queens but still got a point, that's a good sign to me.

17 points from the first 9 games is a good start. Cardle is a big miss ofc but we thumped St Mirren without him on the park and they've been the best team in the league so far. We have enough talent to cope without him but I'd agree AJ may have to re-jig a couple of things. That being said, Plan B has never been AJ's strength.

Livingston's start has been superb. A newly-promoted side sitting 2nd is excellent and Hopkin is doing a marvellous job. I don't think for a minute they'll be in the top four after 36 games but I thought they'd be fighting relegation along with Dumbarton and Brechin. Clearly in a very good run of form and they'll be buzzing to keep it going. A tough game but one we should win and need to win to calm down some of our most hysterical supporters.

Hard-fought home win and no racist/homophobic chanting from the NW would be just lovely.

20 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We've scored in all of our games this season and recently scored 2 in every one. Whatever happens I bet Andy Ryan scores :D 

20 hours ago, Afro said:

Jason Talbot playing much for them at the moment? Can see a definite red for him and a goal for Ryan on Saturday. :lol:

He’s have to get a game first... AJ keeps sticking with Clark.

Reckon this will be our return to winning ways, 

1-0

Does anyone know if it is a cash gate or do we have to go and buy a ticket and then present it at turnstiles?

Hate quoting myself but...

For tickets it's simple - there's a ticket kiosk that takes cash (if you don't have cash I think you can get tickets for the away end with a card at the club shop) then go to the turnstile and it's scanned in the same way St Mirren, Falkirk etc do it.

14 hours ago, Afro said:

Hopefully we'll never see Jackson Longridge in central defence ever again, so it lessens the chances somewhat. :lol:

Still get nightmares about that 4-0 game. I reckon that was the game that truly broke John Hughes as a manager forever.

I remember him turning round to a fan giving him abuse and told him to 'go shopping with his wife on a Saturday instead' :D:D:D 

Absolutely shite manager with shite tactics, no philosophy and no man management skills. Saw that Hoppy let Todorov go back to Bulgaria midweek, worked wonders for the big man. Think we can see the bond and respect between the players and managers right now which is a big thing going forward.

It seems the big difference is that now we've got players who are starting to love the club and it's not just another stop for them. Passion for the club is something your Darren Cole's, Hugo Faria's, Mike Mapuya's couldn't really give you.

Hughes's way of handling Bobby Barr, who had been the fans player of the year the season before, was to punt him off to East Fife in the league below as punishment for questioning his tactics. Complete eejit.

Can see us getting pumped. Nae midfield, nae goals, nae plan B. We were totally dominated on the opening day and as said previously, Livi played at a higher gear. We'll probably need a penalty again if we're to score.

2-1 Livi. Xausa and Fernandez for them, Roy OG for us.

I'm not quite getting the negativity from Dunfermline fans here tbh, I admit I've only seen you play once, against us but you are on 17 points which basically works out at winning your home games and drawing your away games, that is a decent record and will have you in the right area at the end of the season. 

Only 4 points off the top, most goals scored, least goals conceded, I'd be surprised if St Mirren followed up there excellent first quarter with the same number of points, ofcourse if they do then fair play but that will be very difficult. 

Same with us, 18 points is a remarkable effort from all involved but I'm aiming for 12 points from the next 9 and if we get anymore then superb. 

Dunfermline is always a tough place to travel too, looking forward to testing ourselves against a good side that I have no doubt will be in the playoffs, I predicted you 2nd at the start I'm sure so not far off that after 9 games. 

Their negativity is coming from 1 goal in 3 games and losing & drawing their last 2 league games andy, before that they were flying though so nothing can be taken for granted. All games are tough and if we're not at our best we'll get punished, but if we are playing as we have been then i'm sure we'll get something from the game.

I was disappointed at drawing our first game against them with the way the game panned out, but this is a different game and they're playing at home, so a draw again would be a decent result, as long as we can keep our undefeated run going to keep the players confidence up i'll be happy.

Archived