Cowdown Countdown 2.0

Going down to the last kick in a penalty shoot-out is hardly "bottling it" :lol:.

All the playoffs have been tight... Montrose were losing before 2 goals in last 15mins; Edinburgh City won 1-0 scoring on 87mins; then EK-Cowdenbeath pens.

EDIT: Same applies to SFs, except for Ed City gubbing Cove... Ed City-Brora went to pens; EK beat Buckie by odd goal in 7.

In terms of how things stand just now Cove are 5pts clear atop HL - having thrashed defending champion Buckie 7-1 last midweek - with game in hand, plus are pursued by Fraserburgh, Inverurie and Formartine (who won 5-0 at Brora on Saturday), it seems that Buckie and Brora have both fallen away. Things are tighter in LL with BSCG top, 1pt ahead of Spartans who've game in hand, in turn 1pt ahead of EK. Here it's East Stirlingshire who've fallen away v last season.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Going down to the last kick in a penalty shoot-out is hardly "bottling it" :lol:.

All the playoffs have been tight... Montrose were losing before 2 goals in last 15mins; Edinburgh City won 1-0 scoring on 87mins; then EK-Cowdenbeath pens.

EDIT: Same applies to SFs, except for Ed City gubbing Cove... Ed City-Brora went to pens; EK beat Buckie by odd goal in 7.

In terms of how things stand just now Cove are 5pts clear atop HL - having thrashed defending champion Buckie 7-1 last midweek - with game in hand, plus are pursued by Fraserburgh, Inverurie and Formartine (who won 5-0 at Brora on Saturday), it seems that Buckie and Brora have both fallen away. Things are tighter in LL with BSCG top, 1pt ahead of Spartans who've game in hand, in turn 1pt ahead of EK. Here it's East Stirlingshire who've fallen away v last season.

I've said since the pre season that I think Spartans will win it this season how they will do against the HL champions who knows.

I would agreee Kilby hardly bottled it last season they were a more than decent side. Even although they could have beaten us by more recently I don't think they are as good as last season's side but will still be there or there about's. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread should be titled
’ a thread to make Berwick fans feel better about themselves and part of Scottish football’

Berwick are a key part of Scottish Football, yellow feet is a fantastic poster and it's a cracking away day.

16 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

This thread should be titled

’ a thread to make Berwick fans feel better about themselves and part of Scottish football’

Why would I title it that when it's an ongoing, mocking commentary of Cowdenbeath's relegation plight?

On 10/23/2017 at 18:21, selfassemblyshire said:

The standard in the Lowland League isnt as high as last season. The ones to watch will be Spartans. LL took a beating from the HL in the 2nd round of the Scottish. I don't see anyone coming down soon.

LL may not be up to strength this season, but HL certainly is!   Think Cove, or whoever can possibly finish ahead of them will be a real force with whom to reckon!  I suspect quite strongly that the HL has this season 'woken up' to the idea of promotion and several more teams seem more interested in challenging at the top than previously, viz: - Fraserburgh & Huntly.

On 10/23/2017 at 18:21, selfassemblyshire said:

Archived