Cowdown Countdown 2.0

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cove have 4 games-in-hand on Inverurie, are 7pts ahead of Brora and 12pts ahead of Buckie, so in quite a strong position... LL is shaping-up for 3-way race between BSCG, Spartans and EK as there's barely anything between them.

Btw, while I appreciate 'Shire is doing much worse this campaign I've watched quite a number of LL games this season involving the like of 'Shire, Spartans, Cumbernauld, Stirling Uni and EK. I can't say I've felt the standard has dropped. That wouldn't seem to be borne-out by League Cup, Irn-Bru or Scottish Cup results against other leagues compared to other seasons, either. LL emerged 5-3 "winners" over HL in R1 head-to-heads while R2 ended 1-4. Looking at where teams are in tables only BSCG losing at Buckie looks poor.

There is 1 notable difference which is that for the first time in 5 seasons no-one is running away with it and everyone is dropping points . That could be due to better competitiveness within LL, though.

At the end of the day 3 years of pyramid playoffs have shown the ties always being close (apart from Edinburgh City thrashing Cove). In part due to nerves and what's at stake, no doubt, but presumably also as bottom of SPFL2/top of HL & LL standards are pretty similar.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Fair play to Hawick RA, who have somehow managed to lose 13 out of 13 Lowland League games, scoring just three goals in the process.

They've also conceded 55, so are effectively shipping at least four goals every week. Sare.

They can have Josh Morris back. 

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Fair play to Hawick RA, who have somehow managed to lose 13 out of 13 Lowland League games, scoring just three goals in the process.

They've also conceded 55, so are effectively shipping at least four goals every week. Sare.

Things are getting a lot better for them, though :lol:, as first 8 league games included 7-0, 0-10, 6-0 + 0-9 reversals.

After changing manager they've been competitive in the league defeats, and only lost 3-1 at Deveronvale in the Scottish Cup, although losing 3-2 at Glasgow Uni in the South Challenge Cup would be a sore one.

Funnily enough they got a bye in R1 of the East Qualifying Cup, then drew Tweedmouth (bottom of EOSL with 0pts and F7/A72 from 11 games) in R2 and beat them 3-6... so they actually find themselves in a QF :lol:!

Fort William almost as bad in HL.... P16, F14/A79, 1pt.

Organise a mini-tournament of Cowdenbeath, Fort William, Hawick, Tweedmouth and Dumfries YMCA (bottom of SOSL with 6pts and F19/A84 from 17 games), and it'd be interesting to see what happened.

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Things are getting a lot better for them, though :lol:, as first 8 league games included 7-0, 0-10, 6-0 + 0-9 reversals.

After changing manager they've been competitive in the league defeats, and only lost 3-1 at Deveronvale in the Scottish Cup, although losing 3-2 at Glasgow Uni in the South Challenge Cup would be a sore one.

Funnily enough they got a bye in R1 of the East Qualifying Cup, then drew Tweedmouth (bottom of EOSL with 0pts and F7/A72 from 11 games) in R2 and beat them 3-6... so they actually find themselves in a QF :lol:!

Fort William almost as bad in HL.... P16, F14/A79, 1pt.

Organise a mini-tournament of Cowdenbeath, Fort William, Hawick, Tweedmouth and Dumfries YMCA (bottom of SOSL with 6pts and F19/A84 from 17 games), and it'd be interesting to see what happened.

We would draw 0-0 with everyone and skoosh it on penalties 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Failed to breach 10 points by February...

9 points adrift at the foot of the SPFL...

one win all season...

q0ubMAM.gif

Imagine getting absolutely pasted from an outfit like that, live on tv. A team with a wee huddle of fans, terrible facilities and no money.

that must have really hurt.

Imagine getting absolutely pasted from an outfit like that, live on tv. A team with a wee huddle of fans, terrible facilities and no money.

Tbf mate Dunfermline since then have always had the last laugh over you.

6 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Tbf mate Dunfermline since then have always had the last laugh over you.

It was after that day the downward spiral started Jake the break up of a decent side which we never recovered from, it was good at the time but no point on going on about it.

It was after that day the downward spiral started Jake the break up of a decent side which we never recovered from, it was good at the time but no point on going on about it.

Agreed. I was jealous of you b*****ds. How times have changed.

On 1/28/2018 at 08:49, 1GregStewart said:

My favorite part is where winning that game was a key factor in your best ever squad being broken up and being the key, defining start point of one the most spectacular,  miserable and prolonged collapses in football history.

Your club nearly had to (and quite possibly still might) kill itself in order to get one over us at one of our lowest points in recent history.

I'm absolutely gutted about the whole thing.

;)

37 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

My favorite part is where winning that game was a key factor in your best ever squad being broken up and being the key, defining start point of one the most spectacular,  miserable and prolonged collapses in football history.

Your club nearly had to (and quite possibly still might) kill itself in order to get one over us at one of our lowest points in recent history.

I'm absolutely gutted about the whole thing.

;)

We are just back where we belong. Dunfermline however, are still in business.

Must admit, the couple of times I saw you this season you didnt look as bad as the table looks.  not any worse than some of the other teams around you.  problem is othes have added a few during the window or just before and cowden havent which might be your undoing

We have added players. Lost count how many.

Archived