Pars v Livi

Looking forward to this game, we've steadily got better after a slow start of 2 draws and a defeat, and are on a wee run of 4 wins in a row, Dunfermline have gone the other way and are in a bit of a rut just now. However all that goes for nowt as it can all change in a game.

Gallagher will be back for this so Toddy could move up front with Mullen, the rest of the team picks itself.

Alexander

Gallagher                  Halkett                     Lithgow

Mullin        Byrne                 Pittman                    Penrice                   Longridge

Mullen                Todorov

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be a really tough game and with a pretty poor form of late I don’t see us getting much out of this. Not seen any footage of us vs Queens how ever I think it’s odd we started 3 strikers and played on of them down the wing instead of a straight 4-3-3. I would probably stick with Splain Nat and bring shields in to deal with Livi’s tricky 5 in midfield which made it look like they had an extra man

This is going to be a really tough game and with a pretty poor form of late I don’t see us getting much out of this. Not seen any footage of us vs Queens how ever I think it’s odd we started 3 strikers and played on of them down the wing instead of a straight 4-3-3. I would probably stick with Splain Nat and bring shields in to deal with Livi’s tricky 5 in midfield which made it look like they had an extra man

I think we should play an extra man too. We've got form for this after all.

It will once again be tough to break down an organised Livi side, this time they're even on a good run of form so should be even harder. 

Appears we lack creativity without our one trick pony Joe Cardle though. With it being a home game I'm still expecting the 3 points but won't be surprised when it doesn't happen.

We need to shore up the midfield a little, whether that is having Higginbotham play a bit more centrally or playing a 4-3-3 with all three playing centrally I have no idea. If it's true that Shiels is suspended (even though it should only be 1 league + 1 cup game, it seems that he's now missing 2 league games) then that fills me with a bit of fear as Splaine was pretty anonymous and with Paton out that's all we really have in there. Strangely, I still think we'll win this. No idea why mind you.

Really looking forward to this despite having no clue how it'll go. We're on good form and Gallagher will be looking to come back on form. Toddy up front is a must too, he's been amazing lately. We've got a more settled starting XI now but could see Hopkin changing it still.

We've scored in all of our games this season and recently scored 2 in every one. Whatever happens I bet Andy Ryan scores :D 

Going to go for a nice 2-1 win for us, Halkett and Toddy with the goals either side of an Andy Ryan goal

This run we're on has to end sometime, and I think it will be here. Tbf, we looked solid against United and restricted them to nothing, but they're struggling comparatively. Didn't make the first game of the season so looking forward to seeing how we set up against the Pars - should be a good game between two teams who have made excellent starts IMO.

Jason Talbot playing much for them at the moment? Can see a definite red for him and a goal for Ryan on Saturday. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Afro said:

This run we're on has to end sometime, and I think it will be here. Tbf, we looked solid against United and restricted them to nothing, but they're struggling comparatively. Didn't make the first game of the season so looking forward to seeing how we set up against the Pars - should be a good game between two teams who have made excellent starts IMO.

Jason Talbot playing much for them at the moment? Can see a definite red for him and a goal for Ryan on Saturday. :lol:

Yes. Him and Ashcroft are probably our most consistent performers. 

This is going to be a hard game. Ever since Cardle went out the fold we have been poor and evidently miss him. Non-starter to pivotal player in the space of a few months. Some laugh. 

No idea why we're playing one of our strikers on the wing. It doesn't work and we have Aird and Lochhead sitting on the bench. Lochhead looked decent the times he came off the bench, why not give him a chance like he's doing with Splaine in the middle?

10 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Yes. Him and Ashcroft are probably our most consistent performers. 

This is going to be a hard game. Ever since Cardle went out the fold we have been poor and evidently miss him. Non-starter to pivotal player in the space of a few months. Some laugh. 

No idea why we're playing one of our strikers on the wing. It doesn't work and we have Aird and Lochhead sitting on the bench. Lochhead looked decent the times he came off the bench, why not give him a chance like he's doing with Splaine in the middle?

I remember Aird getting hooked after about half an hour on the first game of the season, he still shite?

Should be a cracker this, two decent sides with all to play for, we are on a great run but if we don't keep up the standards we've set ourselves this could be the game to end our excellent run. 

Having said that, I see no reason why we can't go to Dunfermline and frustrate the home side and maybe grab a goal on the break, this is another game that will suit our style with Dunfermline likely to have most of the ball. 

If we could somehow get a win here it will really have people sitting up and taking notice of us, we've kind of went under the radar up until now. 

If you offered me a point now though I'd bite your hand off. 

As LF says team pretty much picks itself just now. 

I presume we will be housed in the corner of the main stand ? Also I notice Dunfermline have been having ticketing issues, do we have to buy tickets at a certain window before entering ? Thanks in advance. 

Never  feel confident going away to Dunfermline, especially after that game under John Hughes. Will be good to have Gallagher back, even though Toddy has been brilliant at the back. Think I saw someone mention that Mullen isn't suspended until next week? Would go with the team LF posted, wouldn't be too surprised to see Jacobs in for Penrice but no need to change a winning team.

Win this and I might start to believe we can finish higher than 8th.

I remember Aird getting hooked after about half an hour on the first game of the season, he still shite?

Not played much in the league since - a wee run out for 10 minutes maybe? - and played in the Challenge Cup match at Buckie but other than that, he's the forgotten man despite us having issues on the wings with Cardle injured.

Should be a cracker this, two decent sides with all to play for, we are on a great run but if we don't keep up the standards we've set ourselves this could be the game to end our excellent run. 
Having said that, I see no reason why we can't go to Dunfermline and frustrate the home side and maybe grab a goal on the break, this is another game that will suit our style with Dunfermline likely to have most of the ball. 
If we could somehow get a win here it will really have people sitting up and taking notice of us, we've kind of went under the radar up until now. 
If you offered me a point now though I'd bite your hand off. 
As LF says team pretty much picks itself just now. 
I presume we will be housed in the corner of the main stand ? Also I notice Dunfermline have been having ticketing issues, do we have to buy tickets at a certain window before entering ? Thanks in advance. 

I would think you will be unless you think there'll be more than a hundred or so away fans? I've seen the Cowdenbeath end stand behind the goals open for clubs with small travelling supports before though. For tickets it's simple - there's a ticket kiosk that takes cash (if you don't have cash I think you can get tickets for the away end with a card at the club shop) then go to the turnstile and it's scanned in the same way St Mirren, Falkirk etc do it. The issues at East End have mostly been for home fans with little information about the changes, low numbers of gates being open, season tickets not being accepted at some gates, some season tickets being flagged as invalid etc. The only issue for away fans was when St Mirren apparently told us they'd only have 300 fans or so coming and then when about 1000 turned up there weren't enough turnstiles open or food to buy. It shouldn't be a problem on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I would think you will be unless you think there'll be more than a hundred or so away fans? I've seen the Cowdenbeath end stand behind the goals open for clubs with small travelling supports before though. For tickets it's simple - there's a ticket kiosk that takes cash (if you don't have cash I think you can get tickets for the away end with a card at the club shop) then go to the turnstile and it's scanned in the same way St Mirren, Falkirk etc do it. The issues at East End have mostly been for home fans with little information about the changes, low numbers of gates being open, season tickets not being accepted at some gates, some season tickets being flagged as invalid etc. The only issue for away fans was when St Mirren apparently told us they'd only have 300 fans or so coming and then when about 1000 turned up there weren't enough turnstiles open or food to buy. It shouldn't be a problem on Saturday.

Cool, cheers. Probably our hardcore couple hundred that usually travel tbh. 

I was at the Livvy away game and did them a bit of a disservice on here. They overran our midfield that day and were a gear up from us until we got the debatable penalty. We need to change the formation against them or go for the jugular from the off and hope we score early.

If we sit back and let them play I can't see us winning. Although the way this league is going we could win 4-1 or something. They seemed to play three at the back and looked a little slow, we should concentrate on winning the battle and get it out wide quickly. Like they do.

Would like to see

Murdoch

Williamson Ashcroft Morris Talbot

Nat

Higgy Splaine Lochhead McManus

Smith 

Think we will go usual 4-4-2 though with Clark playing.

Never  feel confident going away to Dunfermline, especially after that game under John Hughes. Will be good to have Gallagher back, even though Toddy has been brilliant at the back. Think I saw someone mention that Mullen isn't suspended until next week? Would go with the team LF posted, wouldn't be too surprised to see Jacobs in for Penrice but no need to change a winning team.
Win this and I might start to believe we can finish higher than 8th.

I still have nightmares about that game. We chipped it out to the wing and they scored almost every time

Hughes had told him to keep doing it and he was scared not to, anyone that didn't do what Hughes said was punted to East Fife. We were so predictable Jefferies even said how you'd beat us pre match and we still kept playing how he knew we would.

Hopkin has us playing the same way in every game too right enough but nobody has figured out a way to counter it, well suppose St Mirren did but you'd have to go down to 10 men and sit in to see if it worked again.

Hughes had told him to keep doing it and he was scared not to, anyone that didn't do what Hughes said was punted to East Fife. We were so predictable Jefferies even said how you'd beat us pre match and we still kept playing how he knew we would.

Hopkin has us playing the same way in every game too right enough but nobody has figured out a way to counter it, well suppose St Mirren did but you'd have to go down to 10 men and sit in to see if it worked again.

Hopefully we'll never see Jackson Longridge in central defence ever again, so it lessens the chances somewhat. :lol:

Still get nightmares about that 4-0 game. I reckon that was the game that truly broke John Hughes as a manager forever.

Archived