Not having any social media

12 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Whatsapp is just a free app for texting, it allows you to message and send pictures etc just like via conventional phone texts but without the cost. I fail to see what is difficult to understand about that.

What's the point of instagram if you have Whatsapp?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, throbber said:

Is this a serious question? Instagram is for storing photo's, its nothing like whats app.

Thought it was for sending them, there's loads of apps for storing them that link to whatsapp, I just don't see the point of yet another way of people communicating with you.

Whatsapp is just a free app for texting, it allows you to message and send pictures etc just like via conventional phone texts but without the cost. I fail to see what is difficult to understand about that.

Lol this, free voice and video calls abroad aswell. Better connection than Skype, a must for guys working away to talk to bird, kids etc.

It's in no way the same as Facebook or the like (which I have none)

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Thought it was for sending them, there's loads of apps for storing them that link to whatsapp, I just don't see the point of yet another way of people communicating with you.

No, instagram is just a photo album that you follow people on and like their pictures and you can comment on them as well if you like. You can edit your pictures quite nicely on Instagram too so its alright. Theres no storing of photos on whats app really its just a messenger that you can send pictures and videos on, you wouldn't go putting an album on it or anything so its not going too overboard to have Facebook, Instagram and Whats app. 

1 minute ago, throbber said:

No, instagram is just a photo album that you follow people on and like their pictures and you can comment on them as well if you like. You can edit your pictures quite nicely on Instagram too so its alright. Theres no storing of photos on whats app really its just a messenger that you can send pictures and videos on, you wouldn't go putting an album on it or anything so its not going too overboard to have Facebook, Instagram and Whats app. 

I get sent pictures all the time and they're nearly always boring and shite (here's our hotel, pint at airport). I'm out.

Facebook needs to get the newsfeed to f**k. They've created a monster that's destroying society.

Can you not just go to a restaurant and enjoy it along with your company instead of creating some weird false representation of what's actually going on? How do you think they person without Facebook feels at that table. It's utterly bizarre narcissistic behaviour and it scares me that people get so sucked into it and addicted to attention.

Are you a celebrity

No

Do you have anything worthwhile or original to say?

No

put the phone away

I went on Facebook around 10 years ago as the majority of internet competitions required a FB account. I'm not sure it's a good thing. It and P&B are the first things I check in the morning.

I'm actually not sure the Internet is that good a thing. We had a powercut the other night and I thought I'll just check the phone and call Scottish Power. Nope. Phone book? Whit? No idea where that is or even if we have one. If the Internet goes I'm completely fucked.

I have WhatsApp and Instagram too. Toyed with getting Twitter, but I feel more inclined to wean myself off social media than get another account.

18 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Are you a celebrity

No

Do you have anything worthwhile or original to say?

No

put the phone away

I like the idea you're asking these probing questions.  I tend to do the same.

I'm I a celebrity? 

questionable.  

Do I have anything worthwhile or original to say? 

Abso-bloody-lutely.  

Has my Likes:Post ratio being increasing year on year since 2011?

Yes.  

Time for status update.  

Archived