Metallica @ The Hydro

IainMorton

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Had thought Glasgow's set list was good but I notice they did  'Am I Evil' in Birmingham last night.

Being a massive Queen fan I would’ve went mental if they played Stone Cold Crazy. Unfortunately they played that in Manchester on Saturday :( 

I think a lot of people missed their Scottish "doff of the cap" due to not having a clue what it was. The song that Kirk and Rob played was Hair of the Dog by Nazareth.

I think a lot of people missed their Scottish "doff of the cap" due to not having a clue what it was. The song that Kirk and Rob played was Hair of the Dog by Nazareth.

I had no idea that is what they were playing, couldn't really make it out from where I was.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Diamond Head.

Gotta be honest I was pretty disappointed, didn’t think the sound was good enough and the central stage doesn’t work for me, spreads out the energy in the crowd and I don’t want to see the backs of the band 75% of the time.

Means you have a better chance of getting closer to the band, more front rows and you aren’t standing miles away from the stage at the other end of the arena. Agree it’s crap cos the band are facing away from you half the time, but I prefer it cos it brings them closer and it feels more intimate.

Archived