Birmingham

Romeo

I spend quite a bit of time in Birmingham for work. Actually heading down tomorrow for the week.

It's very similar to Glasgow as a city. Not really that much to do from a tourism perspective.

I've never been out to the Balti Triangle in all the years I've visited, however Viceroy is decent for a curry and is in the Jewellery Quarter. If your looking for somewhere to chill out, watch football and have an Indian Mixed Grill then give Soho Tavern a go. It's about £6/7 in an Uber from Broad Street.

You could of course take in a game whilst down. Villa Park and St Andrews are easily accessible from the city centre. Hawthorns reasonable too. Also Walsall and Wolverhampton are only 20mins or so on the train.

I spend quite a bit of time in Birmingham for work. Actually heading down tomorrow for the week.

It's very similar to Glasgow as a city. Not really that much to do from a tourism perspective.

I've never been out to the Balti Triangle in all the years I've visited, however Viceroy is decent for a curry and is in the Jewellery Quarter. If your looking for somewhere to chill out, watch football and have an Indian Mixed Grill then give Soho Tavern a go. It's about £6/7 in an Uber from Broad Street.

I’m considering moving to Birmingham...know anything about best areas to live etc. please mate?

56 minutes ago, Girth said:

I’m considering moving to Birmingham...know anything about best areas to live etc. please mate?

Used to visit a girlfriend when she was working there, around Edgbaston I think, near the Uni. Decent pubs and balti heaven. If I don't know a City well I usually head for the area around a college, you usually get livelier pubs and more live music. It was a long time ago though, better asking someone like @Bully Wee Villa

What you looking for? Flat or house? Want walking distance from City Centre or a commute?

Property isn't cheap compared to Scotland!

I don’t think Birmingham deserves a thread if it’s own. It’s fucking Birmingham ffs.

I will fucking cut you.

I'll respond to this when I get home, will have a think.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I will fucking cut you.

I'll respond to this when I get home, will have a think.

I'm sorry but we have discussions for New York, Los Angeles, Vietnam and South East Asia in this sub forum. Having a separate thread for Birmingham is ridiculous. 

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:11, Mitch said:

Likewise, I've spent more nights than I care to remember down there.

It's definitely got much less touristy stuff to do than Glasgow, struggling to think of much apart from Cadbury's World!

Balti Quarter is okay, plenty of decent curry houses about.

Some decent boozers but mainly spread about.  Post Office Vaults is a decent boozer, as is the Wellington. Tap and Spile just off Broad Street (close to Hyatt) was a decent enough boozer and had late license.

Been to games (all midweek) at St Andrews (vs Wolves), WBA (vs Cardiff), Villa (CSKA Moskow) and Coventry vs Norhampton I think. Never managed Walsall or Wolves yet!

Archived