Stranraer v The Kirkcaldy Juggernauts

47 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

just replying to rovers lad post saying Game Off. On stranraers website it does not say when that was posted however as its very recent it could be taken to mean tonight which i did. So whats all this about GAME OFF then or is it a wind up.l:thumbsdown

Thats my forecast for game this Saturday

Off

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be a numbers game:
Every time we get the ball it should be quickly passed into Vaughan, Buchanan or Spence, or crossed into the box (from anywhere), or if need be shooting from distance. 
We shouldn't try to "walk" the ball in or attempt the perfect team passing move.
Stranraer aren't going to get too many chances.  
Easy win if we follow the plan.

2 hours ago, expatowner said:

This should be a numbers game:
Every time we get the ball it should be quickly passed into Vaughan, Buchanan or Spence, or crossed into the box (from anywhere), or if need be shooting from distance. 
We shouldn't try to "walk" the ball in or attempt the perfect team passing move.
Stranraer aren't going to get too many chances.  
Easy win if we follow the plan.

One thing i will say about raith fans. They are a confident bunch. 

13 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

It was a more a concern with a water logged pitch than a frozen one (especially after last time!)

Heavy snow last night along with sleet hail and rain during the night. More rain is forecasted today. Hopefully friday is a windy and dry day to dry out the pitch a bit. Both clubs will be desperate to get this played on a Saturday instead of a midweek fixture. 

Watched the highlights from the Stranraer-Airdrie game at the weekend and the pitch looked seriously bumpy, even giving a good old-fashioned assist to one of Stranraer’s goals by bobbling over the diving goalie. If it’s on, it’ll be a battle rather than a game of football.

Fair play to Stranraer for steadying the ship though, after the game at Stark’s I thought they’d be lucky to win another game, and they lost a few players after that too. Think this will be a harder game than many think.

10 minutes ago, Paco said:

Watched the highlights from the Stranraer-Airdrie game at the weekend and the pitch looked seriously bumpy, even giving a good old-fashioned assist to one of Stranraer’s goals by bobbling over the diving goalie. If it’s on, it’ll be a battle rather than a game of football.

Fair play to Stranraer for steadying the ship though, after the game at Stark’s I thought they’d be lucky to win another game, and they lost a few players after that too. Think this will be a harder game than many think.

Agreed, expecting a nervy shitfest of a performance from the Rovers, here. 

52 minutes ago, Paco said:

I think barr a few, everyone knows that this is going to be exceedingly difficult. Park (if games goes ahead) is a field and will be a huge leveller. It will likely be a battle and be a 'field' day for defending, tackling, punting etc. Getting the first goal will be crucial I think.

Archived