Greenock Morton v Dumbarton 21/10/17

3 minutes ago, Finch road said:

Just for the record and I don't care if he scores. Mark Stewart is total dross

Just about everyone we've signed has the reputation of "dross", Barr and Froxylias aside. The rest of the Championship teams should be ashamed of themselves if we survive again.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know so much, we’re not conceding many, Dunfermline apart, and if we continue to play like last week, and find a striker and a keeper in January, I reckon we could move up the table. Players are there I think, just needs to gel a bit more

2 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I don’t know so much, we’re not conceding many, Dunfermline apart, and if we continue to play like last week, and find a striker and a keeper in January, I reckon we could move up the table. Players are there I think, just needs to gel a bit more

I just don't see two teams being weaker than us to be honest. Falkirk will get their act together, and ICT will (eventually) scrape together enough points to finish in lower midtable obscurity I reckon.

I'd love to be wrong, but this is as tough as we've had it imo. We need a full-time crisis club, and ICT seem to be the only potential option to take that crown.

I just don't see two teams being weaker than us to be honest. Falkirk will get their act together, and ICT will (eventually) scrape together enough points to finish in lower midtable obscurity I reckon.
I'd love to be wrong, but this is as tough as we've had it imo. We need a full-time crisis club, and ICT seem to be the only potential option to take that crown.

I think you're pretty much on the money as things stand but we have a complete midfield out injured and I'd hope Handling especially can produce for us.

Still shocks me that Harkins got a deal anywhere else in senior football never mind in the championship after how bad he was for Ayr last season.

How has he settled at Morton?

He was always a thorn in our side when we played Dundee and he was there and I doubt he just lost all the ability. A player who could have done so much more in his career if he had just bothered his arse a bit more, imo.

8 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Still shocks me that Harkins got a deal anywhere else in senior football never mind in the championship after how bad he was for Ayr last season.

How has he settled at Morton?

He was always a thorn in our side when we played Dundee and he was there and I doubt he just lost all the ability. A player who could have done so much more in his career if he had just bothered his arse a bit more, imo.

He's not the most industrious player, but he still has the skill and is probably a lot more fitter than he was last season.

It’s the morning of the game and still no match thread on the Morton forum - says a lot for the enthusiasm at Scapa.

It will be a crap game with a crap crowd and as I’m having to drag my daughter along too I’ll miss most of it due to being asked “how long until it’s finished” every other minute.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

It’s the morning of the game and still no match thread on the Morton forum - says a lot for the enthusiasm at Scapa.

It will be a crap game with a crap crowd and as I’m having to drag my daughter along too I’ll miss most of it due to being asked “how long until it’s finished” every other minute.

To be fair to the wean... me and my company were  asking the same when we played them at Dumbarton. Hope fully a couple of goals to liven things up a bit.

Today's game gets a mention in last weeks Brechin thread on .org btw - if you can be bothered with the surrounding pish

15 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Strike force of froxy and Stewart or froxy and Walsh or just Stewart?

I'd imagine Stewart will be up front on his own and Wilson may push forward to a more attacking midfield role. I'd much rather we move Wilson out wide and push Froxy inside behind Stewart but there's no way that will happen.

Archived