Stranraer v The Kirkcaldy Juggernauts

Aye too many teams. Raith merge with east fife. Cowden with dunfermline. 50 miles from ayr. 85miles from glasgow. Not far its the road south of ayr which is bad. Dundee is about 81miles from glasgow..

Wouldn't worry about it mate. You lads have it worse than anyone so not sure why he's complaining. Scotland would only have too many senior teams if the teams were struggling to survive, which obviously isn't the case at all.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Aye too many teams. Raith merge with east fife. Cowden with dunfermline. 50 miles from ayr. 85miles from glasgow. Not far its the road south of ayr which is bad. Dundee is about 81miles from glasgow..

This.

Days like today highlight just how bad our transport links are. The forgotten corner of Scotland.

16 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Stranraer cant make a decision on whether the game could be cancelled,thats up to the Ref.

Yeah but what I’m saying is that this should be scrapped. It’s not rocket science to look at the weather forecast and judge accordingly. Better off that, than what we had to witness this afternoon.

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Well we got the see a worldie free kick from Vaughan. Sadly it won’t count as his 18th of the season though. The rain literally hasn’t stopped since we left at half 10 this morning. 

What is frustrating is that everyone knew the forecast. Stranraer surely had a duty to just say look, the weather is to be really really bad into the afternoon. Let’s cancel it and rearrange for another time? Just seems like such a waste of everyone’s time. I know they would be looking to get some money obviously and hospitality etc. But it is a right pain in the arse because the town is so far away from every other town in Scotland. 

For a country our size we have too many teams. But that’s an argument for another day. 

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Yeah but what I’m saying is that this should be scrapped. It’s not rocket science to look at the weather forecast and judge accordingly. Better off that, than what we had to witness this afternoon.

No. what you were saying was, Stranraer should have somehow got it cancelled.

4 minutes ago, Moonball said:

No. what you were saying was, Stranraer should have somehow got it cancelled.

Ignorance on my part, but I think you catch my drift. What the club could have done was get a referee in earlier (a local or whatever) and inspect the pitch, taking in full consideration the weather that was forecast for this afternoon. 

To make things worse the  A77 is flooded about five miles north of Stranraer. Police not letting cars through after a flooded engine and another car stuck in the middle. Hopefully  able to do something to avoid a ridiculous diversion.
Not a good day for anyone who's travelled to this one.
Any statto know the last game that was abandoned at Stair Park?

We had a game postponed with a half 2 call off 4 seasons ago due to a waterlogged pitch we were stuck in a traffic jam at the ferry point due to a jack knived lorry never even got to the ground lol 2 hours and a good few beers in Girvan made the call off bearable

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Ignorance on my part, but I think you catch my drift. What the club could have done was get a referee in earlier (a local or whatever) and inspect the pitch, taking in full consideration the weather that was forecast for this afternoon. 

A local referee’s thoughts counts for nothing.

Forfar had a local ref rule Station Park playable one mid-morning when we were visiting. The real one called it off at 2pm, barely giving us enough time to nip down to Perth instead to see St. Mirren lose. 

Same farce at Dumfries - a pitch playable at 1pm mysteriously became more frozen after an hour of sunshine.

The biggest shambles was the time Rovers Scottish Cup quarter final against Inverness was called off with a frozen park.

I was already halfway up when the decision was made at breakfast, but ploughed on as I had a hotel booked, to discover the city was basking in St Lucia like conditions. Bizarre.

8 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Any statto know the last game that was abandoned at Stair Park?

I was at St mirren stranraer at stair park around 95 ish and it was called off during game as there was a proper monsoon we were huddled  in the small stand opposite main stand. 

4 hours ago, Wardy said:

Understand where your coming from and I was going to add that regards a local ref inspecting the pitch but it could have playable at the time he inspected pitch and how often has weather forecast been wrong or right for that matter

Rovers saying they are in discussions with Stranraer about admission costs for re arranged fixture. Isn't it the case that if the game fails to reach HT they have to give refunds or vouchers for the re arranged game?

How many fans travelled to the game?

The comments on Facebook are priceless - "will the game be replayed or not?" No gadge, we'll just play 35 games this season.

Some other nutter going on about u-12s playing in a mud bath in Bathgate so just get on with it. Aye mate, thanks for that.

Someone who thinks we get given a ticket when we enter a ground.

You get the impression that some of these Facebook folk have never attended a game.

Still, at least they're not Steak and Gravy. Who is definitely not that fucking eejit zicoromaines.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

How many fans travelled to the game?

The comments on Facebook are priceless - "will the game be replayed or not?" No gadge, we'll just play 35 games this season.

Some other nutter going on about u-12s playing in a mud bath in Bathgate so just get on with it. Aye mate, thanks for that.

Someone who thinks we get given a ticket when we enter a ground.

You get the impression that some of these Facebook folk have never attended a game.

Still, at least they're not Steak and Gravy. Who is definitely not that fucking eejit zicoromaines.

A Stranraer club representative came over to wish all a safe journey home and inform all that the clubs were in discussion to offer reduced prices for the replayed game.

Fair play to the guy, however some purple faced arsehole from our support could only repeat tourettes style 'that's no fucking good enough' to the extent that Bodge would have been embarrassed.

Aye, I left at the point where Alan Young and the boy from Stranraer were over being covered in slavers by a bundle of mungles.

Make no mistake, there should've been better organisation from Stranraer. There was always a high likelihood that the game wouldn't be played to a finish, they should've been dishing out vouchers or similar at entry.

It's not Stranraer's fault that they're far away, but discounted entry to a midweek replay is scant compensation for the majority who travelled down. It's fifteen quid that I won't see again.

Aye, I left at the point where Alan Young and the boy from Stranraer were over being covered in slavers by a bundle of mungles.

Make no mistake, there should've been better organisation from Stranraer. There was always a high likelihood that the game wouldn't be played to a finish, they should've been dishing out vouchers or similar at entry.

It's not Stranraer's fault that they're far away, but discounted entry to a midweek replay is scant compensation for the majority who travelled down. It's fifteen quid that I won't see again.

I'll see if I can wangle an overnights stay with work down that way. I will reluctantly accept the reduced prices for entrance but will be thinking of my fellow fans. Especially the 'bundle of mungles'.

42 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Bizarre to see a Rovers fan complain about Scotland having too many clubs tbh. If there ever was a cull then the wee team would be absorbed by the real team in Fife, the mighty Dunfermline Atheltic.

:lol: I'm looking forward to the responses to this. Steakngravy is probably smashing out a 1872 style statement right at this moment.

Archived