Stranraer v The Kirkcaldy Juggernauts

2 hours ago, Itsoorbaw said:

How did angus Beith play ? Seen he’s scored 6 goals now . Surprised Hearts have not called him back . 

Farrell said at full time that he and Beith were happy working together and that he was speaking to Hearts and was hopeful of keeping him for the rest of the season

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

I will pass your comment on to them, 2 commentators actually. And they are both scottish not russian my friend.:thumbsdown

Ha ha , enough fake news from BBC Scotland that Russia would be proud of 

5 hours ago, Big Berk said:

Looks like the bawbags in the Ayr support who were supremely confident  a  month ago  are already gettting tobered up again...

I've no idea why they'd be supremely confident, that's the league been over 3 times this season and we're not out of January.

Neither team is that much better than the rest that they can assume it's over with a 5 or 10 point lead until we're into the latter stages of the season.

I've no idea why they'd be supremely confident, that's the league been over 3 times this season and we're not out of January.
Neither team is that much better than the rest that they can assume it's over with a 5 or 10 point lead until we're into thge latter stages of the season.

Both teams are absolute bottlers.

We’ve both been top twice and had chances to pull away but we can’t take them.

Arbroath will walk this league.

My point is how do you know the tactics, the team selection and the positioning were wrong if you weren't there? How do you know that we needed someone on in midfield who could run at the opponents? How do you know Court should have replaced Buchanan at half time? How do you know that our midfield should have been more positive and should have tried shooting at goal themselves instead of trying to pass to our strikers so that they could walk the ball in to the net?
I wasn't at the game and because of that I have no opinion on what went wrong. 
And that is where you should be but you won't because you just can't help yourself. 
Spot on.
Can i not base a opinion on live match commentary which is very accurate.??? Or is it that many fans have no faith in what our commentators say over the whole game. Granted you have not passed comment but did you listen to the live commentary??? You can gain a reasonable opinion from that. And for what its worth our guys are not blinkered, they say it as they see it for or against our players.
The biggest part of their commentary today was long punts up field which the 2 center mids could win all day long. Our first shot on goal came after 37 minutes even though we spent some time in stranraer penalty box. Its like a jigsaw, piece it together and you can form a opinion.
I was there and the problem came from our horrendous tactics. We brought on Nelly and he was the only one who looked like he wanted to take a player on. Everyone else wanted to take too many touches, cut back and play a long ball or wee dink pass which one of their full backs would cut out. FFS Hamill got motm!

I can't say I saw us spending a lot of time in their penalty box, unless that was the punts bring headered away by their big number 5. Stranraer easily had the better chances today. Bellford's only real save was in the first half from Buchanan for the one time was actually played the ball on the deck.

I've listened to the commentary before but if they said Smith wasn't too blame for the goal then I'm not sure what they were watching. It was a simple ball which a competent keeper would deal with 10/10. Smith's cost us probably at least 6 points this season already.

Well for once i agree with you all. That was a diabolical piece of goalkeeping that led up to their goal. Something the gaffer has to rectify. But the defeat is not the end of the world. 

I guess you now know what ayr fans must have felt like when they recently lost at home to forfar

THing is we (folk who were there) told you the keeper was at fault, but you wouldn’t listen.

fwiw the keeper error covers up a truely inept performance. If we played Lennox and if he is as good as his absence has made him, we might have scrapped a 0-0 draw.

Problems were middle to front, yesterday. Stranraer started at a high tempo yesterday and we couldn’t match it till we were about 30 minutes in.

Going on the highlights the pitch doesn’t look great, but that’s to be expected in winter in Scotland.

That goal is a fucking disaster for us.

I’m going to Alloa next week, but even though they have an artificial pitch I expect another poor away performance. Possibly a goalkeeping error too.

The highlights picture quality is good on raith rovers youtube. However why is Buchanans shot saved by Belford and okohs shot on target not in it plus a few other close calls for each team. Just thought it wasnt a fair reflection on game.

Archived