Favourite gaming cheat/secret

Stellaboz

47 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

In International Superstar Soccer if you went Holland; Jurgen could score from the half way line.

one of the really old FIFA titles, may have even been a 90's title the AI for the keepers was a complete mess and assuming you had a winger who had a strong shooting stat, if you fired a shot from the wing about halfway into the oppositions half, the keeper would just stand there and watch it sail into the net because the AI didn't have a response for that kinda shot.

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

one of the really old FIFA titles, may have even been a 90's title the AI for the keepers was a complete mess and assuming you had a winger who had a strong shooting stat, if you fired a shot from the wing about halfway into the oppositions half, the keeper would just stand there and watch it sail into the net because the AI didn't have a response for that kinda shot.

Showing my age, but FIFA 94 you could point blank shoot & the 'keeper saved. Yet you could shoot from about 40yrds and score.

Showing my age, but FIFA 94 you could point blank shoot & the 'keeper saved. Yet you could shoot from about 40yrds and score.

Not really a cheat per se I don't think, but in some of the late 90's-early 00's FIFA games if you got anywhere close to goal and hit triangle, which played a through ball, the keeper wouldn't know what to do and you'd get a guaranteed goal.

There was an old football game, Man Utd Double Double or something.  You could, without fail, dribble up one-on-one with the keeper, then press back just as you reached him.  Once you did that, the keeper would dive at thin air, and you could dribble round him to score.

I really don't know how I got enjoyment as a child from doing that every single time.

LMA Manager used to be great for cheats.  Would always go Cowdenbeath and would either go with the Sugar Daddy cheat ( £500 mill in bank) or the Superstar cheat where your whole team's ratings suddenly are maxed including the youths.  Used to be a right pain as Liam Buchanan would be linked with Real Madrid after about a week and want to leave.

Can remember winning the Champions league with a squad including Gary Fusco.

On another note in the old LMA games we had a player called James Cummings (I think) who changed his surname to be Allan (him from Glasvegas). In LMA one year he was in twice under his different names and was a star man for me.

Always enjoyed one for Goldeneye 007 on N64. If you set up the 'Domino' duel controller control mode before you ended a level, during the end cut scene you could kill the people as the cut scene unfolded.

The best one being the Egyptian Temple where you could once again kill Baron Samedi as he laughed during the final cut scene.

Never managed to get this to work when I was a kid, but Dynamite Dux on the Atari ST was supposed to have an alternate title sequence involving female masurbation and duck buggery, which are two of my favourite things ever.

You can see more about it at the bottom of this page on the game.

• 2 months later...

In Sensible Soccer if you held down the shoot button and pressed for a replay, then came out of it, all the players would freeze and the ball would sail past the goalie. Handy for getting some third division mob to win every game and trophy in the career mode.

Not a cheat as such but after the intial cut scene in Far Cry 4, you can just sit there do nothing and after a while Pagan Min comes back from killing some poor villager and an alternative end scene plays.

The invisibility cheat in Golden Eye was also a favourite of mine. Not so much the cheat itself but to get it you had to complete the Facility level in an insane amount of time, something like 1:30. Shame that there were no trophy stats around at that time as barely anyone I knew, apart from myself, was able to unlock it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived