Well done Banks o Dee & Glenafton

superbigal

8 hours ago, kenny131 said:

The closet Talbot fan with his usual tripe,  you are with out doubt a c**t. Our junior brethren have great results today in the big 1 and you want to post pish.  

"Brethren" lol.

Away and stalk someone else with your early hours of the morning drunken meltdowns ya dolt.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KarlMarx said:

Notice one Livi fan is already saying they will win 9-0.

It seems to me Championship fans are amongst tge worst for delusions they support massive clubs.

Ferranti/Meadowbank/Livingston fans amongst the worst!

In fairness they've started the season very well and should be winning this comfortably but it always comes across as utterly classless when fans get cocky against a perceived minnow. 

Just now, Shanner said:

In fairness they've started the season very well and should be winning this comfortably but it always comes across as utterly classless when fans get cocky against a perceived minnow. 

Exactly what I meant.

I do agree they should win with a but to spare but over 90mins you never know 

In the absence of anything meaningful down this neck of the woods yesterday, I went up to Banks O'Dee - it's hands -down the best new-build sports centre type venue I've seen, although I believe it was an upgrade of pre-existing facilities.

The team are more than decent too...they'd do well in the Highland League if they ever opened up the closed shop.

BOD need to push the issue with the SFA, its wrong that Kelty can join the EOS and look to progress via the LL to the SPFL whilst every Junior team north of the Tay doesn't have the same opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, drs said:

BOD need to push the issue with the SFA, its wrong that Kelty can join the EOS and look to progress via the LL to the SPFL whilst every Junior team north of the Tay doesn't have the same opportunity. 

A few of the Highland League grounds are cowps, albeit cowps in nice settings, and some of the teams just seem to lurch on from year to year. The likes of BoD have got a ground and a team to compare with the best of them, so it's surprising they were rejected when they previously applied in 2009 or 2010.

Or maybe it's not surprising at all...

9 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

A few of the Highland League grounds are cowps, albeit cowps in nice settings, and some of the teams just seem to lurch on from year to year. The likes of BoD have got a ground and a team to compare with the best of them, so it's surprising they were rejected when they previously applied in 2009 or 2010.

Or maybe it's not surprising at all...

That'll be coups then?

On 2017/10/15 at 13:35, drs said:

The SFA's current president is from Cove Rangers and that probably doesn't help as they won't want competition from much closer into the centre of Aberdeen to be Aberdeen's number two club.  From what I remember Banks O'Dee then manager went to Cove Rangers ground and wanted to fight somebody on hearing their Highland League application had been rejected as the perception was that Cove Rangers and others had opposed it at the meeting when the Aberdeenshire FA clubs had all been expected to back it.

The SFA's current president is from Cove Rangers and that probably doesn't help as they won't want competition from much closer into the centre of Aberdeen to be Aberdeen's number two club.  From what I remember Banks O'Dee then manager went to Cove Rangers ground and wanted to fight somebody on hearing their Highland League application had been rejected as the perception was that Cove Rangers and others had opposed it at the meeting when the Aberdeenshire FA clubs had all been expected to back it.

Even worse they let in strathspey who have hardly won a game since then.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Even worse they let in strathspey who have hardly won a game since then.

They would have wanted cannon fodder not sides who would challenge them, probably never expected Formartine to have a sugar daddy for a spell.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

They would have wanted cannon fodder not sides who would challenge them, probably never expected Formartine to have a sugar daddy for a spell.

I imagine that was the case - I remember there being some surprise about the three rural junior clubs they let in at the time.

Of the three, only Strathspey has lived up to expectations and become more perennial cannon fodder a la Fort William, Rothes and Lossie however....Formartine and to a lesser extent Turriff have done well.

15 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I imagine that was the case - I remember there being some surprise about the three rural junior clubs they let in at the time.

Of the three, only Strathspey has lived up to expectations and become more perennial cannon fodder a la Fort William, Rothes and Lossie however....Formartine and to a lesser extent Turriff have done well.

Aye i'm convinced they got in as they would be expected not to rock the boat of the established sides, while Banks O Dee would have been a real threat.

Archived