Queens Park vs Dunfermline

Rob1885

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Just had cauliflower soup, I'm warm enough. More than ready to play the McManus role today (Tam).

Sorry, last minute change, McManus playing the McManus role and you can have a pie. 

Looks like our strongest 11.

Don’t think 4-1 was a fair reflection, but full time teams will always be more ruthless in front of goal. The players gave absolutely everything and can be proud of their efforts. It’d have been easy to roll over at 2-0, but they didn’t stop. Hit the bar and a wrong decision when beating down on goal. Could have been looking at 2-2 in either situation. Certainly positive stuff to take into an extremely difficult run.

Harsh on Queens Park but deserve to get papped out the cup for those catering prices alone.

The second effort off the bar was really unlucky, a nice wee bit of skill and a good strike. Our second looked like the keeper was very slow reacting and our third I thought sure was going to result in a free kick to the defender. I'll take it though. Highland League team away next round please.

Harsh result with positives to take. First half especially we looked solid and very disciplined and generally limited Dunfermline to any real chances. Some poor  goals to lose with White in goals being very suspect in a couple and would like to think Muir will be back in the team next week. I thought considering it was their first starts in senior football, McGhee and maclennan played very well and hopefully they continue to play. Best player by a country mile was David Galt. Fantastic running down the wing, great skill and delivered some great crosses. I just wish he would produce those performances on a more consistent basis. Finally, is Robbie Leitch a loan or permanent signing? Noticed he's been at Motherwell before getting a move to Burnley and then to St Mirren. He looked fairly lively when he came on but really should of buried the chance when he was clean through on goal. 

Very sloppy passing performance particularly 1st half from the Pars. Second half we started better got 2-0 up and then let Queens back in it with an awful goal and after that they had chances to get level before we managed to kill them off with 2 late goals

If queens park had some better finishing and a decent keeper we'd have been in trouble.

Poor decisions seemed to be the flavour of the day, from our defence, from queens park's strikers and especially from McLean, his first half performance would have been alot more controversial had the game ended up close.

One of the stewards came down to tell a Pars fan to put his camera away. OK it was a nice camera but it wasn't a professional photographer from what I could see, he didn't have any other equipment (tripod, change of lenses or whatever) and it looked like he was just taking a few photos for his own use. Felt like getting my phone out and periscoping the rest of the game just to prove some stupid point (but didn't, obviously. Much better to moan about it later on a forum).

Archived