Falkirk v St Mirren

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Since the end of Jan you've drawn twice with Dumbarton, lost twice to raith and been hammered by Morton and dunfermline.  The two games against us this season and the one towards the end of last season you played ok but not great and the game away to you on the 28th of Jan when we won 2 1 you were murder. 

And the point of this post is?

If it's to state the bleedin' obvious, then have virtual hat and a balloon.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Since the end of Jan you've drawn twice with Dumbarton, lost twice to raith and been hammered by Morton and dunfermline.  The two games against us this season and the one towards the end of last season you played ok but not great and the game away to you on the 28th of Jan when we won 2 1 you were murder. 

You know what, you’re right.

Now you mention it, we HAVE been rubbish.

Don’t think I’ll bother going to any more games.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Sarcasm aside, during that period we also beat Raith 5-0, Morton 4-1 away, Ayr 6-2, Livvy 3-1 away (with 10 men for 60 minutes), Inverness 4-2, Dundee United 3-0, yourselves 3-1 and have won 5 games out of 5 at home this season.

Given this time last year we only had 4 points, excuse me for enjoying my football.

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

You know what, you’re right.

Now you mention it, we HAVE been rubbish.

Don’t think I’ll bother going to any more games.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Sarcasm aside, during that period we also beat Raith 5-0, Morton 4-1 away, Ayr 6-2, Livvy 3-1 away (with 10 men for 60 minutes), Inverness 4-2, Dundee United 3-0, yourselves 3-1 and have won 5 games out of 5 at home this season.

Given this time last year we only had 4 points, excuse me for enjoying my football.

You just said you'd been playing great football since the end of January. I was just pointing out that you'd had some pretty mediocre performances and results in that time.  Even the 3 1 game against us you weren't anything special as we were utter dross. Even then we could have been out of sight after 20 mins.  Yesterday again you were mediocre and I mentioned that you were nothing special against us last season either.  In 4 games since the 28th of Jan against us you've been okay at times but that's about it.

And yet we’re top of the league. GIRUY

6 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

And yet we’re top of the league. GIRUY

Yeah and it sums up the league. When you've been shit for two seasons it doesn't take much to get u excited. Bit like us yesterday. Solid mediocre performance but was refreshing after the dross we've been watching at times this season. Still nowhere near where we need to be though.

3 minutes ago, Luther G Presley said:

Shadwell Dog seems a bit jealous of our position at the moment, makes it even sweeter when you read stuff like that.

Jealous why? I wouldn't swap the side we've had for the past two seasons for your current side any day of the week.  Losing 4 to morton a team we beat comfortably and getting pumped off dunfermline who again we beat quite comfortably a couple of weeks back now that weve got some semblance of organisation back in our side hardly makes me think oh I wish I was a st mirren fan. I've seen you 4 times since last January and you certainly haven't made me tremble at the knees due to the fantastic football on show.  We'll come good again but it may be too late for us this season unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, Luther G Presley said:

Shadwell Dog seems a bit jealous of our position at the moment, makes it even sweeter when you read stuff like that.

I think we can summarise the Falkirk fans views as follows:

St Mirren are shite. The league is shite. St Mirren are Shite. Falkirk are Shite... but improving.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah and it sums up the league. When you've been shit for two seasons it doesn't take much to get u excited. Bit like us yesterday. Solid mediocre performance but was refreshing after the dross we've been watching at times this season. Still nowhere near where we need to be though.

We have played some poor games but we have played some great games also in style would love that in every game but the majority of the squad is young so poor games will happen. We have also missed three key players missing for most of the first quarter so we are going to get stronger.  Dunfermline are the best team i have seen this season but clearly they cant play great every week. Dundee United should run away with the league given their budget but their not. At the start of the season any Saints fan would take top four and stil do for the moment we are enjoying  the ride. 

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jealous why? I wouldn't swap the side we've had for the past two seasons for your current side any day of the week.  Losing 4 to morton a team we beat comfortably and getting pumped off dunfermline who again we beat quite comfortably a couple of weeks back now that weve got some semblance of organisation back in our side hardly makes me think oh I wish I was a st mirren fan. I've seen you 4 times since last January and you certainly haven't made me tremble at the knees due to the fantastic football on show.  We'll come good again but it may be too late for us this season unfortunately.

A quite sublime post of pure pish. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I think we can summarise the Falkirk fans views as follows:

St Mirren are shite. The league is shite. St Mirren are Shite. Falkirk are Shite... but improving.

St mirren aren't shit but they'd have probably been 4th at best a couple of seasons ago and are now top of the league so that tells you which way the standard is going.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dunfermline had a weak side when you beat them your sinking deeper in the hole with your posts 

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Dunfermline had a weak side when you beat them your sinking deeper in the hole with your posts 

Yeah they had two regulars out just like us and and a couple of squad players and they were never in the game. Even at east end we did better than u with 9 men and Houston in charge.

Lastly SD im sure you would be over the moon if you were in our position.  I remember the positive mood Falkirk were in at the start of the season you guys seriously thought you were going to be up there. Its football full of up's and downs for us all the league is not poor its competitive thankfully. 

Archived