Greenock Morton v Dumbarton 21/10/17

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. A game where both teams seemed intent on bypassing the midfield and hoofing it at wee strikers.

Pleasing to see Scott Gal and Dowie putting in decent showings, and I thought Mark Stewart did the best he could with the seriously limited service fired his way.

A point will do, but I still feel like we could've won it.

Oh aye, Barry Cook is never a referee. Seems like a decent guy for having a laugh at some of the stick he was getting, but B'Jesus he makes games a lottery.

You really do wonder what Morton get upto all week at training...they’ll be pleased with that draw too. Another gutless performance, end to end.

It’s always lovely to see the Dumbarton keeper time waste as much as possible yet still avoid a booking, due to the shite-baggery that is Barry Cook. Not a clue.

We are going to get pumped next week :(

16 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

You really do wonder what Morton get upto all week at training...they’ll be pleased with that draw too. Another gutless performance, end to end.

It’s always lovely to see the Dumbarton keeper time waste as much as possible yet still avoid a booking, due to the shite-baggery that is Barry Cook. Not a clue.

:lol:

16 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Dumbarton charging £22 to get in so they can bribe officials with the profit. I can respect that.

:lol:

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We defended well, if a bit last ditch, in the second half and had a golden chance to win it with (I think) Barr's header, I'll need to see that back to see how he hasn't hit the target. A good point though and some encouraging signs again.

That miss was absolutely ridiculous. Telling that for all our possession at 1-1, Dumbarton still created the best chance.

I thought Dumbarton played really well in the first half, but you seemed to lose the plot a bit after we equalised and Craig Barr embodied that: from calmly going about his game in the first half and pressuring our excuse of a midfield into conceding possession with real positional discipline, at 1-1 he was charging about like a headless chicken and leaving gaps where earlier we'd had none, then screaming at Cook for non-existent handballs or fouls every time he lost out in a 50/50.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

That miss was absolutely ridiculous. Telling that for all our possession at 1-1, Dumbarton still created the best chance.

I thought Dumbarton played really well in the first half, but you seemed to lose the plot a bit after we equalised and Craig Barr embodied that: from calmly going about his game in the first half and pressuring our excuse of a midfield into conceding possession with real positional discipline, at 1-1 he was charging about like a headless chicken and leaving gaps where earlier we'd had none, then screaming at Cook for non-existent handballs or fouls every time he lost out in a 50/50.

Fair assessment really. If we were going to play it long then pressing up on the second ball was vital. We didn't really press enough and left space for Morton when O'Ware inevitably won the header. We desperately need Carswell and Handling back fit, Wilson and Hutton are just not of the required standard. I thought everyone else played well enough for us. For Morton, Oliver was the only guy I thought caused any issues, it was a good finish from McHugh mind you. Not much between these teams on the evidence of the two games so far.

Kind of what I expected tbh. We're just not turning up just now. Thought it would be a bit of a shit game and a draw. The only thing that surprised me was that there was two goals instead of none.

Still not as worried about next week as some are. St. Mirren probably should be handily beating that team though.

On 15/10/2017 at 14:31, Finch road said:

I am fairly confident of shitfesting another 1-0 win. 3 points a must here

On 16/10/2017 at 18:46, Finch road said:

Dumbarton struggling at dead balls this year?  Oware to score first goal for me

How did that go for you then?:whistle

Morton very bad today,we all seen it for ourselves.i dread next week.The shambles for getting a ticket prior to kick off just shows how badly morton are organising anything on and off the park.A total amateur outfit.i have seen more spare balls at parklea when the ball goes behind the WDE when waiting for it to be returned for a Dumbarton goal kick.[emoji90]

1 hour ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

I wouldn't put too much money on it. All depends on which St Mirren team turns up.

Archived