Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

And what did that wonderful side win then?

Nothing because it was a much better standard of league as we keep saying. Christ it's not feckin rocket science. If we by some miracle managed to top the league at the end of this season that will mainly be due to the fact the standard is incredibly mediocre.  Our team from last season with a couple of decent signings wouldve been more than enough to get us up . That team came a mile behind hibs last season . The side winning the league is getting worse every season as are the sides filling the 2nd 3rd and 4th spots.

St mirren at the moment are the best of a mediocre bunch and as we've said from stage one of this thread it's typical falkirk that when the league is there for the taking we don't have a side good enough to win it having had one the last two seasons  that wouldve won it no bother. At the end of the day if u win the league your not going to give a feck that the standards not great as your up. I for one wouldn't have if we'd done it this season but I certainly wouldve realised that the reason we'd done it was somewhat due to a reduction in the quality of sides in the league.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As we've said from stage one of this thread it's typical falkirk that when the league is there for the taking we don't have a side good enough to win it having had one the last two seasons  that wouldve won it no bother.

So, in summary, it doesn't matter what the opposition is, Falkirk aren't good enough to win the league.

Typical!

IMO St Mirren didn't play particularly well yesterday and we maybe just about deserved to sneak it. However, they looked to me like they were playing within themselves and have a lot more to give, especially from Magennis, Morgan and Smith.  At this point I would have them favourites for the title although a lot may depend on the January window. If Morgan and Magennis go then that would surely change things considerably. 

I also think that DU have been lucky to reach the points total that they're on currently as they appear to be pretty shit, however, if they change their boss and Thomson comes up with the cash again in Jan, it's likely that they will again emerge as the most likely to challenge.

As far as Falkirk are concerned, I don't think we'll go down as we can already see signs of improvement and a fully fit and focused Sibbald and Loy would make a world of difference to us. I don't think the squad is as imbalanced as some are suggesting either. Yes, we have too many CBs however, that's purely down to Houstie having to replace Luca and Watson by bringing in Balatoni and McGhee.  If Hartley can get rid of both (and maybe one or two more) in January and replace them with a couple of natural FBs then the squad would be fine.

52 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

St mirren aren't shit but they'd have probably been 4th at best a couple of seasons ago and are now top of the league so that tells you which way the standard is going.

Suck it up and mind the gap.

Cheers champ.

Saints fans seem very sensitive to people saying that the standard of the league is a lot poorer this season. Why not just enjoy the fact your top of the league.  As I said if we won the league this season I wouldn't be denying it but I wouldn't be giving a toss either.

1 minute ago, Gbud84 said:

Cheer up shadwell,   yous are pish but at least it's no the rangers you support.  Now that would be embarrassing. 

It's been the usual Scottish fitba weekend. Hibs lose due to having a shit keeper. Sevco still haven't won a major trophy and we've spent 20 odd pages discussing a nil nil draw. Some things never change.

Every season a Championship fixture team underperforms - us this year, Smurn last year, Morton, Pars, Raith - and there’s immediately a view from their own fans that the league is the worst standard ever.

Truth is, Falkirk fans have been watching the worst football of the season.  There’s a reason every visiting fan has said “that’s the worst we’ve played” - we shitfest games to this point, so bring teams down to our level (and still lose!).

Objectively the league is weaker without Hearts, Hibs, Sevco...but it’s now at the standard of teams it on average has, and the latter two teams in particular were that underperforming team.  

The league this year is probably on a par with the year Dundee and Accies got promoted.  It’s just...we’re shite.

3 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Would that game be the famous Irn Bru cup tie that has most fans staying at home ? 

There were over 4000 pay at the gate fans at that game including a decent number of Fifers and it was certainly played as a competitive match.

I think Falkirk will also they changed the manager at the right time Dundee United have done the right timing also. 

Given that everyone is shite, it now remains to be seen who comes in as their new manager (as predicted yesterday).

Any half decent manager should ensure that Dundee U skoosh this league unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Given that everyone is shite, it now remains to be seen who comes in as their new manager (as predicted yesterday).

Any half decent manager should ensure that Dundee U skoosh this league unfortunately.

Im not so sure yes the have quite a few good players but they also have some duffers. Depends who they bring in and what can be spent in January.  They had a right good team last year in my opinion. Think they have a good few bob from the transfer from the lad that went from Hull to Liverpool should come in handy for the January window. 

Archived