Greenock Morton v Dumbarton 21/10/17

14 minutes ago, TAMCARSON1 said:

Fair play to Harkins, didn't think he would last 90. He's always good on the ball and enjoys a bit of banter with our support., but if the Ton fans don't want him and Thompson give us them in January.

I thought Harkins did fine today. He's not the most industrious player so many feel frustrated with him. I thought he had some great touches and played some good passes about

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll take that point. Wish we could have pushed out a bit more but heyho that’s us. 

I thought Andy dowie was our best today and keeper did well.dowie has been target on other game posts so credit where it is due today 

Was worried with 15 to go but by the end if anything we were further forward.

still think we miss proper target man ie nade  but overall not too bad

i will email Morton direct about shambolic ticket arrangements which resulted in me missing our goal 

28 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

i will email Morton direct about shambolic ticket arrangements which resulted in me missing our goal 

Please do. I don't think there's a single Morton fan who doesn't want the whole farce scrapped.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Please do. I don't think there's a single Morton fan who doesn't want the whole farce scrapped.

That was the general consensus in the queue when I was there surrounded by Morton fans. All seems disorganised. The people selling the tickets seemed clueless when I said, "away fan, in this stand I assume" and pointed. Just looked at me and I had to repeat myself. She then lifted 4 separate bundles before she got the right ones.

The "ticket collection" window should also be used to help manage the ticket sales rather than her just standing doing nothing as the queue grows longer and longer.

The idea itself shouldn't cause so many problems as other stadiums work that way but it just seemed so disorganised. 

A tale of two keepers - Gaston doing another free gift number and the Sons’  keeper making some decent stops as we pressed for a winner.
Next.......... :unsure:

No idea...didnt manage to get into the ground until about ten past three...is it like that every home game?

Point probably about right...I thought we had the better of the first half and looked comfortable until Morton scored..after that the game changed, although both teams could have won it

Barry Cook as usual was awful...no idea why he didn't give Lamie a second yellow late on...a more obvious yellow card you'll never see

Cook seemed to give all the wee niggly fouls in favour of Dumbarton and failed to let the game flow. When he actually got it right (Tiffoney turning a guy illegally, for example) it just got folks backs up even more.

8 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Cook seemed to give all the wee niggly fouls in favour of Dumbarton and failed to let the game flow. When he actually got it right (Tiffoney turning a guy illegally, for example) it just got folks backs up even more.

Didn't think he favoured us particularly. Thought he was consistently bad and that Harkins should have been booked in the first half easily and for a bad foul on Wilson 10/15 mins into the 2nd half. He was also conned by Quitongo into booking our RB Wardrop. Just a terrible ref.

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

Surprised there aren't more complaints about the handball in the build up to our goal. Thought it was blatant.

Nah, I thought it was blootered off his arm from a yard away and he couldn't possibly have avoided it hitting his arm. If anyone thinks that's a handball by Quitongo for having it blasted at his arm from a yard away, then they also have to think it was a penalty to Morton a minute before when a shot was twatted off an arm from a second ball at a corner. It's utterly inconsistent to think one is a handball and not the other.

In reality neither of them were close to being handballs, and neither was the supposed handball Lamie was booked for when once again a ball was hammered at an arm from a yard away, where Cook only gave the decision because he it was the third time in five minutes that Barr appealed for a handball and he's a tit who thinks he has to give that decision because players asking for fouls regularly must mean they're actually happening by the law of averages.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Nah, I thought it was blootered off his arm from a yard away and he couldn't possibly have avoided it hitting his arm. If anyone thinks that's a handball by Quitongo for having it blasted at his arm from a yard away, then they also have to think it was a penalty to Morton a minute before when a shot was twatted off an arm from a second ball at a corner. It's utterly inconsistent to think one is a handball and not the other.

In reality neither of them were close to being handballs, and neither was the supposed handball Lamie was booked for when once again a ball was hammered at an arm from a yard away, where Cook only gave the decision because he it was the third time in five minutes that Barr appealed for a handball and he's a tit who thinks he has to give that decision because players asking for fouls regularly must mean they're actually happening by the law of averages.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it wasn't "blootered off" his arm and more that he controlled the ball with his arm in the lead up. Completely different to the other 2.

FWIW I agree the booking for Lamie was harsh later on. I await highlights to confirm either way if Quitongo had the ball hit off him as opposed to using his arm to gain an advantage.

I was very close to Jai's hand ball, and it looked blatant to me. Looked like he moved his elbow out to control the ball and knock it forward. I was surprised we got off with it. Odd refereeing all round though. 

Russell gifted the opening goal. I thought he'd started the season a bit better, but he's just slipping further away from the player we know he can be. 

1 minute ago, SpoonTon said:

Russell gifted the opening goal. I thought he'd started the season a bit better, but he's just slipping further away from the player we know he can be. 

Was it Russell? It looked a bit of a stramash from where I stood and I had thought Gaston had fumbled it (apologies to Derek if he was blameless).

Both the referee and his assistant seemed to look at each other wondering if a foul had been committed before Cook decided to signal the goal.

12 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Was it Russell? It looked a bit of a stramash from where I stood and I had thought Gaston had fumbled it (apologies to Derek if he was blameless).

Both the referee and his assistant seemed to look at each other wondering if a foul had been committed before Cook decided to signal the goal.

Russell did well to get back to cover, but then totally messed up the clearance. He should've just been putting his right foot through it but the ball ended up dribbling back towards the middle of the goal. Gaston came to get it but I'm pretty sure Russell slid straight into him and knocked the ball loose for the tap in. In short, Russell miss hit his clearance then fouled Gaston. 

It also should be noted that Doyle's trademark strong run and weak cross combination led to the whole thing. I also have no idea where Jai was when the right hand side was so exposed. Duffy's 4-2-4, or whatever it was meant to be, failed us miserably there. 

I'm glad a few Morton fans have said that there looked like a movement towards the ball from Quitongo's hand. I thought it was pretty blatant at the time, but with the lack of chat around it on here I assumed it maybe wasn't as obvious as it looked. It doesn't excuse the fact that a good three or four of our players stopped playing to claim for it though.

The fact that Cook missed it, but gave the Lamie one (and booked him for it...) sums him up. He has a very loose interpretation of the rules.

59 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

This would back up SpoonTon's version of events I think:

22552825_1503194369771785_25130612487028

22552617_1503194429771779_20667713858773

22552494_1503195936438295_40774663283111

22687861_1503195376438351_68905097209596

22552762_1503194433105112_36542523414859

22549758_1503194673105088_15445374374834

22555020_1503194083105147_91830666257512

Archived