Falkirk v St Mirren

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh decent point on the face of it.

Disappointing that we don't seem to be firing on all cylinders just now but we played poor at Dunfermline & Morton and took 2 pumpings. Clean sheet is most welcome as is Megennis's return to the team.

Sounds like 2 points dropped for Falkirk though.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

In the end really disappointed not to win that. From 25 minutes on we dominated that and the second half in particular we were the better team by miles.

Really pleasing to see the style starting to shift towards presumably what Hartley wants. He got his subs right IMO today and how good is it to see an academy player who hasnt even been on the bench before make his debut and actually look dangerous.

Special mention to the defence and fullbacks in particular who werent in the least bit troubled by Morgan or anyone else.

Really positive stuff but ultimately should have won.

I don't think we were under any pressure at all in the second half. I thought a point was very fair. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

There werent many clear chances but it was one way traffic and it was pretty much only poor decisions on the final ball that stopped us from making the breakthrough IMO. Believe me if you are a Falkirk fan seeing us dominate a midfield and try to move the ball forward quickly is a massive breath of fresh air.

Specially considering after the first ten minutes I was sure we were going to get hounded in midfield. The higher energy pressure stuff that I associate with your midfiled seemed to be coming from us, which in turn has to be coming from Hartley.

I was quite impressed with Falkirk to be fair even though there was nothing clean cut in the 2nd half. Certainly a good time to go to TFS was today as there will be an upturn in results around the corner you'd feel. 

Said before the game that I would take a point and nothing about today changed that opinion.  

Samson had nothing to do all afternoon. For all it was “one-way traffic” apparently, they went nowhere with it. Smith should’ve won it at the end there, thought he gave the left back a hard time in the second half.

Hartley taking Austin off was a strange one considering how many problems he was causing Buchanan.

The sooner Magennis can last the 90 mins the better, Kirkpatrick is a passenger.

Decent point that and a clean sheet to boot. Game sounded brutal, but that's ok. We don't need to win at places like Falkirk to win the league.

Now for revenge against that Greenock shower next week in Paisley.

Disappointed not to win the game but delighted with the performance. Even though we didn’t get the win it was a big improvement from last week and I’d say was probably our best performance in the league so far.

The formation really worked and especially after Harris went off thought we were starting to look more dangerous. Another solid defensive display and that’s 4 clean sheets in a row, great save at the end by Thomson to keep Smith out, and we just need to start taking our chances when they come.

Really impressed by Ciaran Dunne today as well. A player who you’d imagine wouldn’t have got close to the team under Houston was given a big chance today and he was really positive and direct. Probably should’ve done better with his chance but was unlucky that he stood on the ball. A lot better than Alex Harris was anyway.

I think if we keep on playing like that it’s only a matter of time before the results and goals come.

Hartley taking Austin off was a strange one considering how many problems he was causing Buchanan.

Austin was injured, he was signalling about his hamstring minutes before he went off.

That was like night and day compared to last week with Hartley obviously now having an influence.

The defence is looking solid and credit to Houstie big Balatoni and McGhee look great signings.

Just need to get things going up top and we'll start climbing the table. Young Dunne looks decent and once we get Loy, Sibbs and Tommy T back we should be fine.

As 0-0 games go that was not bad. A wee bit more composure in front of goal and we would have won by a couple. Smashing debut for young Dunne. Too many wasted passes from Kerr though.
Now would it be too much to ask that we get an update on Sibbald and Loy?

Typical championship game where there really isn't much between anyone, if St mirren had won, I'd have felt they perhaps robbed it of which they could've.

We perhaps sneaked it as a boxing match but that means heehaw. Our link play in the last third probably the costing of 2pts for us, Austin chance and his failure to pass the ball across to Craigen and A.nother clear when he out ran Eckersley.

An improvement but we need Loy and perhaps Sibbald to improve us as an attacking force and perhaps a window to wheel and deal.

Good to see Dunne, a player that no one really knew much about to make his debut, that sort of thing has been missing from our club under the Houston regime, its ability and mentality above how they are doing in the development league, Shepherd could score 300 development goals and never be good enough as far as I'm concerned.

A fair mention to our good cop bad cop management team and Jimmy Nicholl can whistle too

I think today confirmed that it's not going to take anything brilliant to win the league this season which makes our poor form of far this season all the more galling. We've played the two top teams in the past 3 games and both are a million miles away from the standard of side we've competed with at the top over the last two seasons. Unfortunately by the time Hartley gets us up to full steam , sibbald gets fit and Loy returns from narnia we'll have too much to do although I wouldn't rule out sneaking into the playoffs. Typical Falkirk though when our team of two seasons ago would've scooshed this league and I would have fancied last years team to perhaps sneak

must admit it was refreshing to see the young lad dune make his debut and get stuck in. Far better than that imposter Harris. Also puts to bed any worries that Hartley won't play with width.

Archived