Falkirk v St Mirren

I think what we can safely say after all this shite is it was a pretty poor game between two pretty poor sides. Very little quality on show from either team.  You can safely say that the playoffs this season will be a complete waste of time as the standard is that pish whoever finishes 2nd to 4th and gets to the final will get completely horsed by the second bottom top flight side. One side will get lucky and sneak into the top flight while the rest of us have to compete with a rejuvenated Dundee Utd next season once they've kicked out their clueless manager. For us we need to make sure we get as far up the league as possibe to recoup as much of the 400k prize money that Houston has pished down the drain on clowns like Harris.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was pretty decent for 0-0

No it really wasn't. Total hoof ball. I couldn't really understand why we resorted to long balls. We were playing right into Falkirks hands. We were bypassing our midfield, maybe lack of fitness to McGinn was the reason.

You kind of expect that playing surface to be better for young quick players but the amount of time the ball stuck between Morgan and Reilly's legs/feet shows that it just ruins matches.

Credit to Falkirk they were cutting us open later in the first half causing Eckersley and Buchanan problems we. We were lucky their finishing was woefull.

Unlucky not to sneak 3 points but i dont have too many complaints about taking 1 point with 2 unfit midfielders on a horrible pitch.Worst I've seen us all season.

Difference is,   we admit we played shit while some of your fans have claimed it to be your best performance of the season. Table doesn't lie,  we're currently the best team in the league and you are currently the 2nd shitiest. Deal with it.

Ha they're not even good at being shite....2nd prize.

What the hell is up with these absolute Paisley gadgies?

A more than acceptable battling 0-0 away at one of the pre season favourites, who are prime candidates for the new manager bounce, and they're absolutely furious*. All over the shop telling us how muck we are, and laughing at comments stating that was our best performance so far. Extraordinary. Take the point and move on, chaps.

Hint: despite being no more than acceptable to fair, it was our best performance so far, and yes, we've been rotten up till now. The two may be linked. Do you see?

*with a couple of exceptions.

Yeah it was the pitch. That's why the majority of players on show from both sides were shit. Give me a muddy tatty field any day of the week.

Get a good groundsman and your pitch would be fine.

Ffs Morton have a good pitch it can't be that hard.

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Sometimes it takes a few months to turn a pig's ear into a silk purse.  Alex Rae's legacy inherited by JR was a truly stinky shitty stick.

No ill will intended to you personally Mr Dust (or to Falkirk FC) but IMO Paul Hartley is a donkey's penis who will ultimately turn out to be a bad choice as a manager. 

Time will tell re Hartley but a manager with three promotions and a top 6 finish in the top league with a club the size of ours, kinda suggests he either carries a lot of luck or knows a thing or two

2 hours ago, Fony Titz said:

Hartley isn't having to fix an Alex Rae squad.

Nope, debatable what was worse tho taking over a very much similar unbalanced squad with 6 centre halves on decent money, too many defensive snail paced central midfielders and probably two strikers out of five that with either ability or could last 90 mins and one of the two is currently AWOL  

The fact Hartley trusted a 17yr old who no one knew much to make his debut shows how much faith he has in what cards he has been left to play with

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Time will tell re Hartley but a manager with three promotions and a top 6 finish in the top league with a club the size of ours, kinda suggests he either carries a lot of luck or knows a thing or two

Nope, debatable what was worse tho taking over a very much similar unbalanced squad with 6 centre halves on decent money, too many defensive snail paced central midfielders and probably two strikers out of five that with either ability or could last 90 mins and one of the two is currently AWOL  

The fact Hartley trusted a 17yr old who no one knew much about shows how much faith he has in what cards he has been left to play with

What's the story with Rory Loy, has there been rumblings about personal issues and do you think he could be on the road out, given that Hartley released him from Dundee.

Loy has signed a 2 year deal so will Hartley kind of have his hand forced to play him if he previously didn't rate him.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

What's the story with Rory Loy, has there been rumblings about personal issues and do you think he could be on the road out, given that Hartley released him from Dundee.

Loy has signed a 2 year deal so will Hartley kind of have his hand forced to play him if he previously didn't rate him.

He's back training on Monday, I don't think Hartley is the type of manager who would play someone because his hand is forced. 

Time will tell re Loy but Loy has the attributes Hartley likes and demands from his players

The fact Hartley trusted a 17yr old who no one knew much to make his debut shows how much faith he has in what cards he has been left to play with

For all Saints fans hate Hartley I appreciate he is a good manager. He was top of my wish list to replace JR when he had his brief holiday romance with Dundee in the summer. He will do you a job no doubt.

It's all very subjective about how bad our squad was last year compared to yours this year. Houston had you as a competitive team in the last 2 seasons and had a slow start to this season but the core of your squad remained. While Rae had just managed to keep us safe but then re-signed the same players and allowed them to become worse bolstered by the likes or Tom Walsh, Ryan Hardie and Kyle fucking Hutton.

For all Hartley has had to turn to a youngster, JR was doing the same with McGennis and Maccalister last season as well as trying to revive Mallan and Morgans fledgling careers which had been "Rae'd".

I think Hartley has a better starting point than JR had but who really knows.

We were the best at being shite last while as I pointed out earlier you're 2nd best at it this season [emoji6]

Only a Saints v Falkirk thread can get to the point of arguing over who's shite team was the shitest [emoji23][emoji23]

A very decent point away from home yesterday, think most would’ve taken that before the game.

Regardless of how bad Falkirk have been thus far, they have one of the better squads in the division and TFS is always a tough place to go.

It’s a tight league & any team could beat another on their day, doesn’t make the standard shite but means teams are of similar ability & makes for a close competitive league, which can only be a good thing.

Still top of the league which is pleasing with a big game coming up next Saturday.

COYS

A very decent point away from home yesterday, think most would’ve taken that before the game.

Regardless of how bad Falkirk have been thus far, they have one of the better squads in the division and TFS is always a tough place to go.

It’s a tight league & any team could beat another on their day, doesn’t make the standard shite but means teams are of similar ability & makes for a close competitive league, which can only be a good thing.

Still top of the league which is pleasing with a big game coming up next Saturday.

COYS

Sensible balanced post. Something of a rarity in this thread [emoji122]

1 hour ago, Fony Titz said:

Get a good groundsman and your pitch would be fine.

Ffs Morton have a good pitch it can't be that hard.

There's feck all wrong with the pitch we've got. Funny how we've hardly had any complaints from any sides about it in the few years that it's been there but  any grumbling always come from sides that get beat or under perform.  It cost us circa 600k which is probably more than any other pitch in this league and is easily the best artificial surface in the leagues.

42 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

COYS

The standard is shite. Yes it'll be closer this season but the winners this season won't be a patch on the team that came 3rd two seasons ago that's simply a  fact. 

43 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

COYS

Good post.

Not sure what all the angst on this thread is about.

One team who have been struggling all season played one of their best games for a while, whilst one team that's top of the league on merit had one of their poorest games for a while.

A war of attrition ensued with neither set of fans experiencing any great deal of excitement during a pretty boring 0-0 draw.

31 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

For all Saints fans hate Hartley I appreciate he is a good manager. He was top of my wish list to replace JR when he had his brief holiday romance with Dundee in the summer. He will do you a job no doubt.

It's all very subjective about how bad our squad was last year compared to yours this year. Houston had you as a competitive team in the last 2 seasons and had a slow start to this season but the core of your squad remained. While Rae had just managed to keep us safe but then re-signed the same players and allowed them to become worse bolstered by the likes or Tom Walsh, Ryan Hardie and Kyle fucking Hutton.

For all Hartley has had to turn to a youngster, JR was doing the same with McGennis and Maccalister last season as well as trying to revive Mallan and Morgans fledgling careers which had been "Rae'd".

I think Hartley has a better starting point than JR had but who really knows.

We were the best at being shite last while as I pointed out earlier you're 2nd best at it this season emoji6.png

Only a Saints v Falkirk thread can get to the point of arguing over who's shite team was the shitest emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I don't think you could get such an imbalanced squad than ours if you tried, no fullbacks, playing four centre halves as a back four, one naturally right sided as a left back and the rest of the imbalance described earlier. 

As for slow start, nearly hitting November and we haven't started yet

28 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Obvious Ross set up st mirren for a point and perhaps sneak it

Better squads with 6 centre halves. 6 central midfielders and currently one striker and we have won once in the league since February at home.

The standard this season is poor, would you pay again to watch yesterday's game again ?

The standard is shite. Yes it'll be closer this season but the winners this season won't be a patch on the team that came 3rd two seasons ago that's simply a  fact. 

I don’t think the standard is much worse than previous years tbh. It’s more competitive & there’s not 1 or 2 clear favourites but the standard is much the same.

I’ve certainly seen some very entertaining football at St. Mirren Park this season. The link up play between Morgan, Smith & Reilly has been a joy to watch at times this season.

Archived