Metallica @ The Hydro

IainMorton

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Were you right down the front? How did you obtain the setlist & pick?

Yeah I was on the barrier right next to the set of stairs at the end of the path way the band used to get to the stage. Don’t know if you noticed that each band member had their own “booth” at each side they could go to between songs? I was right next to Lars’ and at the end a woman came out with a handful of soaking wet setlists and handed me one. Just managed to get a pick when the band were chucking them at the end.

Oh and during Bellz, Rob came down to the crowd right in front of where I was standing. Almost got crushed to death... default_laugh.png

FCFA7F96-9562-457B-985D-868F66F84959.thumb.jpeg.dd504d5d81585d8f25a2ff875ded55ca.jpeg

Yeah I seen him doing that from up in the Gods! Brilliant view and sound even away up there. The combo of Rob’s bass and Lars’s bass drums was literally shaking the building.

Was thinking on the way home, it’s mental how 30-odd years into their career, they’ve wrote an album that’s that good that they can play 6 or 7 songs from Hardwired in their live set which are as well received as all the old classics, whilst also dropping some huge tunes from their set. I fucking love Metallica! What a gig!

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Yeah I seen him doing that from up in the Gods. Mental how 30-odd years into their career they write an album that good that they can play 6 or 7 songs from Hardwired in their live set that are as well received as all the old classics, whilst also dropping some huge tunes from their set.

I fucking love Metallica! What a gig!

Agree about the new stuff although Confusion didn’t go down as well as I’d hoped. Harvester and Blitzkreig were pleasant surprises.

Hope they come back soon and don’t wait for the next album tour.

Just now, Clyde01 said:

The set list was great, although personally I was a little disappointed fade to black didn’t make it on. One of my favourites and been a regular on the tour.

I was hoping for Four Horsemen and Blackened. Can’t complain though.

Agree about the new stuff although Confusion didn’t go down as well as I’d hoped. Harvester and Blitzkreig were pleasant surprises.
Hope they come back soon and don’t wait for the next album tour.

Aye, Sanitarium and Harvester were welcome surprises for me. Confusion seemed to go down fairly well where I was sitting but I know what you mean - It’s probably the one song from HTSD that got a slightly less excited response which they could’ve dropped from the set. They’re well-seasoned pro’s though so they’ll know what Hardwired songs are going to remain regulars at live shows.

Well that was rather fucking outstanding - got against the barrier front and centre, ended up with a handful of plectrums ... and Lars spoke to Ned Jnr (& got hit on the head by a drone)

Sanitarium & Anesthesia into Bells made my night

Just a fucking awesome gig tbh!!

Well that was rather fucking outstanding - got against the barrier front and centre, ended up with a handful of plectrums ... and Lars spoke to Ned Jnr (& got hit on the head by a drone)
Sanitarium & Anesthesia into Bells made my night

Just a fucking awesome gig tbh!!

How old is Ned Jnr, and what was Lars’ chat?

Enjoyed the bit between songs where James acknowledged the crowd and particularly 10 year old Robert(??) who was right at the barrier with his old man. Class.

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

How old is Ned Jnr, and what was Lars’ chat?

Enjoyed the bit between songs where James acknowledged the crowd and particularly 10 year old Robert(??) who was right at the barrier with his old man. Class.

He's 15. Standing is for 16s and over though so I'm surprised there was a 10yo in there - Lars asked if it was his first Metallica concert and said welcome to the family - short time later a roady came over and pressed some plectrums into his hand and got the stewards to move over a bit so he could see better ... you can see that in your picture above, there's a gap between the two stewards to the left at the front.

He's absolutely buzzing.

He's 15. Standing is for 16s and over though so I'm surprised there was a 10yo in there - Lars asked if it was his first Metallica concert and said welcome to the family - short time later a roady came over and pressed some plectrums into his hand and got the stewards to move over a bit so he could see better ... you can see that in your picture above, there's a gap between the two stewards to the left at the front. He's absolutely buzzing.

That’s brilliant mate, I’m chuffed as f**k for Ned Jnr as well! [emoji1][emoji869]

I’m nearly 37 and that’s the 6th time I’ve seen Metallica, 18 years since my first Metallica gig, and tbh I’m still buzzing like I’m 15 again this morning!

Enjoyed that on the whole, disappointed with some of the set though. Was hoping for Leper Messiah, Blackened/Battery, Fade and creeping death. Ride the lightning is my favourite album aswell so to only have one song off it was a shame.  No a fan of Harvester and Sanitarium in comparison. 

Liked the Hair of the dog section with Kirk and Rob. Sounded like half the fans didn't get it though. Liked most of the new stuff, moth into flame drone show was smart but gotta feel for the fan who got one right in the puss. ha

£96 tho is insane especially as we were up in the gods. 

Archived