Stranraer v The Kirkcaldy Juggernauts

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to next week. Never been down to see us play at Stair Park and an excellent train trip down from Glasgow! 

Think our train gets in at 1ish - Stranraer (or in the know) Rovers fans, where is the best place to drink before the game (ideally with the football on)? Also think we will get the 7pm train back so would appreciate any advice on where to grab some food (nothing fancy!) and a beer after the game too! Cheers in advance :thumsup2

13 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

:guinnessI would head for the Fitba bar,just behind Tesco’s, good quality pictures on the t vs,good beer at reasonable prices and a brisk 10 minute walk from Stair Pk,where ever you go enjoy your day,not too much though.

That is brilliant mate cheers, sounds ideal!

11 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Really looking forward to next week. Never been down to see us play at Stair Park and an excellent train trip down from Glasgow! 

Think our train gets in at 1ish - Stranraer (or in the know) Rovers fans, where is the best place to drink before the game (ideally with the football on)? Also think we will get the 7pm train back so would appreciate any advice on where to grab some food (nothing fancy!) and a beer after the game too! Cheers in advance :thumsup2

As mentioned Fitba Bar is decent these days. Handy for both the train station and the ground. Think it's one of the cheapest bars in the town too.

Next door is the Custom House for bar meals. It's your typical Belhaven pub. Nothing spectacular but fills a hole.

The blues have been a wee bit hit or miss this season but apart from a battering from the smokies,our home form has been pretty good.I think this will be a hard test for Stranraer but League 1 is throwing up some strange scores recently and the wee rovers beating RR was one of them and that gives us some hope.Our defeat at Starks Park earlier in the season was pretty emphatic but we have definitely improved since then.Alloa provided little threat at Stair Pk last Saturday,could be a cracker.

After losing to Albion Rovers it was great to see us get wins against St Mirren and Arbroath. Hopefully points to the Albion Rovers game being a one off. Our defence has been our main worry for a while now but after the 1st quarter we've only conceded 5 goals thus far. Thankfully we've been able to get Robertson back into midfield and we're still looking very good going forward. We seem to be quite happy to let the opposition have a lot of the ball, as had been seen by teams having quite a bit of possession but this in turn is causing teams to be blowing out their arses and the added benefit of us being full time has seen us look very good when games open up and we get a breakaway. Performances haven't been overly great but we're winning games whilst not being at full strength and I'll happily take winning ugly if it gets us out the league.

If ( big if ) we can play at our best then we will give Raith a run for their money , however as said before we have been a bit hit and miss so just as likely we could lose . I’ll hedge my bets and go for a score draw .

Really looking forward to Saturday, train from Glasgow at 10:30am. Never been to Stair Park either, so 1 to tick off the list. How’s the pitch with the wild weather the last few days? Or has Stranraer been ok?

Work is a mare this week. Is it not fucking saturday morning yet so I can start filling my body with greasy food, copious amounts of alcohol and travel hundred of miles to watch some men kick a ball (rather poorly at times) about some grass? I love Saturdays :thumsup2

As for the game I wouldn't be surprised if the same team starts as did last week. I think like most games this season scoring the first goal is crucial. We get it and I would expect us to win the game. Stranraer get it and it could be a sticky afternoon as  trying to break a team down with something to hold on to can be a nightmare. Hoping we get the first goal I will go for 0-2 or 1-3.

7 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Really looking forward to Saturday, train from Glasgow at 10:30am. Never been to Stair Park either, so 1 to tick off the list. How’s the pitch with the wild weather the last few days? Or has Stranraer been ok?

Aye, to follow up on this, forecast looks horrific for Saturday. Does the park drain well or if it is heavy from midnight until kick off (as currently predicted) is the game fucked?

Heavy bumpy park due to too many games on it already. Every week first team is away. South team has been on it barring the odd week since end of june.. groundsman can only do so much with the limited resources. Should drain ok barring a deluge though.

Heavy bumpy park due to too many games on it already. Every week first team is away. South team has been on it barring the odd week since end of june.. groundsman can only do so much with the limited resources. Should drain ok barring a deluge though.

Can you/some other Stranraer fan keep this thread up to date Friday/Friday night/Saturday morning regarding the weather and the likely outcome of the game being potentially postponed or going ahead. According to the BBC Weather Page, it’s pouring down Friday late afternoon onwards straight through until the Saturday evening. Long journey from Kirkcaldy to have it called off en route. Would be very much appreciated.

I really hope it does go ahead, really looking forward to the day out.

Missed every game since Ayr since getting Appendicitis and had no intention going to this at all, not overly fussed if called off.  Would be good to keep momentum up I guess though with Ayr away looming. 

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Aye echo the above comment! 

I have mentally prepared myself that it will be off - forecast looks horrrrrrrrrrrrrific!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2636719

I would think it will be ok HTC,although it is to pour down on Saturday,Stair Pk has quite a good record of staging games when the weather is bad.The areas which usually get affected are the Goalmouths and hopefully it doesn’t get that bad,not saying it won’t be off but feel confident and would rate it 9/10 to get the go ahead.:guinness

Archived