Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Trying to judge the balance of a game based on highlights will hopefully put the tin lid on your contributions to this thread tbh

Highlights back up my theory i have been screaming since Saturday that we should have won.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Do you think St Mirren either A) Were the better team or B) Dominated any period of the game outside the first 10-15 minutes?

Does it matter after all it was 0-0 you need to put the ball in the net to win which nether side did none of us have bragin rights  We both got a point happy days. 

1 hour ago, Paul Cicero said:

Those highlights reflect who had most clear cut opportunities and should have won the game Reilly should have buried that effort 1st half he sclaffed  wide what's your opinions shadwell????

Nah mate, our f**k-ups in front of goal were more clear cut than yours therefore we should have won the game!

9 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Does it matter after all it was 0-0 you need to put the ball in the net to win which nether side did none of us have bragin rights  We both got a point happy days. 

This could have been the first and last post on this thread.

1 hour ago, Paul Cicero said:

Those highlights reflect who had most clear cut opportunities and should have won the game Reilly should have buried that effort 1st half he sclaffed  wide what's your opinions shadwell????

A decent striker on the park for either side and they'd have won it. Austin missed two Stevie wonder could've scored and Smith and Reilly both missed decent chances.  Someone like Dobbie or Cummings wouldve had a ball.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Believe it or not that abomination was the first kit not the change one.

Sadly all the photos of Chris Waddle playing for us are in that thing.

Wow, never realised that.

My memory of Waddle was at Love St  when the late Brian Hetherston back-heel nutmegged him. Waddle was hooked at HT.

I remember around about this time last season we were trying to use a challenge cup win against a half arsed Hibs and a draw against Falkirk to convince ourselves that there wasn't much difference between the sides and it was only a matter of time before we started climbing the table.

42 minutes ago, GAD said:

I remember around about this time last season we were trying to use a challenge cup win against a half arsed Hibs and a draw against Falkirk to convince ourselves that there wasn't much difference between the sides and it was only a matter of time before we started climbing the table.

That's a bit different from being unbeaten in 4 without losing a single goal. I'd be worried if we were leaking goals but we're not and will be nowhere near the bottom two come April.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No surprise that we played in the red strip at every opportunity that season.

If I mind right there were stories that the strip was chosen by Fulston's daughter, though whether those are true or not I have no idea.

I think the chequered strip was first choice until Totten came in, at which point he had us wearing the away strip every match he could. Hence the reason we had the red and blue stripes in the famous-and-never-to-be-forgotten Mowgli cup semi final at Ibrox. Which will never be beaten as my favourite Falkirk game of all time incidentally, unless we actually win the cup one day.

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wow, never realised that.

My memory of Waddle was at Love St  when the late Brian Hetherston back-heel nutmegged him. Waddle was hooked at HT.

I was a ball boy then,  happened right infront of me,  remember it well. Was brilliant to watch.

Archived