Falkirk v St Mirren

2 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Living on past glories,  I take it you went to the rain soaked b and q cup final at motherwell when we played the bairns off the park and then capitulated 2nd half losing 3 nil in a Richard cadette  inspired team performance ?

Yeah. You wanna copy of the programme?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Mate i have every confidence in Jack Ross  he is one clever chap doing his home work , however i have every respect for Falkirk. 

Jack Ross can do all the homework he wants, I'm pretty sure Hartley has no idea of his starting 11 or formation as it stands.

2 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Living on past glories,  I take it you went to the rain soaked b and q cup final at motherwell when we played the bairns off the park and then capitulated 2nd half losing 3 nil in a Richard cadette  inspired team performance ?

Great day out in a typical Scottish day, by all accounts Jefferies had Cadette by the throat at half time, so you have old school management to blame

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You have lost 8 goals in 4 away games though which suggests you could do with him asap.

Fortunately we've got into a habit of scoring more than we concede, albeit more at home than away.

However, as you suggest a fit Davis would improve our defence.

Lewis Morgan has a quiet couple of games. Your playing surface will suit him.

Is the guy he had in his back pocket last time still getting a game for you?

2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Hartley to set up a team which will firmly stick the boaby up the Paisley scum. 

I thought we did a cracking job in the first game of the season, Lewis Morgan and Gav Reilly really did stick the boaby up the Falkirk mutants.:rolleyes:

Absolutely no reason why we can't win this one and win it well. Hopefully Hartley can figure out our best team through the week and Loy and Sibbald are back from injury. Should be a good crowd, maybe as much as 5,500 if St Mirren bring over 1000. Given Utd and Pars have come to TFS recently and barely managed a shot on target between them, a St Mirren win would surely be a massive boost to their title ambitions. Looking forward to Saturday, should be a good game. 

I can think of 11 reasons why we can’t win.

10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Fortunately we've got into a habit of scoring more than we concede, albeit more at home than away.

However, as you suggest a fit Davis would improve our defence.

Lewis Morgan has a quiet couple of games. Your laying surface will suit him.

Is the guy he had in his back pocket last time still getting a game for you?

No Jordan Mcghee has played left back for the past 3 games. I'd like to think that he wont be as averse to booting morgan into row z as Gallacher was. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The bottom line is these c***s had Mark Yardley playing for them. For years tae. Get them hounded Hartley.

What did you not like about Yardley the man was a goal machine. I remember my father-in-law going on about Yardley when playing for Livingston juniors scoring goals for fun. They let him go to Cowdenbeath for peanuts where he continued to score for fun . Joined us in 1995 till 2003 scoring 42 goals. Great striker and a top man. 

29 minutes ago, Trump said:

Another Falkirk clean sheet inevitable IMO. Just whether we manage to sneak a win or not.

Not made a prediction but what i can tell you is we will score however you might also it will come down to who scores the most. Midfield and forwards is our strong points the best we have had in years. 

Not made a prediction but what i can tell you is we will score however you might also it will come down to who scores the most. Midfield and forwards is our strong points the best we have had in years. 

I'm just having fun. There is no way we will keep a clean sheet in this game. We are probably at the stage you were at when Ross took over Rae's team.

Hartley will be some miracle worker if he manages to sort out last weeks debacle against ICT in time for this game. We are all over the place in terms of quality, confidence, out of form etc etc. Should have lost that 4 or 5 nil. John Baird being so s***e was our only saviour. If St.Mirren have a couple of composed strikers then there will only be one winner!! Houston has left us in a right mess!!

Category A match apparently and so is the Dunfermline game so can't get the free tickets till the Morton game now.
Seems odd to have tiered games in a league this small when most teams are a similar size (compared to the Falkirk promotion juggernaut of course)

10 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Category A match apparently and so is the Dunfermline game so can't get the free tickets till the Morton game now.
Seems odd to have tiered games in a league this small when most teams are a similar size (compared to the Falkirk promotion juggernaut of course)

Knowing our bod they'll be hoping that everyone will have forgotten all about it by then.

21 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

My first ever Falkirk game. Good times.

Archived