Greenock Morton v Dumbarton 21/10/17

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Can we have a shame game rating from Morton on this one? 

Another tough game (aren't hey all ?)  A home defeat would be hard to take right enough so there would be a lot of 'gone ' heads if that happened.

Hopefully Quitongo is on song and lasts for most of the game anyway , and we see the 'good' side of Morton - in which case there's a home win on the cards. But we can also appear clueless at times -so who knows .

The only certainty here is... it has to be a better game than the one at the Your Bet Butler radio insurance stadium. Unusually , that was a shit day out.

We have been hopeless at attacking teams who sit in and defend against us. If Dumbarton do so I wouldn't be surprised at another 0-0 game where we've had the majority possession but done f*** all with it. 

I wasn't at Brechin on Saturday but I'd hoped Doohan would have got a chance ahead of Gaston, did he do ok last week? 

Gaston

Doyle O'Ware Lamie Russell

Murdoch McManus Tidser Thomson

Oliver

Quitongo

9 minutes ago, Scosha said:

We have been hopeless at attacking teams who sit in and defend against us. If Dumbarton do so I wouldn't be surprised at another 0-0 game where we've had the majority possession but done f*** all with it. 

I wasn't at Brechin on Saturday but I'd hoped Doohan would have got a chance ahead of Gaston, did he do ok last week? 

Gaston

Doyle O'Ware Lamie Russell

Murdoch McManus Tidser Thomson

Oliver

Quitongo

How has McManus been? I genuinely didn't expect him to be regular for you.

We're likely to try and defend well and get the ball wide to Walsh or Froxylias quickly, our problem is that we have very little composure in the final third and often choose the wrong option and waste a ball.  If I were gaffer I'd be dropping Gallacher and Dowie with Walsh's shirt on a shoogly peg too. I would line up:

Ewings

Wardrop -- Barr -- Hill -- McLaughlin

Hutton -- Wilson

Froxylias -- Stewart -- Walsh

Nade

That will be more like a 4-4-2 in reality with Stewart playing as close to Nade as possible but when we don't have the ball it will be a 5 in midfield. The 3 we have out injured really is frustrating. Carswell would start over Hutton, Grant Gallagher would start over Wilson and Danny Handling would start over Stewart - all 3 would be an improvement IMO, with Handling the only one with any real question marks over him. Until they're back we struggle on and don't know what to expect from the midfield.

If Dowie plays and is up against Quitongo we could have some real slap stick comedy gifs after the match.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Kyle Hutton plays for us.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

He's into his stride now at Sons, he'll score on Saturday & celebrate in front of the Cowshed.

Yeah, nobody gives a f**k about Kyle Hutton though. 

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How has McManus been? I genuinely didn't expect him to be regular for you.

He's not been a regular as such, but after a couple of games at CB any time he's played in his natural position at CM I've been impressed. FWIW he probably won't start on Saturday. Forbes will start and Murdoch will take McManus' position even though Forbes is really off form at the moment and has been since March.

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Yeah, nobody gives a f**k about Kyle Hutton though. 

Harsh. Still, must be easier to say that when you've never had one to give in the first place.

stay classy, vt.

Harkins in central midfield would be a major red flag for tomorrow. While we got eventually got the goal last week after Harkins came on, we also lost what was an almost complete control of midfield as well. A team that wasn't utter dross like Brechin would have taken advantage of the vast spaces in front of our back four, 

17 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The Prince definitely out, and Mango a doubt for tomorrow.

Lol @ us

Barr will pull through IMO.  Nade being out probably means that Morrison plays with Stewart up top though. Or alternatively (if Barr does make it), play Barr and Hutton in midfield with Wilson ahead of them. I would probably rather Barr partnered Hill at the back though.

Archived