Falkirk v St Mirren

14 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Category A match apparently and so is the Dunfermline game so can't get the free tickets till the Morton game now.
Seems odd to have tiered games in a league this small when most teams are a similar size (compared to the Falkirk promotion juggernaut of course)

Imagine classing those two no-marks as Category A. Minter from us tbh.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Will Rory Loy (0/12) be playing? Will be interesting to get a direct comparison between him and Gavin Reilly (10/16).

I will never allow myself to forget how wrong I was about those two signings in the summer.

Has Loy played 12 games for us ?

35 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Will Rory Loy (0/12) be playing? Will be interesting to get a direct comparison between him and Gavin Reilly (10/16).

I will never allow myself to forget how wrong I was about those two signings in the summer.

Long way to go yet this season. Loys a top player when he's on his game. Hopefully he'll get his shit sorted out and be back firing on all cylinders very soon.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Long way to go yet this season. Loys a top player when he's on his game. Hopefully he'll get his shit sorted out and be back firing on all cylinders very soon.

A lot of rumours floating about that Loy regrets not joining up with JR in Paisley, seemingly looking for a way out of Falkirk already I hear.

3 minutes ago, McG said:

A lot of rumours floating about that Loy regrets not joining up with JR in Paisley, seemingly looking for a way out of Falkirk already I hear.

Is that a solid rumour, or just a quick glance at the league table and goalscorers' chart? :P

4 minutes ago, McG said:

The commute is killing him from Anniesland to Grangemouth and yes he does indeed regret signing for Falkirk for an extra 2 ton a week lol.

Is there any chance Loy's problems are related to the new manager? Was there potentially issues there at Dundee?

Loy is a really good player at this level. He was great for us last season and I was gutted we missed out on him. I'm surprised how it's gone at Falkirk, I expected him to do really well there. Still could I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Frustrating as hell being where we are and knowing a player of his quality is not taking part. Also frustrating not knowing why or when it will get sorted but since the talk seems to be its personal issues its best that he takes as long as he needs. Playing for us is only his job after all. Best he waits till he is able to do it to the best of his ability.

If that's true, re personal issues, then I absolutely hope he gets over it, just as I would if we had a player who was struggling in that way.

I'm sure it'll be fine: Hartley always struck me as a wonderful man-manager, the kind of guy who could put an arm round the shoulder of a struggling player and guide him to find his confidence and reach new heights... :unsure2:

Is there any chance Loy's problems are related to the new manager? Was there potentially issues there at Dundee?
Loy is a really good player at this level. He was great for us last season and I was gutted we missed out on him. I'm surprised how it's gone at Falkirk, I expected him to do really well there. Still could I suppose.

Nah it’s not that. He’s not been right for a while now. Even when he was playing he didn’t look fit/focused. I don’t think theirs anything bad between Hartley or Loy. He didn’t play there due to the likes of Hemmings and Stewart being a class above.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

nowt to do with him being at falkirk. Hasn't looked right since the league season started .

I dunno, you could argue there might be a link there. :lol:

January - fine

February - fine

March - fine

April - fine

May - fine

June - holiday

July - shite

August - shite

September - shite

October - shite

Can anybody spot the correlation?! :P

Loy looked good in the silly summer cup thing, great off the ball running and link up play.

Would also say he  looked up for it at Paisley before he got his ribs softened.

If it is issues away from football that are now behind his absence then we can only be patient and hope that his problems are resolved for the best.

40 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Loy looked good in the silly summer cup thing, great off the ball running and link up play.

Would also say he  looked up for it at Paisley before he got his ribs softened.

If it is issues away from football that are now behind his absence then we can only be patient and hope that his problems are resolved for the best.

Agreed. Wish nothing but the best for the lad. He was absolutely up for it last season and really looked like he was enjoying his football. 

Strange that only a few months ago most St. Mirren fans were lamenting the replacement of Loy with Gav Reilly and there's not a single one who would make that straight swap now. 

In fact, Reilly is a good comparison to Loy for a player whose confidence is low for whatever reason looking like a completely different player at a different club.

Loy was looking great right up until he got injured in our game against yourselves. Always good to get clarity as to why a player, especially someone that should be one of our best, is not available for selection, but if it's something deeper and personal off the field, then it doesn't need to be aired out for all to see as that could make things worse. Just hope he's on the mend from whatever it may be.

I wouldnt say Loy was all that in the cup but he was building up to be with his performances to fit right back in and looked to be forming a great partnership with Austin.

I never got the fully fit argument, he didnt look totally unfit not to be on the bench at least, tho as suggested personal problems, thats a different ball game in which everyone is different in whats best for them. 

Goals win games and without Loy our attack is down 50% on ability wise if not more being left with an ageing Miller, a raw Austin, a yet to prove himself O'Hara and I suppose I need to add Shepherd, but I wont say what I think of his ability.

Its very easy to see why we are struggling for goals reading the above on paper, we may even see Hartley look up top come January 

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I dunno, you could argue there might be a link there. :lol:

January - fine

February - fine

March - fine

April - fine

May - fine

June - holiday

July - shite

August - shite

September - shite

October - shite

Can anybody spot the correlation?! :P

Don't think he's played a game in October so u can't really say he's been shite. Some news from the  club clarifying the situation would be very welcome as it's now been 3 games since Smith said he had the week off due to him not being well. Perhaps Pravda tv could ask the question in this week's pre match interview as people are bound to be wondering why he's not facing his old club.

Archived