Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale v St Mirren Scottish Cup 3rd Round

shull

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I think what hibee is trying to say is, if you  keep your elbows in and if you’re a short arse you get in early, you’ll be fine. Ahhhh the romance of the cup :wub: Oh, and you’ll probably need 3 goals to win 

Clearly used an exponentially more liberal measure than whoever measured Coldstream's enclosure at 100 people, anyway :lol: :P ;).

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Fair enough the pics that I had been looking at on twitter were totally different.

Looks as if there will indeed be plenty of room for the traveling support.

2 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

so what's the biggest crowd they've had in it?

LTHV won't have had more than a few hundred in it. However it's one of the main venues for local amateur & youth finals and has been since the war, IIRC... decades ago you'd get big crowds.

Although somewhat shallower, there's far more banking than City Park had  (if nothing else this is an athletics oval not a rectangular ground and the banking is on all 4 sides instead of just 3) and it held 4-5,000 v Livi and St Mirren? It's record attendance was 10,000 or something ridiculous, too.

Capacity of 1,500 would be like standing 2 deep around the rail - or 10 deep around only 20% of ground. Masses of room.

Best of luck to LTHV.

What appeared to be a "humiliation" as they bundled Paul Hegarty's Montrose side out the cup a couple of seasons back doesn't look such a bad result given subsequent results against other league sides.

Whatever the result v St. Mirren I hope the club sorts out the issues with the ground and progresses to the LL- a level that on the park they should clearly be operating at, perhaps one higher.

Hard not to admire such a well run club giving local boys the chance to play football at a good standard- even if our cup exit was a really painful one.

:lol:

“We had another meeting on Monday just there and everyone appeared in agreement, including St Mirren,” he said.

“As far as I’m concerned everything went as well as expected.
I think they’re thinking about things like what if it is bucketing of rain. Maybe one or two directors of the club are saying to themselves ‘oh where are we going to stand’? I don’t know. As long as we have the safety aspects in place, which we will do, then I don’t see what the problem is. Police Scotland are all happy with what is going to be put in place with regard to toilets and refreshment vans and what have you.

“All the information will be on the tickets informing St Mirren fans of what end of Saughton they have to come in at. Is it the venue they are used to? No it certainly isn’t. So I don’t know where this is coming from. They have already said they want to play at Saughton, their players and manager want to.

What they should stop doing is trying to take the romantic side away from it. My guys can brag to their kids when they are older that they played St Mirren at Saughton in the Scottish Cup."

Decided to put life and limb at risk (well going by St Mirren's conclusion that Saughton isn't safe ;)). Popped into LTHV's clubroom yesterday morning and got myself a home end ticket.

They were approaching 200 mark at that point, so hopefully an ultimately decent turnout of homesters + neutrals.

St Mirren began sales to ST holders on Wednesday.

They're also running "executive buses" so fans don't need to travel themselves. Priced at £15 though... 150% the price of the match ticket :ph34r:.

EDIT: Btw, keep clear of "sterile zone" :lol:!

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43531-lothian-thistle-hutchison-vale-v-st-mirren-scottish-cup-3rd-round/&page=6

20171109_183112.thumb.jpg.08fe8b9c2bce4d

20171109_184605.thumb.jpg.3749a2bcb41ed4

Confirmation on LTHV's twitter that if Saturday's tie is postponed or drawn, the next attempt will be made the following Saturday, cancelling Glasgow Uni v LTHV in the South Challenge Cup R3 and Inverness CT v St Mirren in the SPFL Championship.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Confirmation on LTHV's twitter that if Saturday's tie is postponed or drawn, the next attempt will be made the following Saturday, cancelling Glasgow Uni v LTHV in the South Challenge Cup R3 and Inverness CT v St Mirren in the SPFL Championship.

Any idea why a replay would also be the following Saturday? Should surely be a midweek as we have lights.

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

End-up posting this every season :lol::

Upto and including R3 - 1st reattempt is next Saturday, unless both clubs agree midweek either side.

Saughton's floodlit, btw.

Fair enough, just seems silly having it at any stage if the ground the replay would be held at has lights.

Why is this round the cut-off - is it because we can't have the poor dears in the Premiership moving their fixtures around for cup replays?

Just now, Stu said:

Fair enough, just seems silly having it at any stage if the ground the replay would be held at has lights.

Why is this round the cut-off - is it because we can't have the poor dears in the Premiership moving their fixtures around for cup replays?

So early doors if St Cuthbert Wanderers v Wick went to a replay you'd have it midweek rather than following Saturday :unsure2:?

Way back in time there was some kind of agreement whereby replays between SFL clubs were midweek, but those involving non-league clubs were on weekends (although pressure and cash incentives were often brought to bear on non-league clubs). In recent decades it was from old R3 onward, where Premier and First division clubs entered - then when the cup was reorganised for 2007-08 it's been from R4 onwards. I suppose it makes a miniscule difference in that the bottom 6 clubs in what is now SPFL Championship are involved. As you say it's to avoid hitting top division matches.

At the start of the season I observed that - inexplicably - SPFL has scheduled Premiership cards for both midweeks between R4 & R5. So any postponements / replays there will clash anyway.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

So early doors if St Cuthbert Wanderers v Wick went to a replay you'd have it midweek rather than following Saturday :unsure2:?

Way back in time there was some kind of agreement whereby replays between SFL clubs were midweek, but those involving non-league clubs were on weekends (although pressure and cash incentives were often brought to bear on non-league clubs). In recent decades it was from old R3 onward, where Premier and First division clubs entered - then when the cup was reorganised for 2007-08 it's been from R4 onwards. I suppose it makes a miniscule difference in that the bottom 6 clubs in what is now SPFL Championship are involved. As you say it's to avoid hitting top division matches.

At the start of the season I observed that - inexplicably - SPFL has scheduled Premiership cards for both midweeks between R4 & R5. So any postponements / replays there will clash anyway.

If I was in charge we'd have the first round or two regionalised so it's a moot point!

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Is this really the type of game that we should be bringing back Harry Davis after a long injury??

Not for me either, I would stick with Baird / McCart/ Buchanan for this game. He's vital to our chances of promotion and for me it would be a huge risk to play him on sat.

Archived