Falkirk v St Mirren

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t think We will catch St Mirren but we won’t be any further points behind than we currently are.

Such a shame to see such a poor team at the top of the table this season.

Really we have wasted our best opportunity for automatic promotion this season.

I think you can probably stave off Brechin. Can't see you catching ICT though.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bearsen_buddie said:

I don't really know what that is based on tho. i assume pretty much just cause it is St Mirren and you would imagine we would not be able to keep up this kind of run, but we have over the peace so far been pretty consistent,  yes we weren't  up to our best today by any means, but that doesn't reflect all our games as a whole up till now. At this point in the season last year hibs had less points, less victories and less goals than we have right now.

I don't think hibs had been hammered twice either by now though. 

Falkirk fans comments today remind me of us this time last season if we managed to have the better of a game without winning. Typically how are they where they are, we were much better, so and so is pish etc, etc. Yes we were not at our best today but we got the point at a place that plenty won't since you changed managers. Take a look at the table, it doesn't lie and it's points like this when you have a 100% perfect home record that wins you a league.

40 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Maybe he got from lee miller and kris Boyd only difference he doesn’t through himself to the ground looking for free kicks all the time

Don't remember him ever playing alongside either.

Incidentally, Miller doesn't jump into defenders, he challenges for high balls and wins most of them; he is however very adept at winning free kicks, I'll give you that! Miller's whole career has been built on that style but, as far as I know, Reilly's hasn't hence the observation that it's coaching that's introduced it.

I think you can probably stave off Brechin. Can't see you catching ICT though.

Based on their last two performances, ICT look like they are on the up.

I would not be surprised if both ICT and Falkirk made the playoffs this season which could make it all the more uncomfortable for the poorer teams at the top end of the table.

It’s also only a matter of time before Dundee United shift their awful manager so I would expect them to make a push depending on who they bring in.

A lot can still happen between now and the end of the season.

Poor performance and a poor game to watch.

Just wish cammy Smith had took that chance at the end 1st time rather than take a touch allowing the gk to close him down.

Draw was fair result no real quality in the game from either side

I thought it was pretty decent for 0-0

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Today wasn’t very good. It was bit of passing followed by floaty pish into Samson. Samson didn’t have a thing to do all day.

Doesn’t bode well.

Nobody's saying it was 'good', but it was better than we've had so far. It's going to take time but the signs are there.

22 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Was it 3 or 4 month till Ross got his first league win ?

Turning up for 2 months of the 7 month doesn't and never will say miracle worker to me.

I'm pretty sure we won't wait 3-4 month under Hartley to win a league game 

Sometimes it takes a few months to turn a pig's ear into a silk purse.  Alex Rae's legacy inherited by JR was a truly stinky shitty stick.

No ill will intended to you personally Mr Dust (or to Falkirk FC) but IMO Paul Hartley is a donkey's penis who will ultimately turn out to be a bad choice as a manager. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well quite simply, Hibs had a better, bigger squad of players and were more equipped to continue to grind out results over a season. I don't believe anyone in this league is currently capable of that. And your run now is not really any different to Mortons last season. It took them all the way till well into the new year before they utterly humiliated themselves,

Mortons run by this point last season was nothing  like st mirrens right now, 15 points they had after 10 games  4 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. We are currently sitting on 22 points with 7 wins 2 defeats and 1 draw. Im not sure how those are similar

2 minutes ago, Bearsen_buddie said:

Mortons run by this point last season was nothing  like st mirrens right now, 15 points they had after 10 games  4 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. We are currently sitting on 22 points with 7 wins 2 defeats and 1 draw. Im not sure how those are similar

IMO ST Mirren are the best team we've played so far, yet we more than held our own. I expected more from your forwards but I thought that our defenders coped well with them throughout. Hopefully that's because our defence played well and not because your forwards were poor.

I thought all of your wee, nippy, young guys all look the part and they may just be the difference for you this season.

Are you for real? ?  Big teams looked happy with a point and Jack Baird and Buchanan dealt with everything Falkirk had to offer we had the best chance to win game at the end through smith and should have won as Falkirk were there for the taking.

In the entire second half I don’t think I saw Buchanan win more than 2 headers against Austin. The two he did win he was about piggybacking Fash.

Don’t really see that as dealing with everything we threw at you.

If that’s the quality that it takes to sit at the top of the league then it goes to show the lack of quality in the league this term.

No one is seriously saying St Mirren don't deserve to be top of the league at the moment but the reality is they are marginally the best of a very mediocre bunch.

A long, long way to go before we get any true idea who will make up the top four.

Archived