Metallica @ The Hydro

IainMorton

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupidly excited!!!! 12pm bus from KDY, scran, check in to our hotel then get all boozed up before heading to the Hydro. Got all my ID, urine and blood samples ready for all this security malarky that seems to be/might be enforced.

First time Metallica gig for me. In my 30’s now and been listening to them since 2nd year at high school, no doubt the teenager in me will come out big time when they hit the stage.

They seem to have a particular slot in their set for a fast thrashing song. Spit was last night but the other London gig earlier in the week got Damage Inc. As good as Spit is I think I’d lose my shit if Damage Inc was in the Glasgow set. Impossible to really predict the set as they’ve been changing it up here and there on this tour.

Stupidly excited!!!! 12pm bus from KDY, scran, check in to our hotel then get all boozed up before heading to the Hydro. Got all my ID, urine and blood samples ready for all this security malarky that seems to be/might be enforced.  

First time Metallica gig for me. In my 30’s now and been listening to them since 2nd year at high school, no doubt the teenager in me will come out big time when they hit the stage.

They seem to have a particular slot in their set for a fast thrashing song. Spit was last night but the other London gig earlier in the week got Damage Inc. As good as Spit is I think I’d lose my shit if Damage Inc was in the Glasgow set. Impossible to really predict the set as they’ve been changing it up here and there on this tour.

They played Damage Inc at Wembley Stadium in 2007 and it’s fucking ferocious live. One of those old tunes that’s better live since James’ voice can’t reach the notes he did back in the day, so they’ve had to tune down a wee bit thus making it even heavier live.

Going to this with my brothers and another mate, and got a hotel in town so we can have a bevvy. Been a fan since the black album came out but this will be my first time seeing them live so absolutely buzzing for it. 

Will be happy with any of the old thrashy classics but a particular favourite is Disposable Heroes 

Going to this with my brothers and another mate, and got a hotel in town so we can have a bevvy. Been a fan since the black album came out but this will be my first time seeing them live so absolutely buzzing for it. 

Will be happy with any of the old thrashy classics but a particular favourite is Disposable Heroes 

Just realised - I was talking pish in my previous post! (Sorry Raithie!) It was Disposable Heroes!

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Just realised - I was talking pish in the post above! (Sorry Raithie!) It was Disposable Heroes!

Easy done!

Just to confuse you further, I've seen the tribute band 'Damaged Inc' a few times in Dundee and they've always played Disposable Heroes. Sounds awesome in a tight wee venue. Will be chucking myself off the top tier if they play it tomorrow.

Easy done!
Just to confuse you further, I've seen the tribute band 'Damaged Inc' a few times in Dundee and they've always played Disposable Heroes. Sounds awesome in a tight wee venue. Will be chucking myself off the top tier if they play it tomorrow.

I’m on the top tier if you need a push! [emoji1]

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’m on the top tier if you need a push! emoji1.png

Don't know where I'm sitting yet tbh, need to collect tickets there. Last gig at the Hydro I was front row of the top tier... but that was Elton John :lol:

Going to see Metallica in Manchester on Saturday.  I wasn't sure if I'd have enough holidays to make it to Glasgow on a Thursday night when the tickets went on sale.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Only seen them once at Download Scotland back in 2004. 

Also looking forward to see Kvelertak in an arena.  I'll be interested to see how they cope as they are a great band in small venues.  I was at their first ever show in Glasgow back in 2011 and have caught them a few times since.  I checked their recent set lists for the Metallica tour and I'm quite glad to see the first two albums dominate it as the third album was a bit of a disappointment compared to them. 

Archived