Attendances Scottish Cup toes 14 October

PRS

They're normally a nightmare to get for prelims and R1 - there is someone on another website who seems to go hunting for them, contacting clubs, etc. - but usually you get them from R2 on.

However there are none in today's paper, although goalscorers do appear.

Round 2 attendances

Banks O Dee v Selkirk 200

Berwick v Annan 379

Buckie v BSC ?

Civil SS v Brora 60

Cowden v East Kilbride 251

Deveronvale v Glenafton 294

Edinburgh City v Stenhousemuir 286

Edinburgh Uni v Fraserburgh 180

Elgin v Edusport 552

Formartine v East Stirlingshire 180

Keith v Clyde 170

Montrose v Stirling Uni 503

Nairn v Cove 185

Peterhead v Colville Park 484

Spartans v Clachnacuddin 209

Stirling Albion v Lothian THV 521

Here to help:)

Round 2 attendances
Berwick v Annan 379
Buckie v BSC ?
Civil SS v Brora 60
Elgin v Edusport 552
Keith v Clyde 170
Nairn v Cove 185
Here to help[emoji4]

There were only 80 more people at the Edinburgh City game than at Spartans? There is barely anyone in the stand at Spartans while it was reasonably busy Friday night.

There were only 80 more people at the Edinburgh City game than at Spartans? There is barely anyone in the stand at Spartans while it was reasonably busy Friday night.

Going back a few years but in my experience, a lot of the crowd at Spartans games stood on the dugout side rather than sitting in the stand

It’s cordoned off. At least it was on Friday
It wasn't on the Saturday, about 60-70 people on the Dugouts side including a good number of Clach fans in fancy dress.

Bit of atmosphere in the bar before hand, I doubt the Spartan's academy staff are used to folk singing about shagging wimen!

It wasn't on the Saturday, about 60-70 people on the Dugouts side including a good number of Clach fans in fancy dress.

Bit of atmosphere in the bar before hand, I doubt the Spartan's academy staff are used to folk singing about shagging wimen!

Maybe just City that cordon it off then. As I said it's been a few years since I've been at Ainslie but I'd have said a good 30% of the crowd any given game were nowhere near the stand. I only ever sat in there to get a better vantage point when I was filming for Whitehill

4 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Maybe just City that cordon it off then. As I said it's been a few years since I've been at Ainslie but I'd have said a good 30% of the crowd any given game were nowhere near the stand. I only ever sat in there to get a better vantage point when I was filming for Whitehill

Edinburgh City cordoned off the dugout side when 'Well were there in the League Cup earlier in the season - the stewards weren't even happy with us standing on the grass bankings behind the goals when the stand was full (although they gave in to the inevitable eventually)..

16 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Round 2 attendances

Berwick v Annan 379

Buckie v BSC ?

Civil SS v Brora 60

Elgin v Edusport 552

Keith v Clyde 170

Nairn v Cove 185

Here to help:)

Thank you for this, much appreciated.  Where did you source your information? 

7 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

In the strange world that is Scottish Football City arn't allowed to use the grass bank by the SPFL  but Startans are as their in the LL. I actually thought City would have been allowed to use it for Scottish Cup games but obviously not.

I've asked this before, but it'd be interesting to know on what grounds City aren't allowed to use the bankings. Ainslie Park is licensed and the whole point of the reforms, agreements etc. was that licensing became the criteria, with Entry (plus Bronze floodlights) for SPFL1 & SPFL2.

Pretty bizarre that if Spartans had drawn Stenhousemuir in R3 those bankings would be open?

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I've asked this before, but it'd be interesting to know on what grounds City aren't allowed to use the bankings. Ainslie Park is licensed and the whole point of the reforms, agreements etc. was that licensing became the criteria, with Entry (plus Bronze floodlights) for SPFL1 & SPFL2.

Pretty bizarre that if Spartans had drawn Stenhousemuir in R3 those bankings would be open?

I spoke to someone in the know a while back about it and they said the bankings couldn't be used in SPFL games because unlike Stranraer and Elgin there isn't any terracing below the grass, its just all grass apart from a single bit of concrete hardstanding at the fence.

I would think the banking would have been open for any Spartans game one's i've been at this season they have been including Vale in the cup and Linfield.

Aye, it's the same at Shielfield... but that's not in the licensing criteria and there aren't supposed to be any additional criteria (except the floodlight thing). I saw a suggestion on here it was due to the council but that would also seem perplexing.

55 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Aye, it's the same at Shielfield... but that's not in the licensing criteria and there aren't supposed to be any additional criteria (except the floodlight thing). I saw a suggestion on here it was due to the council but that would also seem perplexing.

Its the local council's who grant safety certificates so it could very well be that they would have a say in it. Remember they also had to get proper turnstiles put in as well at the start of the season which to be fair should have been there when the place got built.

Archived